Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unveil My Heart - Album Cover Contest!

[DE]Megan

I gave you my all… BUT S̢̤̬̫T̡̗̣̪͔̖̼̖̈́̇ͥ̂̿͋Ȋ̦̰̦̰̱͚ͭ͑̈́͑́̚L̮̜̘͇͍̗ͭ̔̀L̹ YO̡͇̘̫̙̭U͝ L̵̴̤̪͉͉͓̱͙̹̈́̌O̢͇̯͈̻̙̻ͧͪ̊̍̾̉͟͡V̬̹̳̻̼͔̪͗͗̈́ͨ͢Ë̜̰̥͇͔́͒̈̋̍ͪ̂̐ H͑̄̈̉̾ͤͮ͏̹̥̙̺̬̮̞̕͢É̷̮̲͖̩̗̰́̋̈̎͠R̡̭͙̳̎͊͐͑̌̃͊̂ͬ̓ͨ̀͞?

H88r8JN.jpg

It's of an Operator and their doppelganger. 

Edited by MissMarifire
  • Like 2

Good luck to all participants, and thanks for the opportunity to participate. I had fun.

Below is my entry. If we can get the artist to come in for more photo shoots, we'll be able to include different sets of artwork with the album.

Front and Back Album Cover (JPG)

I Used To Be Your Hero (Album Cover, JPG version) by ArmorMatrix

Spoiler

TIF:

I Used To Be Your Hero (front and back cover, TIF) by ArmorMatrix

Collectible Album Artwork "War and Peace" (JPG)

Excalibur War and Peace (JPG) by ArmorMatrix

Spoiler

War and Peace Excalibur (TIF) by ArmorMatrix

All individual images:

Spoiler

Used To Be Your Hero (front cover, JPG) by ArmorMatrix

Used To Be Your Hero (back cover, JPG) by ArmorMatrix

Excalibur Poster No Text (JPG version) by ArmorMatrix

Excalibur Poster Text (JPG version) by ArmorMatrix

Excalibur Dark (JPG) by ArmorMatrix

Bright Excalibur (JPG) by ArmorMatrix

Album Review below. Skip it if you'd rather imagine the songs for yourself.

Spoiler

Cressa - A lovesick ballad that brings the toughest of men to their knees.

Betrayed by a Broberon - Angry, but not without some dark humor. Mostly acoustic guitar and strong, soulful vocals. Sure to be an alt-rock classic.

Hek of a Woman - Full of fond memories of what once was. Strong country vibes.

Gimme Back My Forma - All the sacrifices (all those catalysts, Nekros' helmet) he spent on her and her cause. He'd take them back if he could. Rhino plays the angel to Excalibur's devil on this track; he constantly chimes in with a resonating baritone, reminding him that she wasn't all bad and her cause was just. The track (and the bros' exchange) is as complex as any argument/conversation with a good brother about your troubles. This hip-hop slow jam track features catchy beat and hook, plus nonstop lyrical table-tennis between its two MCs.

Clem Warned Me 'Bout You - Also country, but the flipside to Hek of a Woman; it's about all the bad times with her and all the signs he missed.

Heart Deserter - If she could desert the Grineer, your heart was never going to hold her. Strong R&B track about the classic heartbreaker of a girl. Nova's saccharine vocals keep the track upbeat.

From a General to an Enemy - Headbanging, foot-stomping, hip-hop, club track. It's about finally accepting your place outside of her life. Frost's verses are killer, and cold as ...ice.

Rollers in the Deep - Sober, soulful, reminiscent of what was, but with an eye toward the future without her. Saryn's vocals offer a deep, simultaneously mournful and hopeful air to the track.

Baby, I'm Over You (And Your Death Squad) - Upbeat, he's getting back to doing what he does best: killing bad guys, restoring balance, farming. He's starting to feel like himself again.

In the Arms of Amaryn - He's found someone new. She doesn't have his augments, but that Sancti Tigris is looking pretty fire and not being attacked by Ancients is a welcomed relief. Amaryn is easy on the eyes, too. He thought she was cold-hearted at first, but she's warming up.

I Used to Be Your Hero - Classic, crooning rock ballad with that vintage 1980s vibe. Excalibur's vocals reach new heights as he finally gets over her, and takes one last look back at the good old days when he was "A Hero to these people" and to her.

I'm likely going to have to give the album a few more listens to see if some of my least favorite tracks grow on me (the country titles were hard to like, not their lyrics, just the incongruous sound), but it's well worth a listen for all the lovers out there."

-- Limbo, Warframe Magazine Music Editor

Edited by Rhekemi
Removed PNGs and used JPG and TIF. Also, album review.