Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators need a name

-PP-Eos

Hello !

As says the title, operators need a name.
This question did only hit me after a few hundred of hours post- Second Dream quest, and especially as I decided to take more time to fight those giant beasts AKA teralysts (and its bigger mates).

We can customize OPs, make them either male or female-like with multiple options like face, voice, and suit. We even got magus arcanes for them, but still, they are only a flesh puppet. I got attached to my female (-like) operator, and got her some cool stuff. Now that I am really attached to her, i'd like to give her a name. I mean, yeah, i already have a pseudo, identifying myself. But warframes have names,  Zaws and even weapons have names, and not the operator ?

Maybe that name ccould be shown when you're in operator mod ?

Please DE, take the time to think about it. Also, I'd like to have the point of view from other players. Would you like to name your operator ?

Edited by EOS6

3 minutes ago, EOS6 said:

Would you like to name your operator ?

No idea (not really). How about calling it James? First name that came to mind. But if someone already has all the names I want, maybe XOpuss. EDIT: Remember, no two people could have the same name for their operator.

I see no reason to have this system at all.

Edited by krc473

I like this idea. I totally second this.

Just now, krc473 said:

But if someone already has all the names I want, maybe XOpuss.

It could use the same custom name system we have for weapons and companions, so we could use whatever name we want.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I like this idea. I totally second this.

It could use the same custom name system we have for weapons and companions, so we could use whatever name we want.

The problem with that: what happens when everyone in your squad has the same name for their operator, say, James. Then you have four people named 'James' running around, and no one knows who is who. They would likely have to have unique names to avoid confusion.

il y a 1 minute, krc473 a dit :

The problem with that: what happens when everyone in your squad has the same name for their operator, say, James. Then you have four people named 'James' running around, and no one knows who is who. They would likely have to have unique names to avoid confusion.

Then maybe put the OP's name then the player's name like this? :

James (-PP-Eos)

Edited by EOS6
grammar correction

Just now, krc473 said:

How about only you can see your custom name, while others see your account name?

Then maybe we could have an option to see or not other players' custom names. I don't think everyone would enjoy too many names to process / on their screen.

à l’instant, (Xbox One)destructo nl a dit :

i would love that, but i would even take it a step furter and have the stalker for example say the name of my operator and then say hiding inside/behind your *name of warframe here*

That's be so great ! Stalker knows who you really are, seems logic and legit

6 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

How about only you can see your custom name, while others see your account name?

What’s the point in it then? I can know my operator’s name is James (XOpuss). But no one else can? We don’t need an implemented system for that.

it is a reasonable idea and maybe we have a selection of audible names like with the second plus war within we get to pick a name (changeable when we like) and when someone indirectly insults our operator without saying the name our operator gets a bit annoyed and yells abit out and tells teshin or lotus our name and with second dream we'll regain our memory with our name

It is a neat idea, and one I would use.

The Operator's name could easily be above the the operator, with the actual username below the Operator's custom name. It could be smaller, and in parenthesis.

Sorry if it's hard to understand... wording is not my thing right now.

I actually like the idea.  Being able to name your character in games is often a very welcomed feature.  It can sometimes be the difference between piloting a pre-chosen character, and piloting an alter-image of yourself, or whoever you want to be. 

I don't like the account name showing there, especially since some of us have ridiculous account names that would never be names.  Mine is my last name, and even then I don't like it being used as my character's name.

"Dream, not of what you are - but of WHO you want to be."

5 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I actually like the idea.  Being able to name your character in games is often a very welcomed feature.  It can sometimes be the difference between piloting a pre-chosen character, and piloting an alter-image of yourself, or whoever you want to be. 

I don't like the account name showing there, especially since some of us have ridiculous account names that would never be names.  Mine is my last name, and even then I don't like it being used as my character's name.

"Dream, not of what you are - but of WHO you want to be."

For people working together, you need to know who is who.

Perhaps in the player list, it could have: Username "Operator Name"

Imagine your selected name being spoken in the cutscenes, like it did with Fallout 4 and specific racing games i don't remember. That's too much effort that could go somewhere else tho...

But yeah, i would be ok with naming my operator just so the name would appear above my operator.

I thought that this obvious, but the operator is your avatar in controlling the warframes, and it was so from the very beginning. Therefore, the name of the operator is your account name.

To all those operators with the username @ss_destroyer, your parents fu*ked your name up at birth :crylaugh: