Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The simple fix for beam weapons

VegetableBasket

Revert the tickrate and damage back to damage 1.0. 

The flux rifle used to be my favorite weapon in damage 1.0, ever since damage 2.0 it feels like I'm lagging. I have 7 forma on my flux and the damage output is really low. I used to be able to hold LMB and scribble around the screen and cut everything I touched in half, now I can't even cleave level 20 lancers in one fell swoop. I think at the time the tickrate was nerfed into the ground because of performance reasons, but since then Mesa has been added, and she spits out way more numbers than my flux ever did.

Compare the number soup:

old flux vs new flux:

Edited by VegetableBasket

a turn back on ticket rate would be great i agree. things like the convectrix could become worth using again. but i think in the new damage system they should look at bringing back armour ignoring damage weapons like we used to have. because that was part of what made flux and the eathers good 

7 minutes ago, Grimm said:

a turn back on ticket rate would be great i agree. things like the convectrix could become worth using again. but i think in the new damage system they should look at bringing back armour ignoring damage weapons like we used to have. because that was part of what made flux and the eathers good 

no, then we will see a meta of nothing else but these weapons because of how crap armor scaling is

One improvement I'd mention is about how the beam interacts with bodies in dying animations.
I use flux with a riven to get 90% status, and slash chum things to pieces for Nekros.
Many bodies in mid-death animations will not begin slicing apart until a set animation is done,
this being after the health bar is gone.

Once the bodies flop to the ground, they're fair game..
but while slumping over, they are impervious to being cut apart.

I spend far more ammo cutting Through dead and dying to get
to other things dead behind them that I Can chop up..if this makes any sense.

Pouring ammo into a Corpus humanoid as it drops dramatically to it's knees will
never cause the body to separate until it's done it's whole slump.

Really, a minor inconvenience, but still a thing I've noticed to fall slightly short of expectations.

A simple fix for beam weapons would be just add decent crit stats. They are pretty much all status heavy with barely any crit, and the few beam weapons which have crit essentially work and are in use to some degree. Amprex, Synoid Gammacor or Ignis Wraith. 

Increasing tick-rate for status would only serve Flux Rifle for how slash works at the moment and not helping the weapon category all that much. Fire, Toxic and Gas is very "meh" unless it scales from absurdly high crits (Lanka territory). There is a reason why Toxic-Soma isn`t meta, it would be the same case for beam weapons. 

What beam weapons need is significant increases to their range, especially the primary variants.  For example the ignis got its range reduced to 14m.  14 meters folks.  Thats pretty much melee range using a primed mod.  Why would anyone choose a beam weapon with 14m spread.  You wouldn't and you are lying if you say you would.  We already have melee weapons for close range.  So until DE addresses the real 400 pound gorilla in the room (lack of range) concerning beam weapons, they will continue to not be used.