The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unveil My Heart - Album Cover Contest!

[DE]Megan

An edgy Equinox, I had lot of fun making this one.

And yes I know the Insomnia skin would work better for the whole demon thing but i don´t have it lol

also I´m unable to link the image I don´t know why, but here is the link anyways (If there is a problem with me uploading only a link let me now)

https://imgur.com/gallery/mibiNz5

Edited by (PS4)Sack_Noir

10 hours ago, iv2b said:

https://imgur.com/a/t7CU3

Currently retiring my submission due to controversy. It shall be back later.

I'm keeping the link up in case somebody wants to check it out anyway / to avoid reserving a post.

It's not controversy. You broke a contest rule/guideline and disqualified your entry by doing so.

I absolutely loved your submission. It's a pity the artwork is not yours. When I first saw it, I thought it was yours. It's worth noting that you did not provide a link to the original artist when you posted it.

As for fair use, that's not how it works at all. Stock images require licenses to use as well, unless they're hosted on a site that explicitly has a CC0 (creative commons zero) license allowing you to use the images completely, 100% royalty free.

Here's an example. 100% free stock images here at Pexels.

Stock images that require you to purchase a license here at Getty.

In the Ivara artist's case, he or she provided no such CC0 license, and you did not request and obtain permission. Even if you did, the contest rules posted by [DE]Megan explicitly prohibit the use of another's artwork. (In other contests, they allow collaboration: this contest does not.)

The prizes, should you win one (and you very well might have), have a monetary value so you would be gaining compensation based on another artist's work without that artist's permission or a license of some kind allowing you to do so.

You have a future in graphic art, photo manipulation, and digital art. Don't ruin or jeopardize it by not acknowledging what you did wrong here. Own it, apologize to the artist (send them a comment on DA), and remake your submission from scratch. (I used Captura for all my submission's images. It won't win anything, it isn't the best entry, but it's all my hard work. Everyone here did their best while abiding by the rules. You must do the same.)

Learn the proper rules and guidelines for acquiring another artist's artwork and stick to them. Also, read, re-read, and abide by contest rules (if you enter one) as best you can.

You screwed up and I don't think you were honest. It wasn't an accident. But you don't have to run from this. Learn from it and do better.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, MagicOwls said:

First Dream, second dream? a third dream?! Every dream always ends up in a tragic way. A Lose in hope. and well dreams! These dreams are nothing but a betrayal. "It was all a dream, a dream of betrayal" - MagicOwls

Hope some of you notice the hidden images within the album cover :)

xSBNnwG.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the appreciation! means a lot <3