Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Masculine Operator styles?

AJman14

4 minutes ago, Your_Very_Best_Friend said:

Try fixing the lip color. That may contribute a ton. I think the point is that these children are young, and also much different than the humans we look like today. Having grown up in the Orokin era with vast genetic differences and etc. I think these looks are more of a lore choice than anything.

I tried all the colors of all the different palettes that I have.. Most of them are extremely saturated, or way too dark. (almost black)

2 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

I tried all the colors of all the different palettes that I have.. Most of them are extremely saturated, or way too dark. (almost black)

You used the Valentines Day color pack? I myself have to use the Gamma color palette but it's not available anymore. Valentines Day has several hues of a kinda dirty pink that may work somewhat. The less noticeable the lip color, the more masculine my operator seemed. That's all I can say. I'm sorry to hear you don't have the fashionframe tools. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Your_Very_Best_Friend said:

You used the Valentines Day color pack? I myself have to use the Gamma color palette but it's not available anymore. Valentines Day has several hues of a kinda dirty pink that may work somewhat. The less noticeable the lip color, the more masculine my operator seemed. That's all I can say. I'm sorry to hear you don't have the fashionframe tools. Good luck!

I have a lot of palettes, but I am missing the gamma one. :/ I can look through them again, though.

You can see the color I have equipped isn't a crazy bad color, but the lips make it look really saturated. I was trying to make them blend more.

3 minutes ago, Arcturus125 said:

this is why everyone is just settling for female tenno all the time, it's quite difficult to make a nice masculine tenno, though i think you did a good job, well done

Thank you, I really wish I could improve the look even more, though.

All those super masculine 12-14 year olds walking around.

Also:

1 hour ago, AJman14 said:

I tried my hardest at giving my operator a masculine appearance, and now "he" just looks like a trans.

WTF is "a trans". Your Operator there looks plenty like an early teens human male.

1 hour ago, Arcturus125 said:

try making a more square-like jaw. it should look more manly. not too square though or you'll look like an alien XD

I tried, but most of those types of jaws also make the nose really big.

Warframe needs more square jaws, it really doesn't have many that work with other faces.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

All those super masculine 12-14 year olds walking around.

Also:

WTF is "a trans". Your Operator there looks plenty like an early teens human male.

Adjective: used to describe someone who feels that they are not the same gender (= sex) as the physical body they was born with, or who does not fit easily into being either a male or a female:

Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/trans

I believe that they were taking issue with the phrase "a trans" (since it's an adjective, not a noun), rather than not knowing what it meant.
Anyway, looks like a teenage boy to me. I work with kids, so I can confirm that I know what they look like. :P

I found a more natural color in the storm palette. Not so orange. EDIT: I know, it's still really saturated...

Back to the main topic, though, there should be more readily available options. It's is HARD to get a face that looks like a dude! Neater/shorter hair is something that's needed.

Maybe a variety of peach fuzzes, too. I would love a full beard, but yeah... they're kids.

jv08uRO.png

Edited by AJman14

I think mine is quite masculine:

2AF80AE2D82C375566A22F07DCD91D1699E87999

Just my personal opinion:

If you want a boy or young man, lose the ear rings or whatever those ear accessories are and go for a more military look.

Get the thicker armors to give the illusion of thicker limbs.

Also, get a dark shade of the lips and most importantly, a face with a thicker jawline (males tend to have thicker jaw width not sharper ones - go for the in-between of Final Fantasy male leads and cartoon Batman).

D115D564412296D60F3F4F543E4D7E33F8FA0502

Do the jawline first, I think that should correct your issue quite a bit, then do the lips and if it's still not masculine enough, then you need to decide on those ear accessories.

Good luck!

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

15 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I think mine is quite masculine:

[image clipped]

Just my personal opinion:

If you want a boy or young man, lose the ear rings or whatever those ear accessories are and go for a more military look.

Get the thicker armors to give the illusion of thicker limbs.

Also, get a dark shade of the lips and most importantly, a face with a thicker jawline (males tend to have thicker jaw width not sharper ones - go for the in-between of Final Fantasy male leads and cartoon Batman).

[image clipped]

Do the jawline first, I think that should correct your issue quite a bit, then do the lips and if it's still not masculine enough, then you need to decide on those ear accessories.

Good luck!

Thanks for the helpful advice!

I still think Warframe needs better options for boys. If I have to come to a forum to ask for more options, and get a lot of opinions, just to make my character NOT look like a girl, something needs to be added.

Also, yours still looks kinda like a girl, TBH. :P

I want some color in the lips, to still look natural. I reshaped the jaw, and this will have to do for now.

I wanted the earpieces as communication devices for my young officer, but they just wouldn't work.

I guess he looks a little bit like a boy, now.

HTDLRfP.png

Yes, I know.. I'm really rich. xD