Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Foundry Tries to Trick You Out of Your Plat!!!

(PSN)Fairfied

As a suggestion, could the colour of the build bar change slightly when the object has completed construction.  

As it stands you guys are kind of ripping people off when they make a silly mistake, we think it has completed a build because it appears as though the build bar is all filled up, we double click, and we end up rushing something.

I'm sure it would save your guys some money to make this change because it would reduce the amount of support tickets that get submitted about this issue.

I once lose 1 plat like this, 1 plat that could have allowed to me to purchase one extra slot (as I have 19 plat)... I made no fuss about it. I went and sold some stuff and got more plat.

Actually I think foundry should let us queue multiple of the same item. Being there watching it fill to claim and craft again is not healthy.

But anyway, just take it easy. If you do not want to rush, then do not be in such a hurry.

Edited by theraot
Typo

3 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Are you dense? It says what % complete the item above that bar. If it doesn't say 100% complete, then why would you expect it to be completed no matter how full the bar may look?

3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

Oh you could just pay attention to what you're clicking. A confirmation window pops up when you click on anything in this game.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

You can read that it says "x plat to waste" BEFORE you click

after you click it, You are again prompted "Are you sure you want to waste your plat"

Learn to pay attention - and take the megathread off - its supposed to reserved for DE, not for players to post how unobservant they are.

3 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Are you dense? It says what % complete the item above that bar. If it doesn't say 100% complete, then why would you expect it to be completed no matter how full the bar may look?

You trying to say you've never made this mistake?  Maybe you guys haven't played the game long enough or maybe you never have plat!?  You have to double click X to claim built stuff (correction, you use to have to) so its an easy habit to fall into, especially as the bar can look 100% full at times.

There is no reason that the rush button needs to be the same as the claim button.  There is no reason the colour of a completed build bar needs to be the same colour as an incomplete one. 

This would be an easy fix, so why not fix it?  The only logical reason is the DE must be trying to make plat off of accidental rushes.  This is not cool.

Try to be a bit more considerate guys.

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

You trying to say you've never made this mistake?  Maybe you guys haven't played the game long enough or maybe you never have plat!?  You have to double click X to claim built stuf so its an easy habit to fall into, especially as the bar can look 100% full at times.

There is no reason that the rush button needs to be the same as the claim button.  There is no reason the colour of a completed build bar needs to be the same colour as an incomplete one. 

This would be an easy fix, so why not fix it?  The only logical reason is the DE must be trying to make plat off of accidental rushes.  This is not cool.

Try to be a bit more considerate guys.

System is working fine. Just pay more attention next time bud.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

why not make the change, very simple to do, wouldn't take long.  Whats your reason not to?

Not my call to make. Even if it was though, seems like a waste of time. There are already enough things to detail to you that you are rushing the item vs claiming it. If this change was added, people would still screw up and still blame something else.

2 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Not my call to make. Even if it was though, seems like a waste of time. There are already enough things to detail to you that you are rushing the item vs claiming it. If this change was added, people would still screw up and still blame something else.

As someone who has done a bit of programming, this would take probably 5min to change, and it would make accidents far less common

OK, now look:
Forma has just started building
Starr Crimzian is almost done but clearly not. Even if the bar was full it would still say X:XX time remaining and XX% complete, with an enormous red cancel build button
Gorgon Wraith says 100% COMPLETE, READY TO CLAIM.
Now tell me, is it DE's fault you're too irresponsible to pay attention to information glaring in your face, or is it your own?
If DE happens to make $$ off of the stupidity of players like you, it's not by their design, it's by your  ignorance.
I'm done wasting posts trying to explain this to you. Got a 2:1 ration to maintain.

ecdbaa4838.jpg

Edited by -QUILL_PETER-

34 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

OK, now look:
Forma has just started building
Starr Crimzian is almost done but clearly not. Even if the bar was full it would still say X:XX time remaining and XX% complete, with an enormous red cancel build button
Gorgon Wraith says 100% COMPLETE, READY TO CLAIM.
Now tell me, is it DE's fault you're too irresponsible to pay attention to information glaring in your face, or is it your own?
If DE happens to make $$ off of the stupidity of players like you, it's not by their design, it's by your  ignorance.
I'm done wasting posts trying to explain this to you. Got a 2:1 ration to maintain.

ecdbaa4838.jpg

You seem to be a pretty angry little dude there little buddy!  Just because something isn't exactly broken doesn't mean that it can't be improved, case in point, the recent font improvements.  That was something that literally no-one was asking for.  What I have pointed out is an actual problem that does catch a lot of people out.

Now next time you think of calling people stupid, how bout ya just go flip off ya noob

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)SubZer0Gravity2 said:

Didn't you make the "Warframe has loot boxes" thread?

Who hurt you?

Yes I did, I think that those are a problem as well, there something wrong with that?  I made that title click baity to try get some activity on it.  Notice majority of posts on that one are in support?  What about you, you want loot boxes in Warframe?

While I do agree that people make this mistake sometimes, I do not agree that a significant portion of the playerbase falls for it. Well, I don't have any concrete numbers so I might be wrong.

However, the reason I say this is because, like the others who commented before myself, I feel that there is more than sufficient visual feedback indicative of whether an item is already completed and ready to claim, or still under construction. The additional pop-up asking for confirmation to rush an item for X plat adds another layer of prevention, and is pretty hard to miss if you were actually conscious of what you were clicking seeing as there is no popup to confuse with when you're claiming a completed item.

So, calling your thread "The foundry tries to trick you out of your plat" is actually completely unjustified and unfair to DE.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SubZer0Gravity2 said:

Hey, I haven't really said anything at all, this was my first post. However, I do agree with everyone else that this was a clumsy mistake of yours, and does not need to be changed as there are already multiple way to tell whether or not an item is done building.

Yes but why does the rush button have to be the same as the claim button?  Why can't the colour change slightly when the build is complete?  These suggestions are very very easy to implement.  Why all the resistance?!

We all have to admit that the current system does lend itself to occasional errors, for proof, it happened to me this morning, and it wasn't the first time.  It happens to lots of people.  It was worse in the old days or for those like me who still have the old system programmed into them. 

You use to have to press X to claim it, then a pop up box would appear that said the thing has been added to your inventory, you had to press X again to clear that pop up box.  Thats why I have developed the terrible habit of rapidly double pressing X when claiming stuff from the foundry.  Things like that happen after 6500 hours of gameplay.

Before anyone thinks to argue against this change, ask yourself why not?  It would only take minutes to implement, inconsequential really.

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied

Il y a 15 heures, (PS4)Fairfied a dit :

Why all the resistance?!

Title, Argument, Phrasing.

Title is, as you admitted, worded specifically to tick off people.
It's misleading of whatever intention it is that you have.

You're not simply suggesting a QoL change, you're blaming your mistake upon the dev.
Not only that, in another argument you've technically thrown conspiracy theories about how DE are actively trying to rip off the community because of something that's easily avoidable by just paying attention.

You've worded the whole thing as if your experience with the foundry was the same as everyone else, technically putting words into everyone's mouth on this very thread from the very first opening line.

We all have to admit that the current system does lend itself to occasional errors, for proof, it happened to me this morning, and it wasn't the first time.  It happens to lots of people.  It was worse in the old days or for those like me who still have the old system programmed into them.

You use to have to press X to claim it, then a pop up box would appear that said the thing has been added to your inventory, you had to press X again to clear that pop up box.  Thats why I have developed the terrible habit of rapidly double pressing X when claiming stuff from the foundry.  Things like that happen after 6500 hours of gameplay.

The system is not like the old days, so whether or not your muscle memory is still remembering to double press the confirmation button or not is not an argument that can be further pushed down the road.
This is your habit, and it's your issue to fix.

Side note : Try not to use "We" and "Just admit" in a near future, give your personal opinion and let other people have their own opinion.
You'll face less useless opposition from people who hate having words put in their mouth and there will be more talk about the actual subject.

Before anyone thinks to argue against this change, ask yourself why not?  It would only take minutes to implement, inconsequential really.

-Because of the argument you gave,
You haven't actually given a reason that really has an impact on this whole ordeal other than "I make mistakes because I don't pay attention"

-Because it's not inconsequential and doesn't take a minute,
Hotfix don't happen at the snap of a finger. There's compilation and verification to be made before they are good to be launched.
Changing one thing might affect another one by accident.
Sure it's their job and it can be done, but you make it seem like it's a thing that can be done between two sips of coffee when it's not.

-Because it's a non-issue.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

I have actually suggested a change much like this. The console version of the game is, in my opinion, fairly easy to rush an item especially when the UI is not very streamlined. For example, once you claim an item the cursor (we'll call it this) immediately goes to the top of the build order and not remain in the same spot. Meaning you must actively move the cursor back into position on console. I have had items rushed before because my vision isn't necessarily the best. Did I outright blame DE for this mistake? No, I did not but people had acted like I had blamed them for this despite me outright owning that it was me that had made the mistake. The foundry has certain colours that are difficult for me to see. I suggested QoL changes to enable DE to better sight the menus for colour blind persons, which I don't think is that difficult nor unreasonable request. Also keep in mind, that complying with certain institutions (such as those designed to assist the disabled) also offer governmental kickbacks in the form of tax breaks and cuts. I have suggested all of this and I was still treated poorly. I can't fix my vision, but I wish I could. All in all, the foundry system still has some hiccups on the console and even network connectivity issues or even dropping your controller can rush items inadvertantly. Further more I even suggested the option to turn off the Rush option entirely in the options menu, much like they enabled the 'Legacy' palettes options for those that wished to use them. I don't necessarily think that my suggestions are openly hostile or entirely unreasonable. I have offered several different options and reasons for doing such changes if any. If there is an apt refusal to disable the Rush system then I could see myself growing rather irrate, but alas I have not heard anything from DE suggesting such so I am still waiting on a response.