Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we really need 4 revives per mission?

(PSN)sack_shot01

I feel like we should get rid of it since its kinda impossible to die in a mission anyways. And having only one life will encourage people in the squad to stay closer together so they can revive each other if need be. People argue that warframe doesnt require skill which is kinda true since you can easily mow down a couple hundred enemies, have 4 revives and 3 other people to help you.

This doesnt mean that the sacrifice mod should be removed since its beneficial for solo players.

They need to get rid of the killyourself-self-revive in all modes but SOLO.  If they don't, we should be limited to 1 death per mission (with unlimited teammate revives as now).

Make there be an actual penalty/cost for going down.  

EDIT: The old pay-for-revives is not applicable to the discussion.  I don't think the OP was suggesting we in any way be limited to the number of revives PER DAY - just per mission

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

Oh yes, I would love to see new players get punished heavily with constant mission failures for making the smallest mistakes and not knowing better, that would be great for new player retention! /s

While it is true that older players rarely die and rarely fail a mission, you need to consider the new players who don't know as much.  Especially when people don't revive, they are left dead, and they don't get mission rewards.

What you're proposing wouldn't hurt older players at all, but would be hell for newer players and isn't needed.

Edited by Tsukinoki

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Can I assume you weren't playing when we had 4 revives per day? Cause that was pretty nasty. Considering how cheap the deaths in this game can be, last thing we want is instant mission failure cause we have no revives.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

4 revives a day.  Platinum if you want more lol.

Yeah, good ol' days. (maybe not :/)

Your weivpoint is too narrow. Various people play warframe with various gear, skills and plans. Most of the time I don't use revives but last night after our harrow d/c ed we were considering dropping out the eidolon hunt because some ppl ran out of revives. 

If you don't use them, why would they bother you? Some people might find them useful sometimes. 

30 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Can I assume you weren't playing when we had 4 revives per day? Cause that was pretty nasty. Considering how cheap the deaths in this game can be, last thing we want is instant mission failure cause we have no revives.

Honestly, I didn't mind having 4 revives per day.

Part of me liked it because the stakes felt a bit higher, i.e. we actively tried our best not to die because the game would only forgive us ____ times until the next reset. I also liked it because it didn't instantly punish a skilled player for only dying once to a silly stunlock or something (as opposed to our current system, which instantly drains Affinity now matter how BS your death was).
Not to mention that it was 4 revives per warframe. So if you kept dying over and over on one guy, the game practically encouraged you to change things up a bit.

I really like the system we have now, but unless we're leveling a weapon, there's just no punishment whatsoever for dying. We can jump headfirst into a stupid situation, get violently killed to death, and shrug it off because that cost us nothing except literally 5 seconds of our time.

I'm not saying we should go back to the paid-revives system, but I DO think that the game can be a bit tougher on us. There's no "thrill of danger" with the current system.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 minute ago, (PS4)sack_shot01 said:

But death is kind of a joke in the game. Maybe 2 revives per mission?

If you want a challenge, best find a different game. Warframe doesn't have that "git gud 1337 snip3r 360 no scope" mentality. If you want to die a bunch and be punished for it, I hear Dark Souls or Bloodborne might be more your style

7 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Yeah, good ol' days. (maybe not :/)

I actually thought it was kinda interesting, outside of the pay plat for more part. And nobody is mentioning that it wasn't 4 revives per day per account. It's 4 revives per day for each Warframe. When one runs out of revives you could always swap to another (if you had one).

4 revives per day system didn't add or change anything in the game.

The 4 revives per mission are there for people who need them, if you don't need them, more power to you, but some people might.

This isn't a hardcore type game that heavily punishes for mistakes, and that is a part of Warframes appeal. Changing the amount of revives really does nothing to add to the game.

Lives are a resource.  If you can't figure out ways to use them that's your own problem.  I can only imagine what kind of internet pissing contest mentality is going through your head in advocating the removal of something as vital as "the ability to revive yourself after death" with no replacement/compensation but don't punish others for your lack of imagination.

2 minutes ago, Nominiat said:

Lives are a resource.  If you can't figure out ways to use them that's your own problem.  I can only imagine what kind of internet pissing contest mentality is going through your head in advocating the removal of something as vital as "the ability to revive yourself after death" with no replacement/compensation but don't punish others for your lack of imagination.

I just asked do we need 4 revives per mission sorry to offend you

Revives come in handy, especially solo and especially at high levels, and I don't think removing them would start some kind of mass paradigm shift wherein players would suddenly start sticking together all the time; more likely than not, it'd just lead to increased frustration when people have to take a mission failure because of an abrupt and unexpected death.

If you're having issues with squadmates not sticking together on a mission, I would suggest communicating with them.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)sack_shot01 said:

since its kinda impossible to die in a mission anyways. And having only one life will encourage people in the squad to stay closer together so they can revive each other if need be

As someone that can only run 5 fps in public on a good day after 5 minutes of loading in:  I can tell you no, it is not "impossible" to die in missions, and yes there's MANY players that need it.  Yes, it is Neccessary, and No, no one will "stay together" with the one person lagging every 2-10 steps.

Edited by Olianu

39 minutes ago, (PS4)sack_shot01 said:

I feel like we should get rid of it since its kinda impossible to die in a mission anyways. And having only one life will encourage people in the squad to stay closer together so they can revive each other if need be. People argue that warframe doesnt require skill which is kinda true since you can easily mow down a couple hundred enemies, have 4 revives and 3 other people to help you.

This doesnt mean that the sacrifice mod should be removed since its beneficial for solo players.

do we really not need 4 revives per mission???

Yeah, I totaly want to be unable to bring non-maxed frames in the Plains because of Bolkors killing me in seconds. I definetely didn't need those when doing a 20-40 Bounty solo with my lvl 20 Gara yesterday and I definetely didn't die 3 times.

Saying it's "hard to die" in WF is like saying "enemies are weak, I one shot them with CL-Finishers". Powercreep makes the game easier, but it doesn't mean that the game itself is easy nor that revives are useless in every cases. If you don't use them, good for you, but some players do. 

What you are saying is that you want to remove something YOU don't use because it wouldn't change much to your playstyle, but what you don't seem to care about is that it would seriously affect those who need them. 

"Oh, you just got one-hit killed by a level 80 ancient because overpowerd toxic damage from the other end of the map? Well sh*t, sucks for you. You ain't gettin' no revives, son!"

Yes, yes we need those 4 revives.

On another note,

vor 58 Minuten schrieb (PS4)sack_shot01:

since its kinda impossible to die in a mission anyways

If you're one of those people who run around, dealing 200K damage per shot and then complain about the game being to easy, then yes.

having only one life will encourage people in the squad to stay closer together

lol no. Who told you that? It would only make the community more toxic.

warframe doesnt require skill

You're not wrong, but you're not right, either. Looking at all those complains about mastery tests being "too hard", I'd say there are plenty of people who don't have the skill to play this game.

Edited by o0Despair0o

58 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Good ole' days! And you could spend Platinum to revive too! That was insane! And yes... we need the four revives because not all the time you're a killing machine! Sometimes the enemies will get tired of our sh*t and put us down! XD