Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DreisterDino

Volt's Ultimate bugged since Shrine of the Eidolon Update?

Hey Guys and Devs,

i experienced a bug (hopefully its not intended) that makes Volt kinda unplayable for me because it ruins the fun.

So, i first noticed it in the plains that when i am in the air casting his Ultimate, not one single enemy will be affected in any way by it.

I then went into a normal mission and tried it out again, so i stood directly in front of an enemy, jumped up and casted (2 meters away from him at max, and he wasnt affected aswell.

Then i played around a little more and casted it only when i was standing on the ground, but even then enemies which are slightly higher on a staircase or hill or something wont get affected by his 4. At least for me, this is kinda gamebreaking for volt because, what is the damage increase good for if i dont hit enemies anymore? Also it ruins my playstyle with him. I was playing him very agressive, jumping here and there into the action, casting it, killing the enemies then and so on. And from what i can tell due to the other warframe changes, thats the playstyle you want to see, an active playstyle^^ But like now its not capable of doing that anymore, its not even useful as a panic defensive manouver because you cant be sure the enemies shooting at you will get staggered, so you better just run off if you are low on health instead of trying to stagger them.

So my questions:

- did any of you have the same issues?

- is this the way it should be now? (then i wont really play volt anymore, which would be really sad because i started to like him a lot?

- may it possible that in any way its my moddings fault? (which i do not believe tbh because i go for a lot of range on him)

Greetz

PS: Ofc im not stupid, the enemies were not standing in nullifier bubbles or so ;)

It worked like this even before the update, after the first rework they removed it's vertical range but since you were locked to the ground the issue was a rare sight.

But now that the thing is unlocked you can aircast but be useless(as a Volt can be).

There are a couple other vertically challenged abilities as well - and the Hills of Eidolon really make them obvious.  With this style map in game now, and more coming, all abilities should be more radial.  Things like Garas wall should follow the contour of the ground on the Plains.  There were several other CC types that don't work that I noticed when PoE was introduced, but I can't remember off the top of my head since I've just taken to running the same 2 or 3 frames on PoE.that don't suffer from this.

Am 19.2.2018 um 00:02 schrieb giovanniluca:

It worked like this even before the update, after the first rework they removed it's vertical range but since you were locked to the ground the issue was a rare sight.

But now that the thing is unlocked you can aircast but be useless(as a Volt can be).

Hm, but for some reason before the update i had no problems at all with this.

Just as an example, i like to play the Uranus Interception Mission for opening relics a lot, and VOlt was my go-to Frame for that.

The flags are on ground level except one, and what ive used to do was to jump in from the upper level and cast my 4 when i saw a flag was going to be captured.

It always stunned all the enemies in my range with no problems at all no matter at which height i have cast it and i could trust on it.

But now it seems bugged, sometimes no one gets stunned, sometimes one enemy gets stunned while another one standing right next to him wont.

I really dont understand that...

3 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Hm, but for some reason before the update i had no problems at all with this.

Just as an example, i like to play the Uranus Interception Mission for opening relics a lot, and VOlt was my go-to Frame for that.

The flags are on ground level except one, and what ive used to do was to jump in from the upper level and cast my 4 when i saw a flag was going to be captured.

It always stunned all the enemies in my range with no problems at all no matter at which height i have cast it and i could trust on it.

But now it seems bugged, sometimes no one gets stunned, sometimes one enemy gets stunned while another one standing right next to him wont.

I really dont understand that...

You just have to understand that Volt's 4 is a bad skill.

Ok, understood :P

Edit: Just to make an update here:

It seems it has been fixed for me and his 4 works like it did before (although i didnt find anything in he patchnotes regarding this issue)