Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunblades need some love

Sigma-118

We only got two gunblades in the game, both of which have only 5% crit chance, 1.5x crit dmg and 10% status chance. I say its a good time for a nice little buff to em.

Maybe something like a status buff to the sarpa and a crit buff to the redeemer. Sarpa would only really need a small buff id say, perhaps having 15-20% status chance would be all it needs.

Redeemer might need some high crit chance and multiplier, maybe 25% crit chance and 2.5x crit dmg would do the trick.

Indeed. I recently bought a god riven for redeemer. And it is essentially outclassed by newer weapons.

Gunblades were great until bloodrush was introduces. They lack combo mechanics and thus suck.

And with alarming noise level, they are useless for stealth aswell.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:42 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Gun blades need a buff so that rivens arent required to make them generally viable. Otherwise, redeemer can one shot vay hek, no riven needed... But suffers with mobs. I want it to be good in both attk styles.

What the hell are you on about? Sarpa doesn't need a riven to be generally viable at all, and neither should the Redeemer.

Sigh, if they get this "once over" you so deserve, my bets on that it will be a totally different weapon that you will be equally salty about.

Also how is the redeemer bad at mobbing? It has a huge punchthrough that I don't even know the exact value of. I have used the redeemer for quite a long time. This thing is not so much a melee weapon as it is a gun. 

Yes the Redeemer is outclassed by the Atterax, the only weapon that people use because they cant do anything without meme-ing strike. The redeemer here can at least kill a nox. 

Also if gunblades were changed, perhaps people will like it, but then you would ruin this thing's Riven disposition. I do NOT want that

Glory to the Redeemer! (and Sarpa!)

But I might agree with the poster's idea of Sarpa status-ing more. I like the Sarpa.

Personally for gunblades I just wish there was a quick-fire option, like maybe whilst wielding them hitting the Quick Melee key will do a quick shot that doesn't hurt as much as a fully charged shot, but is more useful for taking out groups of enemies. 

Or hell maybe give them a complete overhaul and make it so that its both a Gun and a Melee weapon, with two "modes" swapping between gunplay and melee play along with mods that go with the differences. (For balancing reasons maybe they could use Secondary Mods.)

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Personally for gunblades I just wish there was a quick-fire option, like maybe whilst wielding them hitting the Quick Melee key will do a quick shot that doesn't hurt as much as a fully charged shot, but is more useful for taking out groups of enemies. 

Or hell maybe give them a complete overhaul and make it so that its both a Gun and a Melee weapon, with two "modes" swapping between gunplay and melee play along with mods that go with the differences. (For balancing reasons maybe they could use Secondary Mods.)

That's basically what the first shot of the Bullet Dance stance does whenever your Gunblade is readied. It's a quick shot that doesn't interrupt movement at all.

1 minute ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

That's basically what the first shot of the Bullet Dance stance does whenever your Gunblade is readied. It's a quick shot that doesn't interrupt movement at all.

Yeah I knew about the Bullet Dance thing, I just wish that it was like that normally.

Same with Glaives not needing you to swipe at the air first before going into the actual throw via charged attack, which is fairly annoying unless you're playing Secondary + Glaive.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Yeah I knew about the Bullet Dance thing, I just wish that it was like that normally.

Same with Glaives not needing you to swipe at the air first before going into the actual throw via charged attack, which is fairly annoying unless you're playing Secondary + Glaive.

Honestly? I'd just kill for Gunblade+Gun dual wielding.

3 hours ago, Sasquatch180 said:

That actually used to be the case, but DE went and deliberately forced them to have a pre-throw swing several months after melee 2.0 came out. Same for the redeemer, actually.

6 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

That actually used to be the case, but DE went and deliberately forced them to have a pre-throw swing several months after melee 2.0 came out. Same for the redeemer, actually.

From my understanding that type of thing wasn't a deliberate attack against glaives, but against Charge Attacks in general since before then most people tended to use / spam charge attacks with certain weapons since it dealt so much more damage compared to regular attacks.

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch180 said:

From my understanding that type of thing wasn't a deliberate attack against glaives, but against Charge Attacks in general since before then most people tended to use / spam charge attacks with certain weapons since it dealt so much more damage compared to regular attacks.

No, there weren't any charge attacks at all back then. The only things which retained that ability were glaives (and the redeemer, but I forget when that was released). At first, you could either tap to quick swing, or hold the attack button and you'd go straight into the windup for the throw/shot, no pre-swing required. Charge attacks got added back to the game a while later on which a) required you to be in melee mode and b) forced the weapon to swing first before starting the charge. Glaives and gunblades kept their ability to charge their throw or shot in quick melee mode, and they didn't have this stupid pre-swing in that state. They persisted as such for a few months before they got forced to have the pre-swing as well for no obvious reason.