Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Night Vision Gear in PoE

QuinnZai

Hello, I have not searched for posts that may be suggesting the same thing I am right now so I apologize if it's already in the works or being discussed.

Night vision gear that can be made in your orbiter for use in PoE. Reason: I run a low end computer and I have adaptive exposure on with everything else on low but there are times when I cannot literally see right in front of me. It's just so dark at night when there isn't lightning in the sky to occasionally light up the place. So what I would like is if we could use up a gear slot on an item that we can toggle on or off in PoE that renders the screen in black and white or the traditional green and black. Please. Unless there are other plans to deal with how dark the nights can be in the Plains then I am really looking forward to seeing the changes.

I know there are people who will just say, buy a new computer. But I do not have the money to spare for one and I won't for months. Nor do I really feel like paying for a new computer just for this one specific thing I play. And night vision in a universe where technology reigns supreme, seems like a real simple fix. Unless it isn't possible somehow.

Turn adaptive exposure and bloom off, Have you not bothered to use the brightness slider m8, Increase brightness. I was able to see fine with a low end laptop ( i5 1.7ghz dual core, GT820m 2gb, 8gb ram), and that's with 20-30fps max in poe on everything low.

Edited by RayxAyanami

On 2/17/2018 at 4:31 PM, RayxAyanami said:

Turn adaptive exposure and bloom off, Have you not bothered to use the brightness slider m8, Increase brightness. I was able to see fine with a low end laptop ( i5 1.7ghz dual core, GT820m 2gb, 8gb ram), and that's with 20-30fps max in poe on everything low.

Sorry, only got back now. I have tried it with it all off, I tried it with full brightness. I tried it with a mixture of other settings. It just doesn't work. I will take a screen for you.

Edit: Seems you were correct. My AMD drivers had overridden some of the settings in the game and made it so much darker. After restoring them to default, cleaning the registry and using the brightness slider, it actually made a difference. This is the second time I've had a problem with these AMD drivers in Warframe. Honestly not enjoying all the trouble this card is giving me...

Edited by QuinnZai

48 minutes ago, QuinnZai said:

Sorry, only got back now. I have tried it with it all off, I tried it with full brightness. I tried it with a mixture of other settings. It just doesn't work. I will take a screen for you.

Edit: Seems you were correct. My AMD drivers had overridden some of the settings in the game and made it so much darker. After restoring them to default, cleaning the registry and using the brightness slider, it actually made a difference. This is the second time I've had a problem with these AMD drivers in Warframe. Honestly not enjoying all the trouble this card is giving me...

Come over to this side, the grass IS green. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sorry for the puns, I'm lonely :c. 

I'm all for night vision gear. I have no idea why Warframes don't have a key-binding for "turn on night vision."

I mean, most of the time the levels aren't that dark, but a) we can manipulate the void but can't do light-amplification? and b) it would allow more varied tileset darkness, new difficulty mods, and so forth. 

Would I would really love would be a gear item that marks enemies kinda like the Argonak, but with way more range, so it would be easier (but at a resource cost for the consumable item) to spot enemies hidden far away in some bushes bombarding you with mortars. Even at day.

Edited by AetherMcLoud