Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does it seem like people chat less in game now?

FuzzyNerfGiraffe

I don't know, I am becoming more chatty as I don't really have to pay all that close attention to the game.  In fact, today I was joking about how horrible of shot I was with a Lenz and Chroma.  I kept self damaging for some reason...

I honestly don't know if the squad got the joke.  They seemed very 'gaming is serious business' types.

Could be multiple reasons

1. They can't be bothered to type/zoned out

2. The joke wasn't that funny

3.They don't like your playstyle/cheese gear

Have to remember that this game attracts thousands of people - can't really expect to have a full dialogue with someone just passing by

Why would I chat with some players in a 5 minute pub game I am very likely never going to meet again?  And there is nothing crucial in the game that needs to be told through chatting/typing unless it's bug-related or a rare containers.

Clanmates I communicate with all the time, through typing which we can do fast enough. For some, talking is such a bother when you come home from work/school, you just want to lay your vocal cords to rest for the rest of the day.

Also, some people have terrible quality mics, all I hear is static garbled noise that almost passes as a human voice. I muted mics volume for that reason.

Edited by MystMan