Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Nerf this, nerf that...”

GrimmMonsoon.ttv

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Shrug. With SS's 95% DR that extra 50 health becomes 1,000 extra health, before armour ofc. Throw in a couple of Arcane Guardian sets and it's a significant amount.

Well maybe stop rellying on a skill to keep you alive, get gud at evading and use Peacemaker in short bursts instead of turning Warframe into a tower defence game.

You ain't gona need all that damage reduction if you get hit less.

16 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Maybe put a life strike on your Mesa Melee and get back 100s of health with 1 swing?

I shall add:

Maybe get to max standing with Cetus, go to Hok and get this http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Exodia_Might

Maybe use Vazarin and once in a while quickly switch to your Operator to use the healling dash. Hopefully the aimbot from Peacemaker hasn't ruined your aim, so much that you would miss a stationary target.

I don't want Limbo deleted either, but he directly impedes other players enjoyment.

And because of how his banish/void mechanic works to seriously punish those that don't play around it for minimal reward. And now stasis removes 75% of the stuff i brought into the mission.

If I wanted to enjoy a quarter of the content i expected, destiny is still waiting for me on my PS4.

I might be a bit biased because i always run Vauban, and everytime there is a limbo he is 100% unnessecary. (Why'd you put up a Stasis for? There's a Bastille up.) He is useful in rescues though.

His 'class fantasy' is amazing, but in my opinion he is just horribly flawed for a cooperative game.

2 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Two words - ''Savage Banshee''

I still don't get why you would do that, IT'S ONLY 50 POINTS OF EXTRA HEALTH!

In comparison, melee gives you way more.

Because some people like the gunslinger theme and commit to it by not equipping melee. Suddenly limbo comes along and now you can't do anything

All the logical fallacies used in this thread… woaw.

A proper title would have been nice, as you're talking about Limbo mostly.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, TeCoolTenno said:

Because some people like the gunslinger theme and commit to it by not equipping melee. Suddenly limbo comes along and now you can't do anything

Mate...at the very least even gunslingers would still carry around a knife...We have daggers in the game, renember?

22 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

I’m honestly sick of seeing people demand REALLY good, useful and strategically amazing frames be nerfed. 

First, let’s talk about the main Warframe people are calling to be lynched:

Limbo. 

Limbo is an amazing frame to use in Mobile Defense, Excavation, rescues and more. 

People are frequently annoyed by not being able to shoot enemies, and instead have to melee kill them. Why is that such a problem? A good player should easily be able to adapt to any situation. 

Another frequent complaint I see is people still hate Banshee’s RQ. Now, yes, I am being bias here because I was a Banshee main for a long time. I’m not going to deny this. But I freaking love the RQ change, because I can’t be lazy, I can’t just sit by idly and play a game on mY phone while farming focus and leveling people. If players are still getting more kills than you, but can’t just sit afk and do it, that’s something you need to accept. Even with max range and strength, it’s not that strong. You can still do a lot of damage! Heck, maybe ask them to cast Sonar so you can deal even more damage. A good Banshee will always be using Sonar anyway. 

Please, stop punishing people who use Warframes properly because of trolls. It’s incredibly insulting, it’s annoying, and can cause a lot of anger. A perfect example of this was when Gara Came into existence. I put a LOT of work into her (5 Forma) and she got changed HARD (i personally think it ended up being a buff rather than a nerf, especially with the recent change). Everyone works really hard on their loved warframes. Often purchasing Forma, with plat often bought with REAL money. 

I don’t want my favourite frames ending up in the bin because a handful are upset they can’t get kills. 

My advice: learn to adapt to every situation. Work out how you can contribute to the team. 

I'm glad to see, some players exist to comprehend this fact in games or anything for the matter. As a human being, It's important to focus on moving forward as the world does.

I already knew it as a solo player for very long time when I joined Warframe, Adaptive is the key to everything & it's how you use what matters the most which I learnt in really hard way to comprehend as veteran now that I don't even bother reading balance topics since I've become adaptive to the situations which assisted me to grow as an individual Warframe player as I'm today. I always rely on myself rather on anybody, It's my own personal preference to play the game. 

Whenever I see such topics such as a reader, this is what I think in my mind below, 

giphy.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

It's a game, after all as a part of entertainment itself. Nothing last forever apart from memories of it.

giphy.gif

I always welcome the changes in a game, hoping to see grind to be little less if possible in future.

The amusing part is that I will be retired from the game itself by the time it arrives anyways.  :crylaugh:

Relax & enjoy the game, folks. :highfive:

giphy.gif

P.S. Just sharing my own personal experience as a Warframe individual player. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

11 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Well maybe stop rellying on a skill to keep you alive, get gud at evading and use Peacemaker in short bursts instead of turning Warframe into a tower defence game.

You ain't gona need all that damage reduction if you get hit less.

Jeez, could you maybe tone it the hell down? I never said this is what I do, I've simply provided a hypothetical situation in which its beneficial to not have a melee.

Your acting like I personally insulted you with the very idea someone might run without melee.

Edited by DeMonkey

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Jeez, could you maybe ton it the hell down? I never said this is what I do, I've simply provided a hypothetical situation in which its beneficial to not have a melee.

Your acting like I personally insulted you with the very idea someone might run without melee.

How dare you DeMonkey!!  Try to take away my MELEE!  You evil being!      Just kidding.  :smile:  

Now for those who really do want to take away my beloved melee, you will have to face.......

8vWLFBj.jpg

@MagPrime in all her Glory.  hehe

Edited by DatDarkOne

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

How dare you DeMonkey!!  Try to take away my MELEE!  You evil being!      Just kidding.  :smile:  

Now for those who really do want to take away my beloved melee, you will have to face.......

8vWLFBj.jpg

Erm, yeah.  You want to Melee?  Let me Pull up the ways that wont work.

2 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Mate...at the very least even gunslingers would still carry around a knife...We have daggers in the game, renember?

depends on the gunslinger. Some of them just whack you with their gun, some wrestle, some don't let you get close.

Either way a warframe that's not your own shouldn't screw you over for making certain decisions. Or you can go into a sniper only sortie 

1 minute ago, TeCoolTenno said:

depends on the gunslinger. Some of them just whack you with their gun, some wrestle, some don't let you get close.

Either way a warframe that's not your own shouldn't screw you over for making certain decisions. Or you can go into a sniper only sortie 

But, that applies to a large portion of the Warframes.

Frost is the first that comes to mind, because of his bubble, followed by Vauban, Volt, Mag, Hydroid, Nidus and Titania.  There are others, I just can't think of them.

23 hours ago, GrimMonsoon said:

Limbo is an amazing frame to use in Mobile Defense, Excavation, rescues and more. 

People are frequently annoyed by not being able to shoot enemies, and instead have to melee kill them. Why is that such a problem? A good player should easily be able to adapt to any situation.

The thing that annoys me about having a Limbo in the group is that his Stasis completely screws over pretty much every ability my preferred frame uses due to them being projectile based.  That's the only real problem I have with Limbo.  Thankfully his Stasis doesn't stop Operator Void beams/etc.  

Now with that said, a good Limbo player should also be able to adapt to his team as well as them adapting to him.  For example:  If you have an Ivara using Sleep Arrow to allow Harrow to easily get headshots for Team buffs, how is using Stasis helping the Team.  

Just now, MagPrime said:

But, that applies to a large portion of the Warframes.

Frost is the first that comes to mind, because of his bubble, followed by Vauban, Volt, Mag, Hydroid, Nidus and Titania.  There are others, I just can't think of them.

I don't know about most of them, but in Volt and Mag's case they do still hit a target (I'm pretty sure, if you're talking about volt's shield buff and Mag's magnetize changing how bullets function and redirecting them), and Frost should let you shoot through the bubble so standing in it is still powerful (enemies can't shoot into it, and are slowed on entry), instead of outright sabotaging players who choose not too.

It'd be better if they changed Volt and Mag (though not needed), but unlike Limbo they're not made to force players into melee while Stasis I'm pretty sure has either been a some serious lack of foresight or is really made with stopping players from using primaries and secondaries in mind.

Though the difference is that you can probably play around them with ingame choices while Limbo makes it so that no matter what you choose you can't do anything if your arsenal isn't set up right. This is especially problematic if you're mid game, got some forma on your favourite gun, but don't care much for melee and only keep a rank 30, no potato skana around.

For me, when I play Ivara I have a dark dagger specifically for finishers (and nothing else). I can't remember the last time I've been trolled by a limbo but I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to sleep arrow at all.

Also thrown weapons are screwed over as well

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

8vWLFBj.jpg

YA GOT ME.

Time to remove the Mag Deluxe skin and going back to the Alata skin. That picture ****ing convinced me back into the thralls of Fashionframe Hell.

👌🏻 Kudos, good sir.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

On 2/17/2018 at 11:28 PM, GrimMonsoon said:

Oh, god. I remember that one time I ran into a Limbo in sortie. He used Cataclysm Stasis. ON A SHOTGUN ONLY SORTIE.

It hurts my spirit and soul when I see Venomous Eximi approaches.

Edited by Twilight053

On 2/17/2018 at 11:18 AM, (PS4)lagrue said:

Exactly you DON'T speak for everybody - so why should YOU have the power to dictate what weapons I use?  That is the core problem with Limbo.

Yeah you can be revived - but there's also times where nobody can make it to you.  How about mine ospreys - in level 100 sorties they're a 1 hit kill for many frames, and good luck meleeing an osprey in the air, the little buggers move around so erratically it became a waste of time trying to land an in-air hit on them.  I've seen entire sorties groups wiped out trying to revive people on mines.

And even if somebody is there to revive me - in what world is that justifiable that your powers contribute to my death but you think its okay because I can be revived?  That is awful team play at work.

Again, nobody wants a Limbo nerf - just to get rid of the horrible squad synergy (which surprise, would lower the complaining about him by a mile.)

Umh the Osprey wouldn't be moving at all if a Limbo had it under Stasis. So if you die to an Osprey with a Limbo in your squad there are two things I can think of.

First, Option A, he wasn't casting Cataclysm or Stasis because either his teammates complained or he sucked. 

Then there is Option B, Limbo is in your team but you ran out there like Rambo into the mine and got yourself downed.

Also Limbo could use his rift dash to be immune to enemy damage to save you unless a nullifier is around. 

Main issue with limbo for me is like with society. Just because majority decided to act like trolls people will hate every limbo after 1 sec in a game without even seeing what player can do. Personally i don't use stasis almost at all unless it's really necessary and i adapted my playstyle to annoyance lvl 0 and only for sorties for most efficient runs. Most limbo players are either egoistic or don't even know how to play limbo properly and smash brainlessly all the buttons, that is major issue there. 

Nerfing indeed won't solve much. I mean many players will always take certain frame to certain mission types and find a way to do it most lazy or fastest because of farming nature of game and somebody won't like that. And other people will troll because trollz and again we will get annoyed. There was even topic to nerf maiming strike but is a mod to be of blame here? I don't think so.

12 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

Umh the Osprey wouldn't be moving at all if a Limbo had it under Stasis. So if you die to an Osprey with a Limbo in your squad there are two things I can think of.

Firstly, Mines can already be on the ground before stasis is cast and stasis doesn't stop dropped bombs from Ospreys from exploding, either regular or Mutalist, as they are not considered projectiles.  An osprey can still drop mines even when frozen in place.

It's just one of the many examples where Limbo can prove to be an annoyance.  Just like the Toxic Eximi being allowed to stroll right up to you - good luck killing them if you have ANY poison based element on your weapons.

I don't understand why people think it's okay for Limbo to take away 2 out 4 pieces of equipment we have, against our will.  

Why would it be bad to only affect the Limbo himself, and the enemies?  Why do people insist on it being a squad ability, other than the fact they love to argue with people in these threads and purposely ignore the fact that it's completely intrusive.  There's no logical reason in the world to not just make it Limbo and Enemies only.  Wouldn't even be a nerf, just a quality of life change.  You don't get a buff from holding my projectiles, and I don't get a buff from you doing it either - so why would I be okay with that?  You just get to dictate how other people play the game, pretty S#&$ ability really. 

I play level 100 missions without any issues, I have never needed a Limbo to use stasis so bad that I would rather not be able to shoot... you know if I was shooting my guns the enemies wouldn't get anywhere near me, so I'll never need a Limbo's protection.  And since Frost can do defenses better without being intrusive, it goes without saying that stasis is a troll ability when used with squads.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue