Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why not universal vacuum

(PSN)tissot555

I saw a thread claiming that DE decided to start selling accessory pack separately due to the overwhelming feedback they received on the subject. So I'm asking myself, why not universal vacuum? I guarantee that would rank as the number one change players would like to see in the game. Maybe that dude that made a video causing DE to listen about  accessories needs to make a video about UNIVERSAL VACUUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't happen.

Despite people repeatedly asking for (proper) universal vacuum, it won't change.

Don't really see why, tbh, it could be implemented in a "lore-friendly" way by simply being a gear item.

Edited by Sean

Are people still complaining about that bs? -_-'

Just grab the loot by yourself, use Mag (Bullet Jump/GP) or use a Sentinel if you're lazy, it's not so damn complicated! 

People are already lazy enough that they complain for the need of actual moving to get their loot. They just want to get all the loot without doing anything and most of the time people think pets are worst than Sentinels just because of the Vacuum. 

Just now, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Are people still complaining about that bs? -_-'

Just grab the loot by yourself, use Mag (Bullet Jump/GP) or use a Sentinel if you're lazy, it's not so damn complicated! 

People are already lazy enough that they complain for the need of actual moving to get their loot. They just want to get all the loot without doing anything and most of the time people think pets are worst than Sentinels just because of the Vacuum. 

Honestly, I kinda wish they went the route of making vacuum universal but selective (So you'd have to equip multiple types of Vacuum mod if you wanted it to draw in Credits, Health, Ammo, Energy, Health and other such things).

7 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Probably because not everyone wants it.

Pretty much everyone wanted prime access accessory packs. 

There's ways it could be implemented without having it forced on those that don't want it.

Like I said above, if it's a gear item it work best as it would...

- Have a cost to its usage (as in, taking up a gear slot)

- Those that don't want it can simply not equip it

Edited by Sean

i repeat "universal vacuum is in the game. tho it is very short range. but it is larger then your pick up zone." the conversation you want to be having is to increase vacuum mod range and universal vacuums range. making the mod closer to its old size and uv closer to a good distances. 

DE will never let the vacuum mode go on anything other than sentinels. it took long enough to get it on all sentinels instead of just carrier.

Edited by Grimm

I know purists are against it for some reason, but I really do think at least pets need vacuum. As it is, unless it's some special run where and adarza or smeeta buffs might be required/asked for, I never choose a pet over a sentinel. You might call it laziness, I call it QOL - particularly when the meta is to dash through missions, which means vacuum is pretty important if you want to keep up and don't want to miss stuff.

19 minutes ago, Khift said:

If not Universal Vacuum - why not a Vacuum exilus mod?

Like if anything is appropriate for an exilus mod, it'd be Vacuum.

I'd want a Vacuum exilus mod to do something more than just vacuum. Not sure what that something would have to be just a little cherry on the sundae as it where. 

That said I think I'd be OK with an Exilus Vacuum mod. 

1 minute ago, Isca said:

I know purists are against it for some reason, but I really do think at least pets need vacuum. As it is, unless it's some special run where and adarza or smeeta buffs might be required/asked for, I never choose a pet over a sentinel. You might call it laziness, I call it QOL - particularly when the meta is to dash through missions, which means vacuum is pretty important if you want to keep up and don't want to miss stuff.

Yeah because you so desperately need those 15 circuits. If you want to be lazy (or have "QoL") you do so, but don't force it onto people who don't want vacuum. And I swear to Lotus if DE nerf pets and add vacuum to them I'mma be pissed.

13 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Yeah because you so desperately need those 15 circuits. If you want to be lazy (or have "QoL") you do so, but don't force it onto people who don't want vacuum. And I swear to Lotus if DE nerf pets and add vacuum to them I'mma be pissed.

If I'm playing Nekros, for example, and everyone including me is rushing towards the exit, I really don't think it's 'lazy' for me to not want to stop and turn around constantly to see if desecrate just dropped some Orokin cells or argon or whatever in the piles of corpses just behind me.

If pets could equip vacuum, why would that be 'forcing' you to have it? Just don't install the precept if you don't want it.

Edited by Isca

35 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I'd want a Vacuum exilus mod to do something more than just vacuum. Not sure what that something would have to be just a little cherry on the sundae as it where. 

That said I think I'd be OK with an Exilus Vacuum mod. 

Exactly - I don't think it'd overtake the sentinel vacuum, generally speaking sentinel mod slots are a lot less valuable than exilus slots, but it'd be great to have the extra option.

Its not a thing because there is a VERY small but VERY vocal minority of players that don't want the game to be easier for everyone. They think people are lazy because they don't want to have to spend half their time picking up loot, instead of, you know, playing the game.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Probably because not everyone wants it.

Pretty much everyone wanted prime access accessory packs. 

i have yet to see even minimal amount of people say no to it. i would only not want it if DE fixes that we can get to any item without them falling into cant be reached places or dead area places.

A change on the business side that they thought about and were probably going to do it given it would take far longer to actually start that process than the time between the video and the change being announced.

UV is in fundamental opposition to their vision of the game. On the same level as turning Warframe into a MOBA or wholescale copying other games' mechanics that people think DE should bolt on to Warframe because they watched their favorite screamlord play it for a 10 minute video.

If people who really want UV can't find faults with it, they haven't thought about it all that hard and should really try and come up with a compelling argument other than JUST DO IT.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

If people who really want UV can't find faults with it, they haven't thought about it all that hard and should really try and come up with a compelling argument other than JUST DO IT.

Pros:

1. Saves buttloads of time

2. much less micromanagement

3. gives people a lot more freedom in terms of what companions they want to use

4. makes resource farming much easier and you dont have to worry about missing anything

5. you don't have to worry about looking around for amo/ energy if you run out because it will just get sucked up into you

Cons:

1.???

Id love to see a valid argument from your side of not having it that has some relevance to player experience other than "just don't be lazy" which is no argument at all.

What is the actual purpose of making players run around to mop up loot off the ground in a game?  Is it a vital part of the grind that lengthens a player's longevity with Warframe?  Is it meant to distinguish the people who take the time to do it from the people who don't?  Is it a trick to slow the former set of players down and reduce their contribution to the mission until they learn to ignore loot and all looted resources become as scarce for them as for the set of players who innately prefer to ignore loot?  All scarcity in a game is artificial, after all, and maybe vacuum and the lack thereof helps maintain the levels of scarcity DE wants.  How does the sentinel vs. pet dichotomy fit into that, i.e. does it even work when people just eschew pets and use sentinels to get around the whole problem?  Would not the extant necessity of going out of your way to hit/open loot containers serve the same purpose even if loot was universally vacuumed at a meaningful range once dropped on the ground?

49 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

i have yet to see even minimal amount of people say no to it. i would only not want it if DE fixes that we can get to any item without them falling into cant be reached places or dead area places.

I don't want it because it would encourage lazy gameplay even more, and I'm glad de is moving away from things like this.