Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions: Kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit ground while aim gliding

Ham_Grenabe

Question

So I have this fabulous riven challenge (melee riven): 

Kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit the ground, while aim gliding. 

This has proven to be Not Trivial. They must be shot down out of their dargyn; suspending them in midair with (for example) Rhino stomp or Bastille do not count. I’ve also tried Fatal Teleporting to the falling pilot, but it’s an invalid target. 

I’ve also tried to do it the honest way, but those suckers fall FAST.  If that’s the only way to do it, so be it, but I’d love to find something that would help smooth the process  

Any thoughts / ideas on things to try?

I had a similar challenge like that but sliding, i used Nova Prime and Tigris Prime. Nova Prime slows down the ship with Molecular Prime if you bullet jump to it and the Tigris Prime would kill the pilot in his own ship.

Edited by VPrime96

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

Build up Equinox 4, shoot the dargyn and nuke the pilot while gliding.

Which probably won't work on a controller unless you change the button mapping to have the fourth power be a D-pad.  At least I've heard you can do the re-mapping trick.  Otherwise, it simply doesn't work since the use of the ability pulls us out of aim glide.

I helped a friend complete this by shooting the dargyn for them when they were roughly under it with an ember. Aim glide -> WoF did the killing. I think this is one of the more difficult riven challenges.

Gave up trying to use abilities with the controller - they kept taking me out of aimglide.

Ended up using Equinox in night form, put dargyn to sleep to trivialize shooting it while aimgliding.  Shot with lenz.

Took 6 dargyns to get three kills as every other time the pilot would fall out of the bubble before getting killed but it eventually worked.

This quest just blows all around.  

I shot 2 down who blew up with their aircraft "soma prime lots of bullets".  Credit - 0

I shot 1 in the head when he buzzed by me flying, pilot fell out dead of his unharmed dargyn.  Credit - 0

Oberon's Smite is surprisingly helpful- get two or three quick smites to kill the dargyn, the the homing bolts will kill the pilot.

Other than that, I like a high-power sniper that can 1-shot a dargyn (I use my Vectis). Bullet jump straight up, one shot kills the dargyn, second kills the pilot. If you're well zoomed in, you can get the pilot JUST after the dargyn dies.

It's one thing to demand that players do something challenging that's remotely doable, but when you need specific frames or abilities as an easier method just to unlock the mod- you've lost me. 

Kill a thing with a bow a few times. Sure. Find caches. Etc

Who ever came up with this idea for a challenge should be talked to at DE. This isn't acceptable to me. A challenge should be capable no matter the frame. It should be doable.

This isn't doable. This is a trash challenge and has ruined the second riven I have earned.

I even killed one mid air, but because I used a vehicle to do it, it didn't register. So the only one I was able to pull off still left it at 0/6

I helped a friend doing this. Since Dargyn Pilots fall is bugged when falling off a destroyed Dargyn making them unnafected to many skills, we made Dargyn Pilots fall without destroying Dargyn ships.

Using max range loki and Rhino, when we found pilots on the ground i marked them and used operator mode (archwing works too) to get really high and change places with the pilot, then when the pilot was falling, my friend using rhino used stomp to make them stay on air allowing him to easily kill them as stationary targets. Credits to my friend @CeltoreRosenkreuz for the idea.

I used Limbo, 1 shot of lex prime to the front of the ship on its way to you so you don't kill the pilot early, spam Banish which will kill as long as your looking in the general direction of the pilot. You cannot use stasis to freeze the ship in place before hand, you will not get credit, I tried many ways.

On 2018-02-18 at 11:50 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

I’ve tried Nova; it doesn’t really add any benefit as far as slowing them (it doesn’t slow falling enemies). Limbo is next on the docket. 

As for “just aim,” believe me, I’m trying. 

Nova - slow

Glide

Ignis Wraith - shoot and kill dargyn, keep shooting and kill pilot.

Really is that simple. I have done these riven challenges multiple times.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

I did manage to do it with Limbo. Not sure if they changed the way Stasis in the rift works but it was freezing the Dargyns and then after killing the Dargyn I was able to snipe the pilot. Knocked it out twice (One for melee and one for pistol) in about 10-15 minutes on free-roam plains.