Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunting Eidolons is just to hard.

Kinjeto

In light of the focus system now not being a long term system in 2017.
Also with the recent change to trials arcanes, now dropping from Eidolons in 2018

I'm having terrible trouble killing the Eidolons and finding a squad to do that.. It takes too much effort. It's just too difficult.
The arcanes from Quill's seem so overpowered and I don't think I'll ever be able to get a set.

Can we just remove the Arcanes from Quills and have the Arcanes from Quills, just drop from the Eidolon as well? It would be such a greatr design.

Eidolons are a buggy mess, when the Eidolon is walking around Plains of Eidolon. The Eidolon always gets stuck in rocks or just teleports away.
Then when daylight comes the Eidolon just disappears. I think this is an exploit.

I can't even tell what skill the Eidolon is casting. There's no telegraphing Eidolon skills anywhere and it's so buggy and near unplayable.
I don't even know what Im shooting at half the time. It takes so much effort to get an hunting Eidolon squad and you need the right amp. Finding a squad is to hard, The mechanics are just so difficult to understand.

There's no sign posting anywhere about what's going on with the Eidolon, when I can damage the Eidolon with the operator or normal Warfrmae weapons and it just takes so much effort. How am I ever going to get the Arcane from the Quills can we just have them drop instead from the first Eidolon.

Edited by Kinjeto

3 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

In light of the focus system now not being a long term system in 2017.
Also with the recent change to trials arcanes, now dropping from Eidolons in 2018

I'm having terrible trouble killing the Eidolons and finding a squad to do that.. It takes too much effort. It's just too difficult.
The arcanes from Quill's seem so overpowered and I don't think I'll ever be able to get a set.

Can we just remove the Arcanes from Quills and have the Arcanes from Quills, just drop from the Eidolon as well? It would be such a greatr design.

Eidolons are a buggy mess, when the Eidolon is walking around Plains of Eidolon. The Eidolon always gets stuck in rocks or just teleports away.
Then when daylight comes the Eidolon just disappears. I think this is an exploit.

I can't even tell what skill the Eidolon is casting. There's no telegraphing Eidolon skills anywhere and it's so buggy and near unplayable.
I don't even know what Im shooting at half the time. It takes so much effort to get an hunting Eidolon squad and you need the right amp. Finding a squad is to hard, The mechanics are just so difficult to understand.

There's no sign posting anywhere about what's going on with the Eidolon, when I can damage the Eidolon with the operator or normal Warfrmae weapons and it just takes so much effort. How am I ever going to get the Arcane from the Quills can we just have them drop instead from the first Eidolon.

WHAT? Seriously WHAT? lmao

Eidolons are simple to solo all 3 as they are, i run public groups 24/7 in cetus for eidolons and they always seem competant enough even if i am carrying them sometimes, at least they understand what is going on, the problem is you, nothing else

Wiki that ish. Or you know that Youtube thing all the kids are using. Or dig around the forums here for Eido tutorial or ask in-game chat. They are not too difficult at all once you get a bit of Eido hunting experience under you belt. 

And no! No more arcanes need to be placed on Eido/s

Edited by RawGritz

2 minutes ago, RawGritz said:

Wiki that ish. Or you know that Youtube thing all the kids are using. Or dig around the forums here for Eido tutorial or ask in-game chat. They are not too difficult at all once you get a bit Eido hunting experience under you belt. 

And no! No more arcanes need to be placed on Eido/s

But that's not fair on an average player like me.

We need more systems that are just for the average player.

Okay. First off, killing an Eidolon is not hard what so ever, just run Chroma and you can solo capture the him with ease, as I and many others have done plenty of times. Secondly, just look up a guide, even the worst ones explain the basics and from there you should understand everything for the fight and how to tell when certain phase is. Here I'll explain the basics even right now. Step 1. 2-6 lures. Step 2. Charge lures with Vomvulysts. Step 3. Take down Eidolon shield(T2 is my prefered amp) Step 4. When Eidolon flashes red, you can damage his limbs. Step 5. Take down limb. Step 6. Repeat from Step 3. It's really not that hard. 

7 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

I would argue that there are currently way too many systems that are for the average player. 

Even the Eidolons can be memorised and their difficulty depends on nothing more than a standard meta squad composition.

I remember my first eidolon fight , it didint took me forever to figure out how to tho the thing with lures what I got from my squad mates , new eidolons same as old just more spungy and fights whem self aint what hard to begin with

all my fights were pubs , so yeah git gud ( and by what I mean forma / potatoes / right frams and weapons )

Edited by bad4youLT

Yeah how about we just make it so you can buy the Arcanes from Quillu for a resource that we can get on the plains.
It really is just too difficult and it's always flashing stuff in front of my screen I can't see anything of what's going on.

Edited by Kinjeto

Just now, Kinjeto said:

Yeah how about we just make it so you can buy the Arcanes from Quillu for a resource that we can get on the plains.

he already sells whem , the arcane what eidolon drops are from raids wich frankly its way better when doing raids 1) its faster 2) I can do it more one once aday 3) those arcanes are tradable 4) your crying over nothing

6 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

he already sells whem , the arcane what eidolon drops are from raids wich frankly its way better when doing raids 1) its faster 2) I can do it more one once aday 3) those arcanes are tradable 4) your crying over nothing

But what about the Arcanes from Quillu, we need resources where you just kill one monster, not the Eidolon, that's hard. It takes effort.
Why can't I just go farm some Iradite and get the Arcanes that way.

5 minutes ago, PhillipJokar said:

They would be right.
The exception being when you're solo.

But it's not easy, it's hard and buggy. The Arcanes are limited to people in the high part of the Quill's faction. I can't even tell when the magnetic proc is or not it lights up my screen to much and I always get downed.

Edited by Kinjeto

Well, this topic started off wonderfully.

I'll admit Kinjeto, first time I wanted to get into the Quills and the Eidolons fight, I had the same feelings as you did, but once I got into it, you'll be able to handle it, it just takes time to practice and learn and with a little bit of patience it will be sorted in no time.

There's no point me giving you a wall of text on how to fight them, as no one reads them these days, but if you add me in-game, I'll be happy to teach you a thing or two. As I can almost solo them at this point and I and a group of friends will always be happy to take in someone, to teach them. Let me know if your up for it and drop me an invite or DM here.  

It sounds like you have an issue with your Computer if it is as buggy as you say.

Try lowering your settings and removing the lighting effects. Or, if that doesn't do it, you may need a new computer that can keep up with the game.

If you are having physiological issues (seizures, migraines, etc.) then there is nothing we can do for you.

If it isn't any of the above issues, just get better at the game. I'm not super good at the game but I can still assist a team in capping a Teralyst with relative ease.

hace 6 horas, Kinjeto dijo:

Sorry to tell you but you seems a lot lower that the "average player" . This post even sound like you are just trolling , the attack of the teralyst (the other 2 are a little more annoyin for all the lights in the screen ) are extremely easy to see (and notice each type of attack) and evade (or not , its pretty hard to die even without evade) .

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)janglesthemonke said:

Okay. First off, killing an Eidolon is not hard what so ever, just run Chroma and you can solo capture the him with ease, as I and many others have done plenty of times. Secondly, just look up a guide, even the worst ones explain the basics and from there you should understand everything for the fight and how to tell when certain phase is. Here I'll explain the basics even right now. Step 1. 2-6 lures. Step 2. Charge lures with Vomvulysts. Step 3. Take down Eidolon shield(T2 is my prefered amp) Step 4. When Eidolon flashes red, you can damage his limbs. Step 5. Take down limb. Step 6. Repeat from Step 3. It's really not that hard. 

None of what you explained made any sense. Could you go more in depth?

What are lures. Fishing lures?

How do you charge with a vomvalyst. Why do you do this. Where is a good place to find them?

Amp...T2..

I thought you could always damage its limbs...thats where i aimed with my operator power...

you find eidolon lures in most grineer camps during nighttime, you can make them follow you.

you charge them by shooting a vomvalyst that is near the lure, so it enters its "ghost" state. The lure will automatically eat it.

the starting amp is good enough for teralyst hunts, but you should probably bring something better to hydralyst hunts.

you use the amp to remove the eidolon shields. You use conventional weapons do destroy weak points.

it is best to use a high crit weapon with high radiation damage. Teralysts are immune to status effects.

edit: even if you fail to kill it in your first hunt, you would probably still have obtained a lot of intact cores

Edited by SpacewalkerX