Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez23

Why did they bother?

Im usually not the sort to complain about things like this, and i certainly never had any reason to complain about Ash's bladestorm before. in fact it is one one of my favorite warframe abilities, and up until today ive always found it very satisfying to use, especially when surrounded by hordes of enemies.

having had a go with the reworked bladestorm, i cant help but feel extremely disapointed, not just by the severity of the changes and how they affect my personal playstyle, but more because of the whining idiots who wanted changes made to something that was already perfectly fine (if slightly flawed) in the first place.

So, the way the new bladestorm works is similar to how it was before (i.e press 4 once to mark your targets, then again to activate it) eccept rather than you being teleported between all the enemies, it has ash's "clones" do everything for you, leaving you free to run around and crack on with the objective or whatever*.

Now, this was supposed to make the gameplay alot smoother and less abruptive, as one of the major "comlpaints" with bladestorm was that you're basically stuck waiting for it to finish while ash hops around stabbing things in the face. however, for me at least, its become more of a stop and start afair and, if anything, feels alot slower and more awkward as a result, especially when you are surounded and/or being shot at.

With bladestorm as it was (and should be!) youd be able to take most of them out almost instantly, and have way more fun doing it. In fact, in my opinion, the previous form of bladestorm was pretty much perfect because not only did you have the pleasuse of taking out multiple enemies at once, but you could select as many or as few as you wished (1at a time if you liked!) with the same satisfying result.

And this for me is the big difference with this new bladestorm, and why it is so disapointing. Where as before you were fully imersed in the action (watching ash strike down enemies with all the power and precision youd expect from a superpowered space ninja), now you are basically sidelined while the ash clones do all the work, and all the satisfaction has been completely sucked out of it! I'd be very surprised if anyone actually likes this rework, and i would really like my bladestorm back to its former glory asap!

thanks for reading guys and please tell me what you think...

(*before anyone asks, i am aware that you are supposed to be able to join in using teleport. FYI, i have tried it and it doesn't even work! and even if it does you have to time it perfectly, otherwise everyone's already dead by the time youve pressed 3)

Maybe not for an exclusive user of abilities like you seem to be, but this Bladestorm is not without benefits for a weapon user that wants extra performance and flow. Why would would want to be stuck in there for a long while,  when you can send the clones AND you get to do your own stuff, like killing even more enemies separately.

Now, I do understand what you mean by looking cool, I remember when I first got Ash like over 3 years ago and instantly fell in love with it. But it's not like that is completely gone, you can still see the animation if you want to see it, by using teleport on the marked enemies. But after you see it a few hundred times, it's nice to have the option to not see it anymore and just be more pragmatic about the gameplay.

I don't really play ash. Heck i don't even own him but i gotta agree.

But with everyone else so used to it now i think there should be a toggle in Ash's ability menu so you can switch between the new style and old style.

Win Win for everyone.

If your teleport isn't working then you might just be experiencing a bug, mine's been working fine. Not that I actually do it all that often, I'd rather be playing the game normally in that time. 

7 minutes ago, Wez23 said:

I'd be very surprised if anyone actually likes this rework

I actually do because it allows me to not only build up a combo counter, but I can also be fighting seperately with my own melee weapon and then can teleport into it if I feel things are too hairy. It's "former glory" as you call it could become stale to a lot of people and that was a very common complaint made in the forums since it was reworked from the first time.

Personally, I would have rather the Bladestorm move was scrapped for an exalted wristblade type move that made his other abilities cheaper while active.

I personally prefer it to be opt-in, but Teleport to do so feels really clunky. Try teleporting to a guy and just then your clone decides to butt in. Press 4 again during their assault to automatically put you on an "unoccupied" marked enemy for the cinematic experience would be better.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

I personally prefer it to be opt-in, but Teleport to do so feels really clunky. Try teleporting to a guy and just then your clone decides to butt in. Press 4 again during their assault to automatically put you on an "unoccupied" marked enemy for the cinematic experience would be better.

I agree. Or/and it could just be hold 4 to opt in. Teleporting is too clunky compared to what we had before. I appreciate the new mode, but we could easily have the best of both worlds