horror show DE please address eidolon hunt bug quickly or else people will stop playing it

I killed over 15 Eidolons today alone and experienced the bug every single time. Three times I was able to fix it by jumping in the water, twice I was able to fix it by dying and reviving. Every other time nothing would fix the bug. It's even worse for me because I play Trinity and the entire group depends on me to keep them and the lures healed up. It's incredibly frustrating that such a massive bug has not been fixed yet. 

4 hours ago, Midrib said:

Oh the horror! A BUG?! IN THIS GAME?!

Another unhelpful post from the Internet. God I hate the internet community sometimes.

I've had this happen several times to me and even to the point where my Warframe and/or Operator can scroll through abilities with mouse wheel but cannot press enter to use them or pressing the hotkeys. It's annoying. It wastes more time that I could use, farming more Eidolons and getting more Amps.

I haven't actually tried going into the water and/or dying to fix the bug when it's happened. I will try them, though. Although I do see in this thread that sometimes, even those solutions don't work.

This is frustrating, DE. You remove raids and give us a broken mess. If you plan to remove content from the game that has barely any relevance that works properly, at least give us engaging and fun content that works properly and is fixed posthaste.

Look, I'm not mad, just disappointed. Please fix this, DE. I love this game otherwise. Just... fix this "barrier to fun" please.

35 minutes ago, AgentVamp said:

Another unhelpful post from the Internet. God I hate the internet community sometimes.

I've had this happen several times to me and even to the point where my Warframe and/or Operator can scroll through abilities with mouse wheel but cannot press enter to use them or pressing the hotkeys. It's annoying. It wastes more time that I could use, farming more Eidolons and getting more Amps.

I haven't actually tried going into the water and/or dying to fix the bug when it's happened. I will try them, though. Although I do see in this thread that sometimes, even those solutions don't work.

This is frustrating, DE. You remove raids and give us a broken mess. If you plan to remove content from the game that has barely any relevance that works properly, at least give us engaging and fun content that works properly and is fixed posthaste.

Look, I'm not mad, just disappointed. Please fix this, DE. I love this game otherwise. Just... fix this "barrier to fun" please.

there's nothing to help, 

The OP reported in the bugs section which is what hes supposed to do, DE will get to it when they do and hopefully the bug gets fixed next Hotfix/update. everything he has done from there is just overreacting and trying to fear monger DE into fixing it faster.

Bugs happen, get over it. I don't like it, but i don't act like a child and throw tantrums over every bug that comes my way, like i said the bug is definitely annoying but that doesn't excuse flat out bad behaviour.

On 20/02/2018 at 1:49 AM, Midrib said:

there's nothing to help, 

The OP reported in the bugs section which is what hes supposed to do, DE will get to it when they do and hopefully the bug gets fixed next Hotfix/update. everything he has done from there is just overreacting and trying to fear monger DE into fixing it faster.

Bugs happen, get over it. I don't like it, but i don't act like a child and throw tantrums over every bug that comes my way, like i said the bug is definitely annoying but that doesn't excuse flat out bad behaviour.

By me contributing to the topic with relevant information, I am helping DE fix it faster so they have as much information as possible from us to fix it quicker so it doesn't take as long so we don't complain about it. Win/Win for both sides.

If you can't see that, you're dense.

Using a "get over it" on someone else because some guy makes a trololol post that has nothing to do with the topic, that makes you ignorant and will end up getting you banned because you can't follow the rules due to your A.D.D.

You honestly think it's childish to not respect DE and follow the rules on their forum? You need to grow up. Calling everyone else a kid, more than likely points to you being the child.

Flat out bad behavior also includes not staying on topic so stay on topic.

But also, to the OP, it's probably best for you to put this in bug reporting next time as they are more likely to check there.

**ON TOPIC**

Looks like even jumping in the water sometimes helps. It worked for me twice before, trying it out, but then trying a third time when I was bugged, I had to completely exit the Plains of Eidolon to get functionality back. Later on, it got so bad that I had to flat out restart. It's kind of annoying since the Eidolons are time-based and we are killing precious time just to fix the bug.

One thing I also got to kind of put together, I was switching to my Operator just before hitting the water, that caused me to not being able to go back to Cetus. The door would open up to that "abyss" and I'd have to fall through it then wait until it reloaded me back at the very start of Cetus again.

Another time I switched to my Operator just before hitting the water, that caused the bugging out UI "thing". Maybe that's the initial cause.

I hope that's enough info for you to get to the bottom of the bug somehow, considering how game-breaking it is.

Not sure why but ive been experiencing the full pack of eidolon bugs lately:

-random teleports 

-kill instead of capture with charged lures

-ability lock 

-random instadeaths 

And my favourite, shrine not activating for multiple times in a row

Thanks Obama

Edited by JohnKable
46 minutes ago, AgentVamp said:

By me contributing to the topic with relevant information, I am helping DE fix it faster so they have as much information as possible from us to fix it quicker so it doesn't take as long so we don't complain about it. Win/Win for both sides.

If you can't see that, you're dense.

Using a "get over it" on someone else because some guy makes a trololol post that has nothing to do with the topic, that makes you ignorant and will end up getting you banned because you can't follow the rules due to your A.D.D.

You honestly think it's childish to not respect DE and follow the rules on their forum? You need to grow up. Calling everyone else a kid, more than likely points to you being the child.

Flat out bad behavior also includes not staying on topic so stay on topic.

You want to help DE fix it faster, you report it in the bugs section not here, DE doesn't look at the general discussion forum when they want to fix bugs, they look at the bugs section, thats why its there.

OP didn't overreact because of my or anyone's post, he decided to do that on his own, so lets not make it about that, and since you started this argument, you are actively contributing to not staying on topic, something that you are invested in.

and yes in this situation you report the bug and wait like everyone else is till DE get to fixing it. because making a thread attempting to fear monger DE into fixing it because "people will stop playing" is neither respectful to DE or in any way helps them fix it. and i didn't call anyone a kid, i said its a childish behaviour, that's not exclusive to kids.

Also You are quite hostile and throw around a lot of insults for someone who is worried about people getting banned on the forums.

Edited by Midrib
On 2/18/2018 at 11:22 AM, jd2fs said:

tried jumping in and doesn't fix it. Death is only way to regain abilities. This is a game breaking bug. It is hardly chill time. The only worse would be crash.

One time it suddenly fixed for me.

I got bugged during the Guantalyst fight and for some reason the stomp from the Hydrolyst fixed me. (It took multiple stomps though)

1 hour ago, AgentVamp said:

But also, to the OP, it's probably best for you to put this in bug reporting next time as they are more likely to check there

I've already said I've posted in the bug section. However, posting on bugs section is going to get buried alongside other more trivial bugs. There are some bugs that DE need to drop everything else and focus on. If DE wants eidolon hunt to be successful, they better fix this soon.

if jumping into the water or sacrificing 1 of 4 revives fixes a bug.....I can only imagine if it was a really really bad bug :crylaugh:. Its happened to me before but I shrugged it off, ya know like shrugging your shoulders and moving on, that thing we can do with our shoulders doing that shoulder thing when something un-shoulderyy happens....

On 21/02/2018 at 11:45 PM, Midrib said:

You want to help DE fix it faster, you report it in the bugs section not here, DE doesn't look at the general discussion forum when they want to fix bugs, they look at the bugs section, thats why its there.

OP didn't overreact because of my or anyone's post, he decided to do that on his own, so lets not make it about that, and since you started this argument, you are actively contributing to not staying on topic, something that you are invested in.

and yes in this situation you report the bug and wait like everyone else is till DE get to fixing it. because making a thread attempting to fear monger DE into fixing it because "people will stop playing" is neither respectful to DE or in any way helps them fix it. and i didn't call anyone a kid, i said its a childish behaviour, that's not exclusive to kids.

Also You are quite hostile and throw around a lot of insults for someone who is worried about people getting banned on the forums.

Ok sure, whatever you say pal. :facepalm:

On Topic

It seems that this bug can also happen sometimes with the Ghouls present too... unless ghouls steal weapons because my amp was snatched during a plains run.

I didn't know it also applied to amps :shocked:

I know it doesn't exclusively have to do with the Ghouls coming out since it's been there for longer, but hey, that's what happened today.

Edited by AgentVamp
  • 1 month later...

This is why I refuse to eidolon hunt anymore. Just a waste of time with this happening several times every run with only death being the only escape just to get the skill locking bugs moments after respawning over and OVER.

Edited by wizardeiges
1 minute ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

It's not a bug.

2 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

It happens when the host is from Australia or (insert other end of the world places here) or is online with mc donalds wi-fi^^

Uh-huh. I could've provided lots (like, LOTS) of peer-to-peer games without such problems even when players are geographically far away from each other but instead I'd just say that this problem can occur when you are the host or even when you are alone. What about your explanation now?

Gerade eben schrieb ngrazer:

Uh-huh. I could've provided lots (like, LOTS) of peer-to-peer games without such problems even when players are geographically far away from each other but instead I'd just say that this problem can occur when you are the host or even when you are alone. What about your explanation now?

You mean like chess? Yeah chess works fine because it's turn based and does not require a good connection to the host. Other, faster games, not so much.

On 18.2.2018 at 5:18 PM, -Temp0- said:

Do I need to keep going? I wonder how long it will take to shut down Eidolons just like raids.

Already happening from public point of view. Tight knit groups didn't keep trials alive, prolly wont keep Eidolons either.

On 18.2.2018 at 5:53 PM, Shichibukai88 said:

"or else ppl will stop playing it". No they wont, stop using clickbaity titles.

Casual players are already steering away from them aka majority of player base. Almost exact thing that happened to trials, small active group wont keep em alive.

Then there is the elitist attitude. I have hard time finding group because I have 5 caps. Doesn't seem matter that I have rivened Lanka, all focus schools maxed, arcaned amp and operator and every relevant frame for it.

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

You mean like chess?

Yes, hide-and-seek as well :facepalm:

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Other, faster games, not so much.

You have no idea what you are talking about do you? Should you and the other player have non-potato PC and stable Internet connection, AND should the game have proper netcode, even if you are on the other sides of the planet, the worst thing that can happen to you is lag. Functionality loss (complete one, like abilities block in this topic) has nothing to do with slow internet. Oh and how comfy of you were to ignore the latter part of my message where I stated that this bug has nothing to do with peer-to-peer (or any) connection at all.

On 18.2.2018 at 5:18 PM, -Temp0- said:

Do I need to keep going? I wonder how long it will take to shut down Eidolons just like raids.

Already happening from public point of view. Tight knit groups didn't keep trials alive, prolly wont keep Eidolons either.

On 18.2.2018 at 5:53 PM, Shichibukai88 said:

"or else ppl will stop playing it". No they wont, stop using clickbaity titles.

Casual players are already steering away from them. Almost exact thing that happened to trials, small active group wont keep em alive.

Edit: Also what the hell, I had my old comment bookmarked but it's now disappeared/deleted.

Edit2: Link to my old comment, priceless: 

Edited by Patzer