Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth multiplier doesn't work properly.

[DE]Grzegorz

Only basic, quick and rudimentary testing has been executed so far though the results seem to be consistent and predictable, the stealth multiplier offers unexpected amounts of XP bonus.

Grineer Elite Lancers on Adaro, Sedna will be used as testing subjects. Xp boosters weren't used.

According to scaling formula provided on the wiki: Current Affinity = Base Affinity × ( 1 + Current Level0.5 × 0.1425 ) , which is generally considered to be accurate as well as levels of enemies in the node the Elite Lancer should reward 270; 272; 274; 276 or 278 affinity per kill for level 32, 33, 34, 35 and 36 Grineer Lancer respectively. It matches what can be seen in game:

uFG0zHr.png

However, once we get 100% bonus from first stealth kill, we should expect 540-586 affinity per kill, which we do get...

LNnp8Gb.png

...and plenty more?

1360 is exactly 5x as much as 272, but that should be either 400 or 500% stealth bonus.

At 200% we get...

MDq5OUt.png

1644, which is 6x as much as 274 (acceptable base variance).

At 300% we get 1890

dPkLnEx.png

which is 7x 270 (lancer lv32)

We can start to see a pattern emerge.

At 400% we expect to see 8x multiplier...

ZuFFVEB.png

276x8

And finally, at 500% we should expect 9x base xp multiplier...

FAFkNnS.png

Which we do get. However every kill after that results in higher XP multiplier of x10 though I might've simply shifted the xp gains and stealth multiplier bonus by accident.

ysz9e6k.png

We can clearly see that stealth multiplier seems to use base affinity*(5+(bonus level)) formula for some reason, resulting in the first stealth kill giving full 500% XP bonus and final bonus results in affinity being increased tenfold.

It is arguable whether the UI doesn't reflect the bonus properly or the stealth affinity boost has been implemented incorrectly, however it needs a correction in the foreseeable future.

Yes, I noticed as well that I got a stupidly large number from the first stealth kill, but I didn't have the numbers to back it up like you, so great job there.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Welp, it was nice while it lasted. 

RIP 

15 minutes ago, HydroidBestWaifu said:

Delet this, mah focus farm is in danger

If it's broken then it's broken and it should be fixed. By the looks of it, you two are the kind that would use cheats in games if given the opportunity. This is not that kind of game, and I prefer to get things done properly without having to rely on questionable duration crutches. 

51 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Yes, I noticed as well that I got a stupidly large number from the first stealth kill, but I didn't have the numbers to back it up like you, so great job there.

If it's broken then it's broken and it should be fixed. By the looks of it, you two are the kind that would use cheats in games if given the opportunity. This is not that kind of game, and I prefer to get things done properly without having to rely on questionable duration crutches. 

Have you ever capped focus daily with no sortie eximus? Have you EVER tried farming focus daily? Do you realise HOW many people didn't even bother with focus farm until eidolons came out? Nice try lumping us that tried to make the grind reasonable with cheaters.

Just now, Mad_NOORS said:

Have you ever capped focus daily with no sortie eximus? Have you EVER tried farming focus daily? Do you realise HOW many people didn't even bother with focus farm until eidolons came out? Nice try lumping us that tried to make the grind reasonable with cheaters.

Focus != Stealth

Abusing stealth is one way to make focus farm bearable as the system as a whole seems to be completely abandoned in not even half-finished state, but there's thread about that already.

Currently the stealth multiplier is bugged, whether DE reduces the XP gains or changes the UI element is up to them.

7 hours ago, Mad_NOORS said:

No, I don't even play this game for like 3.5 years, so I wouldn't know....

I have lenses or greater lenses on pretty much every single piece of gear that I use. Gathered of course with constant work over the years. And that brings me to the initial point. I don't need some tricks to do this, when I worked constantly for a long time towards these goals. A mentality someone as yourself better gain as well, if you want to play more than a few months.

On 2/18/2018 at 5:55 PM, -N7-Leonhart said:

Can't blame them really, the system is garbage.

19 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

No, I don't even play this game for like 3.5 years, so I wouldn't know....

I have lenses or greater lenses on pretty much every single piece of gear that I use. Gathered of course with constant work over the years. And that brings me to the initial point. I don't need some tricks to do this, when I worked constantly for a long time towards these goals. A mentality someone as yourself better gain as well, if you want to play more than a few months.

You'd have to to get through all the garbage to get to the good stuff :)