Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With WoF gone the macro-whip disease becomes visible

k05h

Now that we do have less WoF kills in missions the OP of whips becomes really visible. The scoliacs, atterax and lectas slide macro powered through the map. Investmens in maiming strike and +200% range (scoliac) rivens obviously do pay off. 

Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy watching netflix while idling at the defense target (idle is not the same as afk) because one or two macro guys running in circles. But I wonder if this is all what Warframe nowadays is. DE culls one overused feature only to have another one or two to take its place.

Let me rephrase the last sentence: DE culls one over-used feature only to have macro be the replacement.

Edited by k05h
idle is not afk, rephrase last sentence

It's like a saying I have for this game:

Tenno find a way.

We, as Tenno, have to adapt to the way the solar system is shaped by DE. And we can adapt quickly. 

Before Starchart 3.0, we had Draco. Now, we find solace in Adaro with a Sleep Equinox and Maiming Strike Guandao, or in Hydron with a Resonating Banshee. 

It doesn't matter what gets removed, what gets added, or what gets tweaked. We find out how something works, we find a way to cheese it in a way that is fast, efficient, and effective, and we use that method on that thing until it gets tweaked again. 

But even if it does get tweaked again, it won't matter.

Because Tenno find a way.

The only real solution I can think of with these slip-and-sliders is to just nerf Maiming Strike. Sure, they'll still be used, but they won't be as game-breaking as they are now. 

19 minutes ago, k05h said:

But I wonder if this is all what Warframe nowadays is. DE culls one overused feature only to have another one or two to take its place.

That's what WF's been for the longest time. When the path of least resistance to a destination gets closed off, players just go to the next one. We can't even speak as if it was unexpected. 

1st of all, afk isn't allowed, do not comment on gameplay if you do not do said gameplay, others killing isn't an excuse, do not blame others for your netflix addiction.

2nd of all, efficient players always play with themselves, if you depend on others for the mission to be efficient then you will get exactly the rewards for the effort you provided, meaning, very little (assuming obviously that you will be able to play if maintain that mentaility)

3rd, the vast majority of embers weren't all that efficient to begin with, it was hard to keep up but it was possible and killing more than said ember was possible even for slower players

4th, extremely efficient players with an ember or scoliac killing method are things that only the best players can keep up and you will sweat to keep up (i know the feeling), but it is possible to gather more kills than them, but you need a good killing weapon, a good killing warframe, good mods and a good movement in game, you might think that i'm talking about bullet jump right? no, i'm talking about bullet jump, double jump, aim glide, roll then going into operator, dashing 3 to 5 times, landing on a slide and repeat on top of knowing the maps from back to front, the moment you hit a wall you need to doube your efforts to compensate, that means doing all of that faster.

You are not finding lots of extremely efficient players, those are insanely rare, you are finding more of a mid range players with some niche tactics, some are simply 1 trick ponies, you can easily catch up.

If you want to catch up is up to you

Edited by KIREEK

11 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Tenno find a way.

We, as Tenno, have to adapt to the way the solar system is shaped by DE. And we can adapt quickly. 

Before Starchart 3.0, we had Draco. Now, we find solace in Adaro with a Sleep Equinox and Maiming Strike Guandao, or in Hydron with a Resonating Banshee. 

It doesn't matter what gets removed, what gets added, or what gets tweaked. We find out how something works, we find a way to cheese it in a way that is fast, efficient, and effective, and we use that method on that thing until it gets tweaked again. 

The only real solution I can think of with these slip-and-sliders is to just nerf Maiming Strike. Sure, they'll still be used, but they won't be as game-breaking as they are now. 

Just so you know maiming strike isn't needed on the attarax sure it gives it a nice boost but you can equally do damage with just blood rush and the slash mod.

As for on topic complaining about the next x, it amazes me. It truly does. Part of this community won't ever be satisfied until everything is basically brought down into a level of straight trash. A lot of these types of threads (like ember) was purely for low to mid level content you know the content where things die near instantly with anything moderately equipped? What's next? Nerf Ash because he can now just send out his ninjas on everything? Should we delete Octavia because she can make people go invisible and buff them? Should we nerf Banshee/Equinox/Mag which can be built to clear out low-mid range enemies. The list goes on and even if said whips get nerf'd you'd see mirage run around with 5 of them and buff out their damage. We have plenty of sources of OP things you can do. Even Chroma still demolishes all content albeit with less ehp.

Edited by SirWolfen

OP is right.

• This means we can nerf melee range.
  • Then we can re-nerf Ember WoF again.
  • After that, we'll nerf melee range again.
  • Cool, 1m WoF sounds like a good balance because it now kills as fast as the Lato.
  • Cool, 1m melee range with perfectly rolled riven sounds like a good balance.

BlackandwhiteAthleticAfricancivet-size_r

Edited by WolfTitan

3 minutes ago, k05h said:

I was not sure if you were mocking me or if you really think Warframe is a game of who has the longest whip.

I'm not joking, afk gameplay isn't allowed and laziness will get you nowhere, you may be paired with a team you can't catch up once every 10 games, but that leaves 9 games where you are not playing with them and you can't benefit from the high resources/credits/exp/endo/mods per hour or mission ratio.

Efficient players always play with themselves. regardless if it's 1, 10 or 1000 missions

Edited by KIREEK

vor 2 Minuten schrieb KIREEK:

I'm not joking, afk gameplay isn't allowed and laziness will get you nowhere, you may be paired with a team you can't catch up once every 10 games, but that leaves 9 games where you are not playing with them and you can't benefit from the high resources/credits/exp/endo/mods per hour or mission ratio

Okay then serious:

I dont afk but idle around, meaning I pick up reactants and resources. And I can still watch netflix while doing that. Comes with the job looking at multiple screens at once. 

I do not consider macro sliding a skill. Coding the macro is the only "skill" involved but other than that I would call an exploit. That exploit does get reinforced by mods and riven disposition. I do not think I should be looking up to tenno that use this kind of exploit. It is not far away from gold farming bots in other games. 

Sounds like macros are the problem.

With no macros on controllers, spinning and spinning gets old in a hurry.

But I've seen PC people post vids of macro's for spamming Equinox sleep for focus farming, macros for creating automatic fire from semi-auto weapons, the obvious slide attack macro, etc...

Maybe they need to add detection for impossibly repetitive inputs (ie inputs where the repeat frequency is too rhythmic to possibly be human input) 

Then, while at it, nerf slide attacks, then nerf Equinox, then nerf saryn, then nerf ember (again), then nerf ignis, then nerf mirage with any and all aoe weapons... In fact, they should stop all development of the game, and just focus on nerfing things.

43 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

CDMgNg-W8AEj24H.jpgwhatever might save a few seconds.

This picture is PERFECT!  Sad thing is, really, people seem to keep getting mad at DE because those players CHOOSE to take that side path rather than the intended experience.  How is that DE's fault?  Anyone who thinks DE, or any game designer, can account for EVERYTHING, has obviously zero experience with coding anything even close to the magnitude of Warframe.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Tenno find a way.

Nerf maiming strike you say? I present resonance Banshee Max power strength + silence and atterax.

Diminishing returns on successive slide attacks to a base level of maybe 1/3 max damage. After a period of time, it's resets if no more slide attacks are performed. If another slide attack is performed, the timer is refreshed.

Now you can slide attack as part of your melee and get that mobility and damage, but macroing is killed. Boom, done.

Edited by KokoroWish

4 hours ago, k05h said:

Now that we do have less WoF kills in missions the OP of whips becomes really visible. The scoliacs, atterax and lectas slide macro powered through the map. Investmens in maiming strike and +200% range (scoliac) rivens obviously do pay off. 

Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy watching netflix while idling at the defense target (idle is not the same as afk) because one or two macro guys running in circles. But I wonder if this is all what Warframe nowadays is. DE culls one overused feature only to have another one or two to take its place.

Let me rephrase the last sentence: DE culls one over-used feature only to have macro be the replacement.

Always thought they were worse and more frequent.   Esp at higher levels.    Then again, when a player starts spin to win, similar to when I see a Limbo in some missions, abort, and join another squad.

Did you ever see Fantasia? When Mickey cuts up the broom with the axe and it just keeps turning into more brooms? Well, DE is Mickey and the player base finding cheese and exploits is the broom. It's in the basic design and progression system of the game and won't change unless it's all completely reworked.

4 hours ago, k05h said:

Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy watching netflix while idling at the defense target (idle is not the same as afk) because one or two macro guys running in circles. But I wonder if this is all what Warframe nowadays is. DE culls one overused feature only to have another one or two to take its place.

Interesting qualification there. Given peoples loose interpretation of "AFK" in this game when it pleases them and all. 

Sure all those nasty Embers and Banshees and whatever the farming frame of the month is are AFK farming all the live long day, ignoring the fact that the inactivity timer literally prevents AFK farming... but someone deciding to "idle" while other people do stuff isn't AFK....

I am a bit perplexed tho that you chose to expend the time/effort to fire up netflix and hunker down to reap the benefits of the purported problem instead of just leaving to find another game, which would have required about the same effort but actually solved the "problem". 

Not that I don't imbibe in the dual screening myself tho more for my own sanities sake.... if I hadn't had Twitch during the first Ghoul event I'd need a new monitor, but I got all the Encrypted Journals while regularly maintaining top damage and thanks to predictable bounty mechanics was also usually almost to the next waypoint before the game actually identified it. GG Peripheral vision GG *Wonders why I'm still pretty burned out on the plains*