Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoilers) My operator looks up-to SWOLOTUS as their rolemodel

Maka.Bones

Would be nice if we were able to add more muscle definition to our operators. I know they're teens, but they seem like they're still in their 13s. When I was 15-17 I had a six-pack, and decently sized (big) biceps. Now my operator Q.Qs wishing they could look like their space mom, SWOLOTUS. 

I don't mean that literal btw... It's an exaggeration, for comical effect lol. I think the word for it is hyperbole. I definitely wouldn't want a SWOLOTUS kid xD though I'd lmao. I just mean more muscle development/definition, in proportion to their age. I get that if they've been in the capsule for thousands of years, they'd be string beans. Muscle atrophy is a real thing that happens, so I'd expect to see it affect our operators.

Though after (spoiler)

Spoiler

"The war within" when we can finally walk around, and engage in combat. It would be SWEET to finally have some more muscle definition/increase.  Male operators don't have much for shoulders/pecs/biceps. Female glutes/hips/chests don't look much more different than the male's. I'm just suggesting a slight/gradual increase. Or the option to customize it as we would like

Edited by Maka.Bones

4 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

No.

Just....no.

I'm not asking to be as buff as SWOLOTUS xD

Just some slight muscle definition. Male operators don't have much for shoulders/pecs/biceps. Female glutes/hips/chests don't look much more different than the male's. 

A small/gradual amount of definition/increase is all I'm suggesting. 

I was in shape as a teen, but I'm a lot bigger(in regards to muscle) now as an adult. So of course, I'm suggesting something proportional to their age

Edited by Maka.Bones

I think the reason operators look mostly the same is because they're magical/sci-fi wunderkin. Physical mutations and stunted growth are common tropes in sci-fi when it comes to superhumans, test-tube kids, etc. Perhaps the similarity in appearance is because of such? Regardless, I also would love to see more customization options for Operators, so I'd definitely be happy with body sliders and muscled textures. In regards to there being more masc/fem options for appearance, I wish they could somehow apply that to frames too, maybe give us a "bulky" to "sleek" slider paired with a "hard" to "soft" slider, so we can masc or fem our Warframes too. 

On 2/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

The Operators are like...twelve, dude. They're not gonna have any muscle definition. And I dunno why you were so much in-shape back in your early teens, but lemme tell you, that's not how most people looked at that age.

Sports? I used to surf a lot.... and actually a lot of early teens that are active, are in shape. It's much harder to have a sixpack as an adult, than as a teenager (metabolism slows down). The muscle size is what's relative to age--mostly pertaining to male muscles due to the increase of testosterone production & skeletal growth.

Again, not asking to be HUGE. Just some more discernible differences

My family has had a lot of nurses/doctors, and mom used to be an amateur bodybuilder, so I've studied/learned a lot about the human body's development and functions. It's really not hard, or rare to see teens with developed muscles. It's actually really easy to develop your body at that age--again, it's easier for teens than for adults. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

Operators are like 12 or something.  Their role is not physical.  They're space magicians technomancing superfuture technological ninja assassin puppets.

Do you see any exercise equipment in your lander.

You try going on a combat mission, without developing muscles/feeling sore for the next week. :)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

They... don't really go on a combat mission.  They might pop out of their Warframes for a few seconds here and there, but the Operators themselves do not play a physical role and they are not physically trained for combat.  Their role is mental.

Maybe that's how *you* play them. But I actually use my operator a lot.

Btw, just because they're powers... doesnt' mean that they don't also put a physical toll on your bodies. Can you even imagine how sore your abs would feel, after void dashing so much around the plains? Or how sore that arm/shoulder would be from continuous rail-gun usage?

The mind's effectiveness, hugely depends on the body. Vice versa. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

more options never hurts so why not. It's very odd for 12 year olds to all have the same body shape. There are plenty of people who have already begun puberty by then. In particular females can start at 10.

I'd rather have an older operator though

Edited by TeCoolTenno

On 2/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

The Operators are like...twelve, dude. They're not gonna have any muscle definition. And I dunno why you were so much in-shape back in your early teens, but lemme tell you, that's not how most people looked at that age.

Liam Hoekstra Strongest KidsCJ Senter Strongest KidsAndrey Kostash Strongest KidsGiuliano Stroe 10 Strongest Kids In The WorldClaudio Stroe Strongest Kids

In all seriousness, the operators aren't your average kids

My Operator can withstand gunfire(especially from turrets), bombard explosions and machete attacks for a long time :D

Edited by Sorise

On 2/18/2018 at 4:50 PM, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

They... don't really go on a combat mission.  They might pop out of their Warframes for a few seconds here and there, but the Operators themselves do not play a physical role and they are not physically trained for combat.  Their role is mental.

I suppose they use their mental prowess to shoot eidolons and disarm Kuva guards and can have 1125 HP w/ 600 armor to enhance their mental stability :D

Heck, they can use that to kill normal enemies too while leveling amps, run and slide everywhere, heck some admit to usin Operators a lot.

11 hours ago, Sorise said:

I suppose they use their mental prowess to shoot eidolons and disarm Kuva guards and can have 1125 HP w/ 600 armor to enhance their mental stability :D

Heck, they can use that to kill normal enemies too while leveling amps, run and slide everywhere, heck some admit to usin Operators a lot.

I myself actually use my Operator in combat quite a bit. However, it's unclear what exactly their physicality is. They may be composed largely of energy for all we know, and there's a chance the Operator we use in battle is just an astral projection (as opposed to the Operator that you can physically walk around as on your ship). All things considered, it'd be difficult to determine how combat would affect them physically, if at all.

12 hours ago, Sorise said:

-snip of swole kids-

....that's @(*()$ creepy, dude.

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity

Easy.

Here's a picture of me when I was 14. Keep in mind that I was slouching when this pic was taken.

6d77bc0be9.jpg

Can't see my pecs, since I was slouching. Though you can see that my shoulders/arms had already stated to develop from the constant paddling while out in the ocean. This is what I mean by proportional physical development. I didn't look like those kids, or like jojo, but I still had a more developed physique than the current operators.

I'd show my sister, if it wasn't that she matured so fast that her body looked like that of a 22yr old, by the time she was 16. That doesn't seem appropriate, and I don't want any internet ppl gawking at my sister. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Well, I hope that we have a separation in the Operator on the Orbiter and what is seen in Missions, where the Operator has never left the Orbiter since being rescued from the Moon.

Therefore, what we see in Missions is the result of the best efforts of the Operators' mental projections after suffering from such a deep memory loss for so long. So what is happening is the Operator is using the Somatic Link to send Void energy through the Warframe and is then shaping that energy into what we see happen in missions.

If this can be the case, then we can see different sorts of additions to the Operators in terms of cosmetics and adjustments to in-Mission Operator mode.

So maybe at some point Ordis remembers some of the training he used to do with his body and the Operator starts some physical training, and what we see in Missions can be more dramatic such as just moving the Warframe around or projecting a far more impressive energy manifestation that what they currently can muster.

9 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Well, I hope that we have a separation in the Operator on the Orbiter and what is seen in Missions, where the Operator has never left the Orbiter since being rescued from the Moon.

Therefore, what we see in Missions is the result of the best efforts of the Operators' mental projections after suffering from such a deep memory loss for so long. So what is happening is the Operator is using the Somatic Link to send Void energy through the Warframe and is then shaping that energy into what we see happen in missions.

If this can be the case, then we can see different sorts of additions to the Operators in terms of cosmetics and adjustments to in-Mission Operator mode.

So maybe at some point Ordis remembers some of the training he used to do with his body and the Operator starts some physical training, and what we see in Missions can be more dramatic such as just moving the Warframe around or projecting a far more impressive energy manifestation that what they currently can muster.

You know that operators can teleport into/out of objects, right? So from the ship, they're able to teleport themselves onto the mission, through the Warframe they were mentally connected to

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

You know that operators can teleport into/out of objects, right? So from the ship, they're able to teleport themselves onto the mission, through the Warframe they were mentally connected to

I hope that is just player headcanon.

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Have you completed "the war within" 

storyquest?

Oh, the whole Queen burrowing, right?

I figured it was the Queen using her knowledge of Orokin tech to burrow through the Somatic Link, to get to us. The whole transfer of wireless energy certainly is an interesting topic, in and of itself.