Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Aim Assist/Forgiveness

MJ12

Could we get an option that allows abilities which requires a target to cast (rather than being free-cast)-e.g. Oberon's Smite, Nekros's Soul Punch, Saryn's Spore, Ash's Bladestorm-to target enemies who are not directly under the aim reticle? Instead, they should target in a wider cone, hitting the enemy closest to the reticle. If you have your reticle on a specific enemy, there is no penalty, as you'll hit who you were aiming at anyways, and if you have it slightly off, you'll still get the attack off instead of hearing the annoying sound you get when you can't active an ability.

This would make using these abilities much more user-friendly and enhance gameplay.

Bladestorm wants to target specific enemies, though. Same with Smite. It wastes energy to target things that don't need as many marks or enemies that make Smite spawn more powerful orbs.

How would you accommodate both your suggestion and those who want more specific targeting?

44 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Bladestorm wants to target specific enemies, though. Same with Smite. It wastes energy to target things that don't need as many marks or enemies that make Smite spawn more powerful orbs.

How would you accommodate both your suggestion and those who want more specific targeting?

Blade storm refunds marks if it kills enemies before they are used up, if i wanted single target dmg i would take teleport+covert lethality

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

What about enemies that are essentially immune to BS?

Kill those targets with either my weapons or tele+CL

In any case, I'd rather lose energy in those situations than stay with the clunky targeting mechanic we have right now.

Having to mouse over multiple times for each mark for each enemy has no place in a fast paced game like WF

Give it something like Mesa peacemaker reticle targeting with enemies getting the full 3 marks right away. 

Energy isn't an issue if the target dies b4 the marks are used up, you get refunded anyways.

Edited by Dragazer

6 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Kill those targets with either my weapons or tele+CL

In any case, I'd rather lose energy in those situations than stay with the clunky targeting mechanic we have right now.

Having to mouse over multiple times for each mark for each enemy has no place in a fast paced game like WF

Give it something like Mesa peacemaker reticle targeting with enemies getting the full 3 marks right away. 

Energy isn't an issue if the target dies b4 the marks are used up, you get refunded anyways.

BS is one of many abilities, this isn't an Ash rework thread.

There are enemies which you generally don't want to use abilities on. How does OP's proposed change address this? I, personally, don't want an ability to fire if I'm pointed near something I may or may not want to target.

12 hours ago, peterc3 said:

BS is one of many abilities, this isn't an Ash rework thread.

There are enemies which you generally don't want to use abilities on. How does OP's proposed change address this? I, personally, don't want an ability to fire if I'm pointed near something I may or may not want to target.

Yeah I agree with you there, just that BS is actually an ability that can massively benefit from this.

1 hour ago, CapnToaster said:

How about Bladestorm marks enemies in a cone, similar to Mesa's Peacemaker? The cone's initial radius could be based on range in the same way.

Yes and let it be able to apply all 3 marks right away, instead of having to wave your mouse around multiple times to get the full 3 marks.

On 2/17/2018 at 1:22 PM, peterc3 said:

Like I said in the OP-it should be a toggleable option which a player can choose to turn on or off, like melee aim assist (call it "ability aim assist" or something). If you feel like the precise targeting is worth occasionally having to mash the button and hear the 'power cannot be cast' noise a bunch of times, you can turn it off.

If you don't want to do that, you can keep it on, and you might cast on the wrong target more often but you'll hear that noise a lot less.