Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T1 or T3 Amp for Virtuos Strike?

Raskol

Question

So im trying different setups for Eidolon hunts and now im in the middle of building Virtuos Strike set.

So my question is which amp would be better T 1-3-3 or 3-3-3 for that arcane?

T1: 1000 dmg, 42% crit chance and 2,2x multiplier, good fire rate 5,5/s
T3: 2200 dmg,38% crit chance and 2x multiplier, worse fire rate 2/s

I also use Void Strike and Adarza which affect the arcane quite a bit.

Would like to hear which one and why, maybe it will help me decide

Edit: forgot to tell - Virtos Strike makes crit shots increase crit dmg

Edited by Raskolnikow

11 answers to this question

nobody ever uses T1 for anything that amp is damn right useless just a tad better than the mote amp and you know how much that sucks. I think the answer is obvious here

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Whats the composition of the AMPs you are wanting to add the Arcane to? Prism, Brace and Scaffold? 

he listed the compositions what's the point of your question?

as for why T1 sucks so much is it's damage is basically the same as the mote amp even with the arcane you want to use (I've tested it) despite it's "huge" fire rate compared to the T3 amp which literally shreds Eidolon shields with the arcane and kitty buffs in mere seconds, while with the T1 you'll be stuck shooting at the eidolon for several minutes.

Edited by EDM774

5 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Whats the composition of the AMPs you are wanting to add the Arcane to? Prisma, Brace and Scaffold? 

T 1-3-3 or 3-3-3 , dont remember the names but alt fire is that aimbot laser and the 3rd thing increases crit and status chance by 12%

To answer your question, 3-3-3 would be stronger. But if you're using it togheter with void strike and adarza kavat, I would recommend trying the t2 scaffold instead. If used correctly, it oneshots any eidolon shield, no arcane needed. So the ideal combination in this case would be: any-2-3. 

Definitely the 333, Strike only has a 20% proc chance and a 4 second duration, the T3 prism will be considerably more consistent at maintaining the buff. T3 Prism also deals more damage overall.

19 minutes ago, mario410 said:

I would recommend trying the t2 scaffold instead. If used correctly, it oneshots any eidolon shield, no arcane needed.

While yes, it does not need an Arcane, it requires a considerable investment in Madurai along with a lot of squad pre-planning. It is largely irrelevant unless you want to try and get 12 Eidolons in a night.

The best Amps you can Build are

for normal and vomvalyst kill 2-3-3 (prism -scaffold- brace) becouse T2 Prism is like a Arca Plasmor Shot has high range good dmg and makes dmg to all in its way T3 Scaffold auto aim to the mobs dmg isent really good but in times you see nothing this thing hit ^^ T3 Brace for crit

for Eidolon hunt 2-2-3 T2 Prism is like a Arca Plasmor Shot has high range good dmg and makes dmg to all in its way T2 Scaffold low range but it has the most dmg and the high crit dmg + explosion at hit or end of the range this thing hits more than 1 spot up to 4 T3 Brace for crit if you put the crit arcane on this littel thing you can do normaly 1k -1,8k dmg per hit

T2 Prism 3500 dmg crit changse with Gilde and T3 Brace 22% crit dmg 1,6 (crit dmg with Virtuos Strike +60% 1,6*1,6=2,56)

T2 Scaffold Dmg 7500 Crit changse after Gilde with T3 Brace 32% crit dmg 2,0 (crit dmg with Virtous Strike +60% 2*1,6= 3,2)

After the Shot passe a Volt Shild the crit dmg is going *2

(T2 Prism 1,6*2 = 3,2  or with arcan 16*16*2=5,12 )

(T2 Scaffold 2*2=4      or with arcane 2*1,6*2=6,4  )

Why not T1 or T3 Prism
T1 Prism hit only 1 point and isent doing really much dmg
T3 Prism has 3 shot every one isent doing really much dmg becouse  2200 / 3 = 733,33~
(T3 Prism is only usefull if you are the host becouse only the host hast the rigth dmg calc the other teammates are doing much less dmg)

Why not T1 Scaffold , charge time + to less dmg

Why not T1 or T2 Brace

T1 Brace Max ammo isent really good becouse you dont need it ........

T2 Brace -1 Second realod time is nice but if you use the more crit you havea higher possibility to do more dmg with a void stike hit with crit

sry for my bad eng

Edited by Sokker1

13 hours ago, DrBorris said:

it requires a considerable investment in Madurai

IIRC it took me about 1-2 weeks to max out Void Strike starting from 0 Madurai focus points, maxing out the 250k daily focus cap (20-25 minutes using the Silence Banshee method on Adaro, half the time with a booster) and doing some teralyst hunt every now and then. But OP said he/she is already using Void Strike, so it's not his/her case anyway.

13 hours ago, DrBorris said:

along with a lot of squad pre-planning

That is required, as you said, for doing 12/13 eidolons in 1 night. For using the Shraksun scaffold however you don't necessarily have to be hunting that many eidolons, it's still great for 'normal' hunts. You only need to be careful of its short range (15 meters), but aside from that, like the guy above me said, it has the highest dmg out of all amps.

I would also like to point out that the Granmu Prism shoots 3 grenades per shot. Given that OP is using Void Strike, that also means that he's going to spend all his 8 charges - and lose whatever multiplier he's got - in 3 shots (2 and 2/3 actually). The Shraksun scaffold shoots 1 projectile at a time, allowing for a better charge management.

That being said, 3-3-3 amp is still great, it has its own benefits and definitely does the job.

Im now trying my old 2-3-3 Amp with Virtous Strike and Fury to see which performs better

T3 Prism has its issues with Volt's shield if its too close to Eidolon maybe they gonna fix it, but for now T2 seems to be the best 

Current meta for speedrunning (3x3 or 4x3 runs) is [anything] + [Shraksun Scaffold] + [Lohrin Brace]. That is, x23. You don't even use the default LMB fire for anything but voms. 

The reason being, with a proper team that has 4 Adarza Kavats, a good Volt and dedicated shield breakers with maxed Void Strike and/or Unairu Wisp, alt-fire from Shraksun allows one-shotting the shield. Pencha is also a valid alternative, although it requires more precision and has less crit chance/damage (as opposed to tiny range of Shraksun).

Both Fury and Strike should work, with Strike providing a bit more burst and Fury having a better uptime. 

4 hours ago, mario410 said:

-snip-

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

-snip-

Okay, here is why I don't think Void Strike has any legs except for 4x3 runs with a dedicated group of friends. In order to get anything really out of Void Strike you need to charge for quite awhile which means not shooting anything. This obviously leads to a problem because if you want to one-shot a Hydrolyst, you can't fire anything at the Gantulyst (Operator or Warframe). This means that in order to reliably one-shot, you need three dedicated Madurai users, none of which are playing the DPS role (So your DPS needs to be god tier, which has proven more difficult due to Hydrolyst's BS hitboxes). So yes, it is possible, but the amount of team coordination is extremely high for something like this.

However, if people don't (ab)use Void Strike, the T3 Prism takes the easy cake. The T2 Scaffold really falls off when you get to the Hydrolyst and to a lesser extent the Gantulyst where getting any multi-hits per blast is inconsistent as all hell. The T3 Prism absolutely melts his shield when you have a firing squad going, and setting up a firing squad is quite easy because you can lob shots from such a far range with the T3 Prism. I completed a 3x3 where everyone had a T3 Prism without any Madurai shenanigans with 5 min to spare, and that was only my second night cycle.

So, yes, if you want to completely maximize your run you need an X23 Amp, but if you can't rely on a group of friends (I would never trust this strat to a pub group from recruiting) to come with you on night hunts consistently a 333 Amp is, IMO, the best way to go (as the T3 Scaffold is by far the best Vomb killing scaffold).

This is not to say Void Strike will be useless, being able to charge up a bit between fights does speed up that initial shield break, but to cater your build to this strategy reduces your adaptability.