Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Nerf this, nerf that...”

GrimmMonsoon.ttv

I’m honestly sick of seeing people demand REALLY good, useful and strategically amazing frames be nerfed. 

First, let’s talk about the main Warframe people are calling to be lynched:

Limbo. 

Limbo is an amazing frame to use in Mobile Defense, Excavation, rescues and more. 

People are frequently annoyed by not being able to shoot enemies, and instead have to melee kill them. Why is that such a problem? A good player should easily be able to adapt to any situation. 

Another frequent complaint I see is people still hate Banshee’s RQ. Now, yes, I am being bias here because I was a Banshee main for a long time. I’m not going to deny this. But I freaking love the RQ change, because I can’t be lazy, I can’t just sit by idly and play a game on mY phone while farming focus and leveling people. If players are still getting more kills than you, but can’t just sit afk and do it, that’s something you need to accept. Even with max range and strength, it’s not that strong. You can still do a lot of damage! Heck, maybe ask them to cast Sonar so you can deal even more damage. A good Banshee will always be using Sonar anyway. 

Please, stop punishing people who use Warframes properly because of trolls. It’s incredibly insulting, it’s annoying, and can cause a lot of anger. A perfect example of this was when Gara Came into existence. I put a LOT of work into her (5 Forma) and she got changed HARD (i personally think it ended up being a buff rather than a nerf, especially with the recent change). Everyone works really hard on their loved warframes. Often purchasing Forma, with plat often bought with REAL money. 

I don’t want my favourite frames ending up in the bin because a handful are upset they can’t get kills. 

My advice: learn to adapt to every situation. Work out how you can contribute to the team. 

I don't think anyone is really asking for limbo to be 'nerfed', most of us would be happy with one or two changes based around how we pull enemies into the rift and allowing us to use guns when stasis is active. 

Banshee RQ... I don't see how DE have done what they said they were going to do when the duration is so short thats there's hardly enough time to move after casting it.  Not to mention most players have just changed the way they use it and are now just repeatedly pressing 4 all the time with the end result being basically the same as before the 'changes'...

Personally I don't like gara's changes either because it's 'encouraging' us to stay near the centre to 'capture' more targets to buff it rather than allowing us to use it pre-emptively cast MV to protect the target. 

While we can adapt to changes we still need to speak up when DE screws up and actually ends up making the situations they were trying to fix worse than they were before. 

Edited by LSG501

2 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

There are people asking for Limbo to be nerfed? 

I saw one post asking Limbo to be deleted from the game. 

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I don't think anyone is really asking for limbo to be 'nerfed', most of us would be happy with one or two changes based around how we pull enemies into the rift and allowing us to use guns when stasis is active. 

Banshee RQ... I don't see how DE have done what they said they were going to do when the duration is so short thats there's hardly enough time to move after casting it.  Not to mention most players have just changed the way they use it and are now just repeatedly pressing 4 all the time with the end result being basically the same as before the 'changes'...

Personally I don't like gara's changes either because it's 'encouraging' us to stay near the centre to 'capture' more targets to buff it rather than allowing us to use it pre-emptively cast MV to protect the target. 

That’s what I love about Gara now though. You have to think before you can’t it. 

Banshee’s new fourth is fine. It doesn’t need to be touched. Players adapted to the change, now it’s your turn to adapt. 

44 minutes ago, GrimMonsoon said:

People are frequently annoyed by not being able to shoot enemies, and instead have to melee kill them. Why is that such a problem?

Why it a problem for frames with low armor and health to be forced into melee range, especially in level 100 sorties?  I mean I really can't figure it out....

You aren't going to adapt to the Toxic Eximi who is hitting you with poison procs just for looking in its general direction.

I've never asked for Limbo nerf, I've asked that his kit be made less intrustive.  Stasis should work on your Limbo and the enemies - not the rest of the squad.

The current mechanic is taking away 50% of their loadout in one move.  Especially annoying because it's usually done at awful times - I've never seen anybody need stasis that badly to justify giving up the best means of ranged fighting they have.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Why it a problem for frames with low armor and health to be forced into melee range, especially in level 100 sorties?  I mean I really can't figure it out....

You aren't going to adapt to the Toxic Eximi who is hitting you with poison procs just for looking in its general direction.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m pretty confident with all my melee weapons and warframes being able to kill a level 100 toxic eximus before the proc can kill me. And if it does kill each, a teammate can revive me. 

4 minutes ago, GrimMonsoon said:

I can’t speak for everyone.

Exactly you DON'T speak for everybody - so why should YOU have the power to dictate what weapons I use?  That is the core problem with Limbo.

Yeah you can be revived - but there's also times where nobody can make it to you.  How about mine ospreys - in level 100 sorties they're a 1 hit kill for many frames, and good luck meleeing an osprey in the air, the little buggers move around so erratically it became a waste of time trying to land an in-air hit on them.  I've seen entire sorties groups wiped out trying to revive people on mines.

And even if somebody is there to revive me - in what world is that justifiable that your powers contribute to my death but you think its okay because I can be revived?  That is awful team play at work.

Again, nobody wants a Limbo nerf - just to get rid of the horrible squad synergy (which surprise, would lower the complaining about him by a mile.)

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Noone ever, ever likes it when something gets in the way of the way they want to play. I mean, think of all the screams of rage over the years about Nulifiers for god's sake.

This goes double when the cause isn't the game, but a fellow player. WoF didn't get it's range nerfed because it was too powerful, but because for almost any star map mission it would completely invalidate anyone else having to be there, getting in the way of the reason many people play Warframe, which is to Play Warframe. Same for Mirage + Simulor, Classic Bladestorm... None of these things were overpowered, or even the best for Sorties or the like, but they still got nerfed because they were ruining the fun for anyone who has yet to go numb from farming and just want it all to be over with as quickly and painlessly as possible.

That being said, in regards to the frames mentioned in the OP, I haven't had enough run-ins with the new RQ Banshee to form an opinion of them. As for Limbo, It's usually either during Rescue or Spy when I'm not worried about killing enemies, or Sortie missions where I normally run Mesa, and Peacemaker give no F about Stasis, or the RIft, or Snow Globe, or pretty much anything else that normally gets in the way of shooting; It just kills everything in the circle. I could agree to changes that make it so Stasis doesn't get into the way of other players as much (like lowering the projectile limit a bit, and have it include hitscan weapons as well.) but "nerf" isn't the right word for that, it's QoL change.

Edited by Foefaller

4 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

That’s what I love about Gara now though. You have to think before you can’t it. 

Banshee’s new fourth is fine. It doesn’t need to be touched. Players adapted to the change, now it’s your turn to adapt. 

Gara... it's not exactly think before you use, you can spam it as much as your energy allows and then it's clean up and/or going off fighting, but not too far obviously, while hoping your wall doesn't shatter... the original system gave a LOT more freedom to fight the enemies while leaving a target protected, this one is a lot more restrictive.

Banshee: But adapting to press 4 constantly isn't exactly 'engaging gameplay' that DE was supposedly giving us...

Edited by LSG501
added clarity for second paragraph

2 minutes ago, GrimMonsoon said:

Pretty good strategy if you’re doing Hierocon, Defection, and numerous other mission types where it’s less important to kill enemies and more important to his stay alive and keep others alive. 

You're absolutely right. Warframe has become too casual and easy for my tastes. May be time to quit.

5 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

Limbo is an amazing frame to use in Mobile Defense, Excavation, rescues and more. 

People are frequently annoyed by not being able to shoot enemies, and instead have to melee kill them. Why is that such a problem? A good player should easily be able to adapt to any situation.

This is a good and valid reason to be annoyed. See it from this perspective: one player has to change its approach completely because another player made a decision. The game doesnt demand any kind od adaptation here, the other player does.

5 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

My advice: learn to adapt to every situation. Work out how you can contribute to the team. 

I hope you are aware that some frames form very bad combinations with certain builds and that adaptation has its limits.

Limbo is bad, metacomplaints are bad, this thread is bad.

And seriously, everyone should be able to adapt to every situation? Mesa players who deliberately remove their melee weapon for that extra health? How are they going to adapt to a situation that suddenly requires them to melee?

Quit the mission, go back to the arsenal, equip a melee weapon and then ask for an invite back? It's not as simple as you make out.

Edited by DeMonkey

17 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

A good Banshee will always be using Sonar anyway. 

Two words - ''Savage Banshee''

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Mesa players who deliberately remove their melee weapon for that extra health?

I still don't get why you would do that, IT'S ONLY 50 POINTS OF EXTRA HEALTH!

In comparison, melee gives you way more.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Two words - ''Savage Banshee''

I still don't get why you would do that, IT'S ONLY 50 POINTS OF EXTRA HEALTH!

In comparison, melee gives you way more.

Shrug. With SS's 95% DR that extra 50 health becomes 1,000 extra health, before armour ofc. Throw in a couple of Arcane Guardian sets and it's a significant amount.

Edited by DeMonkey