Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Every single frame needs a rework, they are all to op!

Ocerkin

every single frame needs to be fixed, we can kill enemies far to quickly for anyone else to have any fun!

so heres my solution, lets remove all powers from all the frames and while we are at it remove the melee weapons that have a range that exceeds the distance it would take for you to shove your tongue down the enemies throat, that way everyone can have fun!

who has fun killing hundreds of enemies in a pve horde style game? no one! thats who! we should have to slog through every last enemy thats where the REAL fun is!

i mean, jeeze, who wants the power fantasy of being able to go back to a place that once gave you trouble and walk through the place like a towering god among men? that would be stupid! actually having a tangible way of seeing yourself getting stronger after spending hundreds upon hundreds to thousands of hours collecting equipment and mods and upgrades? who needs it!

not us! we want everything to be just as hard as when we started, because thats where the REAL fun is, not feeling like youve accomplished anything for all the time effort and money you put into a frame

if you cant figure out this is sarcasm im sorry for you, RIP ember RIP every eventual "op" frame when DE takes the nerf hammer to you because people whine when an mr 20+ person can bullet jump through a level 30-40 mission with ease after spending months and years trying to earn that power...

instead of nerfing frames, maybe have setting options for mission groups like "group with similar ranked players" if people cant handle people having worked to make their frames strong, or make high level missions that give adjusted numbers of materials so its actually worth grinding out higher level missions for the materials we need rather than speed running low level ones

Edited by Ocerkin

14 minutes ago, Ocerkin said:

people whine when an mr 20+ person can bullet jump through a level 30-40 mission with ease after spending months and years trying to earn that power...

This for me has always been the worst part.  At the end of the day too it doesn't matter how hard they nerf frames when you have ridiculous range polearms, whips and even things with crazy blast on them like Ignis - level 30-40 missions will ALWAYS be a joke for experienced and well geared players, it's time they accept that reality and stop letting the lowbies dictate the game's balance. If these players really can't handle high level players "ruining" their experience by saving them tonnes of time and making things easier, then they should be told to go to recruiting and find like-minded individuals.  If they want to play on public, it's time to accept the reality they won't be the top killer or damager of every game.

I never understood it because if I was MR3 I would be more than happy if somebody came in and cleared the mission while I reaped all the rewards.  In a game where people spend 1000s of hours, any time saved is good for me. 

Go ahead and nerf every frame I have, I'll still leave the mission with 99% damage and 500 kills more than everybody else.

They want to fix a problem, but use the most ineffective means possible to do it.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

This for me has always been the worst part.  At the end of the day too it doesn't matter how hard they nerf frames when you have ridiculous range polearms, whips and even things with crazy blast on them like Ignis - level 30-40 missions will ALWAYS be a joke for experienced and well geared players, it's time they accept that reality and stop letting the lowbies dictate the game's balance. If these players really can't handle high level players "ruining" their experience by saving them tonnes of time and making things easier, then they should be told to go to recruiting and find like-minded individuals.  If they want to play on public, it's time to accept the reality they won't be the top killer or damager of every game.

I never understood it because if I was MR3 I would be more than happy if somebody came in and cleared the mission while I reaped all the rewards.

Go ahead and nerf every frame I have, I'll still leave the mission with 99% damage and 500 kills more than everybody else.

They want to fix a problem, but use the most ineffective means possible to do it.  

yep! just the other day i ran an unranked loki prime i was leveling up, by the end of the run i had double the kills of everyone in the group and literally the only weapon i had equipped was a staff and the only powers i used was decoy and invisibility

instead of nerfs figure out why high ranking players are going to the new player areas and make the higher level missions more enticing... but at the same time you are going to remove the active playerbase from those lower level missions

another fix for this is make every skill scaling, instead of set numbers use percentages, this is similar to what ive wanted them to add to frames for a long time, which would be a base damage OR a percent of the enemies health whatever was higher, but if DE wants to ensure every single player has the same power in a mission, make the power take 5% of the health bar, or 10 or 30 or whatever, it has the added bonus of making every frame scale to endgame without becoming worthless where 1000 damage plinks off an enemy with 200k health and so much armor they should be classified as a heavy battle cruiser

DE doesn't listen to the handful of people who whine on the forums.

They pay attention to the MR20 doing 100% of the damage in a low level node while the newer players in the squad have 0 kills. They pay attention to those players not playing the game again.

Feel free to torch those strawmen and pretend old WoF wasn't a serious issue for someone playing their first few hours of Warframe and not seeing a single enemy because you "earned" that power.

17 hours ago, peterc3 said:

They pay attention to the MR20 doing 100% of the damage in a low level node while the newer players in the squad have 0 kills. They pay attention to those players not playing the game again.

Feel free to torch those strawmen and pretend old WoF wasn't a serious issue for someone playing their first few hours of Warframe and not seeing a single enemy because you "earned" that power.

I'll just go in with Ignis and do the same thing.  Is Ignis a serious problem?  It will annihilate anything from level 0-30 but becomes relatively useless after that.  I don't even have to aim it - just push R2 to shoot and walk in a straight line - I'll clear the whole map.

Even Ember now still does it - the changes didn't take that away from her - all they took away was her end-game viability which was hinging on not existing already.  Mostly Firequake builds are the ones hit the hardest - you know people who used her for crowd control, not nuking maps.  Now their crowd control is only 7.5 meters and overall ineffective for warding off enemies - especially since WoF can only hit 8 enemies at once.  

And WoF isn't and wasn't a serious issue at low levels and I'll explain why the changed didn't fix your "issue" with it:

Any Ember player can currently swap damage mods for range mods, and since the double damage mechanic - they'll actually be MORE effective at nuking low level maps than before - nothing has changed on that front, I will swap out my Intensify for Stretch and everything will be essentially the same, except I'll have 70% more damage than previously, within 10 seconds - since I have Primed Flow, guess what, I have 550+ energy to burn through before reaching the end of the mission - these changes do NOTHING to stop nuking of low level missions, NOTHING.   I'm still gonna do it, and people like you are still going to cry it's a problem.  

You either don't understand the changes in the long run, or you're just here to white knight for DE's shortsighted design.  They went out to fix two problems; Nuking low level maps, and End Game viability - and fixed neither.

The serious problem is that people think it's a serious problem that 0-40 are *gasp* easy to do.  Nobody wants skill based matchmaking because it's "unfair to people looking for squads" - but then it's apparently a divine sin that somebody who is MR25 is better than an MR2.  I mean what do you expect... I have 4 years of mods and formad gear at my disposal?

You can change any aspect of the game and I'll still tear apart those low level missions.

The only solution is to make the damage of powers related to the level of enemies, you know proper scaling - but DE doesn't want to sink the time into balancing the near 200 powers in the game for that.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I'll just go in with Ignis and do the same thing.  Is Ignis a serious problem?  It will annihilate anything from level 0-30 but becomes relatively useless after that.  I don't even have to aim it - just push R2 to shoot and walk in a straight line - I'll clear the whole map.

Even Ember now still does it - the changes didn't take that away from her - all they took away was her end-game viability which was hinging on not existing already.  Mostly Firequake builds are the ones hit the hardest - you know people who used her for crowd control, not nuking maps.  Now their crowd control is only 7.5 meters and overall ineffective for warding off enemies - especially since WoF can only hit 8 enemies at once.  

And WoF isn't and wasn't a serious issue at low levels and I'll explain why the changed didn't fix your "issue" with it:

Any Ember player can currently swap damage mods for range mods, and since the double damage mechanic - they'll actually be MORE effective at nuking low level maps than before - nothing has changed on that front, I will swap out my Intensify for Stretch and everything will be essentially the same, except I'll have 70% more damage than previously, within 10 seconds - since I have Primed Flow, guess what, I have 550+ energy to burn through before reaching the end of the mission - these changes do NOTHING to stop nuking of low level missions, NOTHING.   I'm still gonna do it, and people like you are still going to cry it's a problem.  

You either don't understand the changes in the long run, or you're just here to white knight for DE's shortsighted design.  They went out to fix two problems; Nuking low level maps, and End Game viability - and fixed neither.

The serious problem is that people think it's a serious problem that 0-40 are *gasp* easy to do.  Nobody wants skill based matchmaking because it's "unfair to people looking for squads" - but then it's apparently a divine sin that somebody who is MR25 is better than an MR2.  I mean what do you expect... I have 4 years of mods and formad gear at my disposal?

You can change any aspect of the game and I'll still tear apart those low level missions.

The only solution is to make the damage of powers related to the level of enemies, you know proper scaling - but DE doesn't want to sink the time into balancing the near 200 powers in the game for that.  

Do you know what the Ignis does have though? You can see it. You can see it as other players kill enemies. Ember erased things before anyone else was even capable of seeing them.

Maybe take your super 1337 skillz that you so earned and leave lower levels alone? DE can't fix the players or people with attitudes towards other players like yours.

On 17/02/2018 at 8:19 PM, Ocerkin said:

people whine when an mr 20+ person can bullet jump through a level 30-40 mission with ease after spending months and years trying to earn that power...

firstly, anyone can bullet jump. so i dont understantd

how one "earns that power" even though they can bullet jump upon the first seconds of the game.

i believe the problem is mobility, any enemy can be practically ignored (regardless of level) if you bullet jump around fast enough. 

On 17/02/2018 at 8:19 PM, Ocerkin said:

"group with similar ranked players"

i believe the matchmaking system (while not flawlessly) already does this, it will try and avoid matching an MR 0 player with an MR 23 player, though if there are no other squads open then it'll match the first people it comes across

7 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I agree that mission scaling based on a Combination of MR and/or CR (Old Visible Combat Rating that was more important with Stratos events)

Using a combination of group composition (Total or average MR/CAR)to scale the content, would do better not low level nuking. Or at least asking which per mission node like with Nightmare/Alert/Syndicate multi-mission node.

Basically asking us if we want 'Normal level Node' or 'Scaled based on Gear/MR'

Also I feel MR should be an affinity multiplier : even if 1:1% maxed at MR30 would only be 30% more affinity.

•Would promote MR ranking and also help dampen the grind for daily affinity caps by allowing higher MR to acquire affinity (and also convert focus) faster

Combined with being able to have the missions scale with MR/CR and you could have a higher level farming mission.

Example: DE could make the mission scaling the same as Top level of CR in Simulacrum, so MR24 players would have missions with enemies starting at level 150.

Be it Hydron or MoT

7 hours ago, Ocerkin said:

we kill so quickly by end game we can basically bullet jump through the map killing things

i'm sorry to but-in again, but what do you consider to be end game? because if you are referring to ember, she cant go anywhere near end game, even with her nerf/buff. no frame can kill so easily in end game. at best you kill a couple of enemies every 10 seconds. when i say end game i refer to enemies level 120+. not enemies that are killed by AOE abilities as you run past them

7 hours ago, Ocerkin said:

matchmaking doesnt do that at all that i can tell, i see mr 0-20's all the time there is no rhyme or reason to it

okay so assuming i was wrong and the game doesn't find similar matched players, would you rather it find players as fast as it can, or wait even longer in matchmaking screens just for players in a similar rank to you?

you are working under the assumption that there are hundreds of people queuing up for the same mission ( and while that may be true for the more popular levelling missions like hydron and akkad, at best you will be lucky to find a full squad in a random mission, nevermind a squad that has the same rank as you )

what is your problem with being matched with higher ranked players anyway? shouldn't you be happy that a better player is in your squad?

2 minutes ago, Ocerkin said:

i was talking about by "end game" for the ACCOUNT not the one damn frame

you have issues understanding what im talking about here, it seems like you cant put two posts together to understand whats being spoken about...

nah bro, you just don't understand what "endgame" means. let me explain it to you: Endgame is when the gameplay becomes so difficult that most people cant go much further, where it is considered the end of the game since no one should ever be going that far in missions. "end game accounts" and "end game frames" are not a thing. end game is the point where the majority of players struggle to keep playing.

yes a "person can bullet jump through a level 30-40 mission." but you have to consider that a level 30-40 mission is not considered end game. in fact most veterans would consider that a low level mission. if you want i'll take you into a void survival for 6 hours - i'd love to see you "bullet jump through the map killing things" then.

Le 17.2.2018 à 21:33, (PS4)lagrue a dit :

I never understood it because if I was MR3 I would be more than happy if somebody came in and cleared the mission while I reaped all the rewards.  In a game where people spend 1000s of hours, any time saved is good for me. 

the newbie problem could easily be fixed with something like MR brackets, so that for example only MR0 to 5 could matchmaking with each other, MR6-9 and so on. 

Edited by Vanrythzx

10 minutes ago, Vanrythzx said:

the newbie problem could easily be fixed with something like MR brackets, so that for example only MR0 to 5 could matchmaking with each other, MR6-9 and so on. 

does the same thing DE made with weapons put it tiers that would be cool but the game will look more desert that way too

lot of ppl play with friends and stuff making the matchmaking mutch more hard for any one new

On 18/02/2018 at 7:50 PM, (PS4)lagrue said:

" you know proper scaling"  this is a blade of 2 edges my friend u can see stuff like that since the start of warframe 50% says is too easy 50% says its too hard u dont want to make warframe a darksouls and u dont want too make him a my little pony game   thats have been allways the DE Scott  demons in this game
i know scaling in this game sux but is one of the most pikpik points too move u do it wrong they lose 50% of the player base 

On 2/17/2018 at 7:19 PM, peterc3 said:

In the end, this is all that matters. People need to remember that DE is both a business and a game development team. There's no money to be made if players with broken weapons and frames are scaring away all the newcomers and potential sources of income.

Hell, I can barely keep a newbie friend of mine interested in the game, because he's tired of everyone speedrunning levels and completing objectives while he's still getting familiarized with movement, basic parkour, and gunplay.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Suggestions:

-Remove all weapons and make the Spearmint Scythe skin its own weapon and the only available weapon with no damage, also add an augment that heals enemies

-Remove all frames except Loki, remove all the low damage from Lokis disarm and just make Irradiating Disarm have the enemies hug each other

-Rename the game to Peaceframe

Lawl

But really, if DE is going to rework abilities at least they should scale to and be useful in all content in the game.

Banshee-s new and old Resonating Quake have/had barely much use in sorties and is only used for one trick low level focus farming in Hydron, it needs a proper re-rework.

Ember needs a way to remove a % of armor with Fireball.

Le 20.2.2018 à 08:21, VeNoN a dit :

does the same thing DE made with weapons put it tiers that would be cool but the game will look more desert that way too

lot of ppl play with friends and stuff making the matchmaking mutch more hard for any one new

im not a fan of ideas like this either, because i like to play with newbies, i met great friends this way too, so, its like you said.

Le 17/02/2018 à 21:19, Ocerkin a dit :

every single frame needs to be fixed, we can kill enemies far to quickly for anyone else to have any fun!

so heres my solution, lets remove all powers from all the frames and while we are at it remove the melee weapons that have a range that exceeds the distance it would take for you to shove your tongue down the enemies throat, that way everyone can have fun!

who has fun killing hundreds of enemies in a pve horde style game? no one! thats who! we should have to slog through every last enemy thats where the REAL fun is!

i mean, jeeze, who wants the power fantasy of being able to go back to a place that once gave you trouble and walk through the place like a towering god among men? that would be stupid! actually having a tangible way of seeing yourself getting stronger after spending hundreds upon hundreds to thousands of hours collecting equipment and mods and upgrades? who needs it!

not us! we want everything to be just as hard as when we started, because thats where the REAL fun is, not feeling like youve accomplished anything for all the time effort and money you put into a frame

if you cant figure out this is sarcasm im sorry for you, RIP ember RIP every eventual "op" frame when DE takes the nerf hammer to you because people whine when an mr 20+ person can bullet jump through a level 30-40 mission with ease after spending months and years trying to earn that power...

instead of nerfing frames, maybe have setting options for mission groups like "group with similar ranked players" if people cant handle people having worked to make their frames strong, or make high level missions that give adjusted numbers of materials so its actually worth grinding out higher level missions for the materials we need rather than speed running low level ones

What about "farming group" or "exploration group" , one pub group that will clearly using loadout to farm efficiently or one pub group who just want to play the mission. Neither of this group should be more important than the other.

Edited by Soketsu