Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

titan extractor small chance of retrieving credits

furturgamesliker

16 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

As the title says there could probably be a small chance of the titan extractor retrieving a random amount of money as it retrieves a random resource with a random amount

I doubt people like the idea though

In theory it could be useful, but knowing DE, it's a BAD idea! It would likely only drop 500-2,000 credits (at most), and players can get 100,000+ in 10 minutes.

The point of extractors is for collecting needed resources. We can get credits anywhere.

3 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

In theory it could be useful, but knowing DE, it's a BAD idea! It would likely only drop 500-2,000 credits (at most), and players can get 100,000+ in 10 minutes.

The point of extractors is for collecting needed resources. We can get credits anywhere.

it doesn't have to be much anyways  and it has a small chance of getting credits as i said so maybe 4/10?

5 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

it doesn't have to be much anyways  and it has a small chance of getting credits as i said so maybe 4/10?

If they start dropping credits, it would be a huge nerf. (Something we don't want)

I would much rather 400 plastids over even 10,000 credits!

EDIT: Also, "small chance" does not equal 4/10. That would be an insane chance. 1/20 would be a small chance.

Edited by AJman14

Just now, Vladimir said:

This seems helpful for new players who don’t have access to Akkad or the index. However endgame players will probably Desire resources over everything else!

well maybe the credit is an option to who likes to craft it aside from the titan extractor function we already have so we should choose between them like the restores we have

1 minute ago, furturgamesliker said:

ok maybe we could build a credit extractor that only gives in very VERY small amounts of money in and takes a day to retrieve?

Based off the cost, a small amount of credits would mean that it was a waste of time. A “small amount” is probably going to be under 2k credits. But an extractor costs 10k to make, and the bp is 50k. How many extractions must you do to break even? It just simply would be a waste of time.

Just now, krc473 said:

Based off the cost, a small amount of credits would mean that it was a waste of time. A “small amount” is probably going to be under 2k credits. But an extractor costs 10k to make, and the bp is 50k. How many extractions must you do to break even? It just simply would be a waste of time.

the credit extractor could be cheaper to buy and craft and maybe a medium amount? 

2 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

the credit extractor could be cheaper to buy and craft and maybe a medium amount? 

DE would not do medium amounts. Look at the bounties, you would probably get similar credit rewards as those (potentially scaling with planet level).

Why would you use a credit extractor, when it means one less resource one can be placed?

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

DE would not do medium amounts. Look at the bounties, you would probably get similar credit rewards as those (potentially scaling with planet level).

Why would you use a credit extractor, when it means one less resource one can be placed?

the easiest and only answer to that: laziness isn't it that obviouse?

3 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

No, you would have to work MORE, because you'll now have to farm for the resources that you otherwise would've received from a titan extractor.

26 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

No. Because credits are far less work to collect than resources. It would be more efficient to just farm credits and extract resources.

As you said in your OP:

1 hour ago, furturgamesliker said:

I doubt people like the idea though

I suspect you are right. Extractors themselves are not that well used. A credit extractor is basically pointless. Because DE would make it too expensive (you said less expensive than the others, that wont happen), and the rewards will be negligible. Of course, I have no objections to them adding credit extractors (I just would not use them).

If new players need to farm credits, I'd suggest they unlock Jupiter and run around the gas city tile set opening lockers and containers.  That place drops a lot of credits compared to other planets. That's what I did when I was a new player, it helped me a lot.

I disagree - it’s hard enough to get the resources you want over how long each extractor takes.

I’ve personally got over 4000 Detonite Ampules and I don’t know how many Fieldron Samples over the duration of a few months and they both make the majority of the results out of Titan and Distilling extractors alike.

Either way, there are still so many other ways to gain just as many credits out of any other thing you can do. I don’t think extractors should be another one.

Extractors cost so much already to make on their own. If they’re gonna drop credits it should be a rare drop where we receive more than we spent to make them.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:15 PM, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

I disagree - it’s hard enough to get the resources you want over how long each extractor takes.

I’ve personally got over 4000 Detonite Ampules and I don’t know how many Fieldron Samples over the duration of a few months and they both make the majority of the results out of Titan and Distilling extractors alike.

Either way, there are still so many other ways to gain just as many credits out of any other thing you can do. I don’t think extractors should be another one.

Extractors cost so much already to make on their own. If they’re gonna drop credits it should be a rare drop where we receive more than we spent to make them.

What planets are you putting your extractors? I rarely get any Detonite Ampules or Fieldron Samples, anymore.

For example, I just got 591 Polymer Bundle, 148 Plastids, and 1062 Alloy Plate from Uranus, Saturn, and Venus, respectively. I was using 3 Titan Extractors.

48 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

What planets are you putting your extractors? I rarely get any Detonite Ampules or Fieldron Samples, anymore.

For example, I just got 591 Polymer Bundle, 148 Plastids, and 1062 Alloy Plate from Uranus, Saturn, and Venus, respectively. I was using 3 Titan Extractors.

I use my extractors primarily to obtain Orokin Cells - Ceres and Saturn.

The third I put in Uranus for the Nano Spores.

There are no other eligible locations to place Extractors besides those two places. While the Orokin Derelict has Orokin Cells, an extractor can’t be placed there.

That’s all I can do, but I only put Distilling Extractors on the aforementioned two planets. Titan Extractors go wherever I have need.

On 2/19/2018 at 11:48 PM, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

I use my extractors primarily to obtain Orokin Cells - Ceres and Saturn.

The third I put in Uranus for the Nano Spores.

There are no other eligible locations to place Extractors besides those two places. While the Orokin Derelict has Orokin Cells, an extractor can’t be placed there.

That’s all I can do, but I only put Distilling Extractors on the aforementioned two planets. Titan Extractors go wherever I have need.

Distilling? Yeah.. those always give Detonite Ampules. I remember trying for Orokin Cells, and giving up, as I would only get maybe 3 a week! I now go for Plastids and Polymer Bundle.

It's a lot easier to farm for a few Orokin Cells, if I need them, rather than farming for the Plastids/Polymer Bundles that I would've received from my Titan Extractors.

1 hour ago, AJman14 said:

Distilling? Yeah.. those always give Detonite Ampules. I remember trying for Orokin Cells, and giving up, as I would only get maybe 3 a week! I now go for Plastids and Polymer Bundle.

It's a lot easier to farm for a few Orokin Cells, if I need them, rather than farming for the Plastids/Polymer Bundles that I would've received from my Titan Extractors.

True, but you know.

Set ‘em up when you go to sleep.

It’s good waking up with the thought in mind that your Distilling Extractors may have Orokin Cells waiting for you to collect. Y’know?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

True, but you know.

Set ‘em up when you go to sleep.

It’s good waking up with the thought in mind that your Distilling Extractors may have Orokin Cells waiting for you to collect. Y’know?

I know what you mean, but now I just use titan extractors. I like waking up to find Plastids and Polymer Bundles, instead of the nearly guaranteed Detonite Ampules. :P