Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Almagnus1

Fire Blast needs to be a Bullet Shield

One change that would **DRASTICALLY** improve Ember is making her Fire Blast a bullet shield, taking precedence from Frost and Volt.

That one addition would turn all of the changes for Ember in 22.12 into a more complete rework.

Disagree on the principle of giving Ember a defensive ability. As far as I can tell she is designed both theme and kit-wise to be a damage caster frame. She slugs fire at enemies and deals/buffs damage. That is what her design should be with any changes to her.

I haven't (for obvious reasons) experienced the latest remastering update. That being said if something was to be done for her 3, it increasing projectile heat-damage when shot through would be a potential option. Remains in-line with her theme and allows for some additional game play choice. My mistake. I just re-read her Wiki page and it states her Flame ring adds 50% heat damage to projectiles shot through it.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

Disagree on the principle of giving Ember a defensive ability. As far as I can tell she is designed both theme and kit-wise to be a damage caster frame. She slugs fire at enemies and deals/buffs damage. That is what her design should be with any changes to her.

I haven't (for obvious reasons) experienced the latest remastering update. That being said if something was to be done for her 3, it increasing projectile heat-damage when shot through would be a potential option. Remains in-line with her theme and allows for some additional game play choice. My mistake. I just re-read her Wiki page and it states her Flame ring adds 50% heat damage to projectiles shot through it.

If you haven't played Ember since 22.12, please go do so and come back with your experiences.

Her main survivability with Firequake is not viable anymore because polearms have a longer reach than WoF does...  so unless you're willing to try a max range build, Firequake isn't really worth building towards because the WoF radius is just so small now.

12 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Her main survivability with Firequake is not viable anymore

I've played Ember since early 2014 on this account. Her Firequake didn't exist back then, Overheat had just been removed and replaced with Accelerant. People were, and still are, wanting Overheat back as it provided base damage reduction, and DE have consistently not done that. For good or bad.

However, as somebody who has been playing her this long, her survivability never was in Firequake, it was always in Accelerant, able to instantly stun enemies, cheap and re-castable, a mini Radial Blind that also amped up fire damage.

It always had more range than World on Fire, and was always more reliable at high level. We learned to play around that fact, by using movement and cover, the knock-back from Fire Blast, and the DPS boost, not the CC, from WoF to turn crowds of enemies into dead enemies, which is the best CC there is.

All Fire Quake ever allowed you to do was not cast Accelerant as your main source of survivability. Whereas Accelerant has always been there, and is still just as good as it's always been.

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

I've played Ember since early 2014 on this account. Her Firequake didn't exist back then, Overheat had just been removed and replaced with Accelerant. People were, and still are, wanting Overheat back as it provided base damage reduction, and DE have consistently not done that. For good or bad.

However, as somebody who has been playing her this long, her survivability never was in Firequake, it was always in Accelerant, able to instantly stun enemies, cheap and re-castable, a mini Radial Blind that also amped up fire damage.

It always had more range than World on Fire, and was always more reliable at high level. We learned to play around that fact, by using movement and cover, the knock-back from Fire Blast, and the DPS boost, not the CC, from WoF to turn crowds of enemies into dead enemies, which is the best CC there is.

All Fire Quake ever allowed you to do was not cast Accelerant as your main source of survivability. Whereas Accelerant has always been there, and is still just as good as it's always been.

Fire quake was never that reliable for cc. If a player can't survive now, they couldn't survive before 

It would be cool if fire blast reduced damage if you were in the circle, and I do think it would make the rework feel more complete. The idea is the fire ring is melting the projectiles, not unbelievable in my mind.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Fire quake was never that reliable for cc. If a player can't survive now, they couldn't survive before 

IIrc, firequake is hard CC due to the knockdown which affects all enemy types outside of bosses, and Ancient healer buffed units alog with  a handful of eximus units as well.

Accelerant won't affect any of those units that Firequake can, hence why it iwas used forsurvivability on top of not needing LOS for usage.

1 hour ago, Aegni said:

Accelerant won't affect any of those units that Firequake can, hence why it iwas used forsurvivability on top of not needing LOS for usage.

The only CC that affects those units (besides bosses) is animation based CC such as Stomp, Avalanche and so on, ones that put them in an actual different state. The only thing that Firequake did over Accelerant was the knock-down, and it did it on a smaller range and all explosions occur sequentially, not simultaneously as Accelerant does.

The point being that if you want to knock something down, then cast Accelerant first, and run in with your Firequake a little closer instead of standing still like a lemon on the Defense or Interception point. The CC is better overall.

Movement is key. Accelerant isn't line-of sight, like a lot of CC abilities can be, and World on Fire prioritises the closest threats to you. If you want to get the Bombard in a clump of enemies, you still have to run into the enemies to get close enough for the ability to hit it. If you're moving and running in anyway, why not actually stagger them so they aren't shooting while you do it?

Oh, and a decent build with Ember can have you hitting fire buffs against enemies around 560% with Accelerant, which means that your little Firequake, instead of hitting for 900 or so damage like it did before, can now hit 10,080 per explosion and that's before getting a Rhino/Octavia buff.

Cast Accelerant often, Firequake when you're in close. Or toggle it on and off, that works too.

I'd like Fire Blast to reduce incoming damage on enemy ranged bullets/projectiles/beams that pass through it. That way it benefits the team and not just slap another personal damage reduction buff on Ember.

3 hours ago, Aegni said:

IIrc, firequake is hard CC due to the knockdown which affects all enemy types outside of bosses, and Ancient healer buffed units alog with  a handful of eximus units as well.

yeah, but it was random. It helped, but it wasnt THAT much of a game changer for Ember. Its not like she was stun locking rooms full of enemies.

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

The only CC that affects those units (besides bosses) is animation based CC such as Stomp, Avalanche and so on, ones that put them in an actual different state. The only thing that Firequake did over Accelerant was the knock-down, and it did it on a smaller range and all explosions occur sequentially, not simultaneously as Accelerant does.

The point being that if you want to knock something down, then cast Accelerant first, and run in with your Firequake a little closer instead of standing still like a lemon on the Defense or Interception point. The CC is better overall.

Movement is key. Accelerant isn't line-of sight, like a lot of CC abilities can be, and World on Fire prioritises the closest threats to you. If you want to get the Bombard in a clump of enemies, you still have to run into the enemies to get close enough for the ability to hit it. If you're moving and running in anyway, why not actually stagger them so they aren't shooting while you do it?

Oh, and a decent build with Ember can have you hitting fire buffs against enemies around 560% with Accelerant, which means that your little Firequake, instead of hitting for 900 or so damage like it did before, can now hit 10,080 per explosion and that's before getting a Rhino/Octavia buff.

Cast Accelerant often, Firequake when you're in close. Or toggle it on and off, that works too.

Not really relevant to go into th whole shpeal since I am very sure everyone can read tooltips and do the basic math.

The point of the matter is why people dislike the current version of firequake.

8 hours ago, Aegni said:

The point of the matter is why people dislike the current version of firequake.

Eh, you're not wrong.

Of course, the reason why people dislike the current version of Firequake literally boils down to 'where's my CC?' and the answer is 'You have to move a little more, or cast her actual CC ability'.

DE: let's increase player-interaction by giving nerkoz #3 a toggle change, so players can play the game more often rather than spamming #3. 

DE: let's increase player-interaction by putting this to ember so players got to toggle on and off #4 to use the 100% coverage effectively, when the range reduce to half over 7seconds. So players have more to keep track off.

Hmmm so weird...