Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Midas [gold elemental]-wip[2/27]

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Midas the everlasting, the pure, the Golden

Spoiler

originally I designed the frame with a kungfu , fighter style in mind that uses molten gold , with help its further developed 

Mechanic development 

Innate counter concepts

Spoiler

Counter specific to one of these factors is derived and is utilized for the kit  

1. enemies turned to gold add their HP to counter gauge number
  2. picking up credits adds to counter
  3. enemies turned to gold add add # to counter

these are suggested ways for the counter mechanic to work 

Passive [WIP]

Spoiler

touch of gold:

physical contact with midas causes enemies to freeze into golden statues 

or

drop of gold

enemies slain under golden statue effect have drop credits

Powers

1:Golden Fury

Spoiler

casting is tapping power button, single taps causes midas to punch and kick

• first to tap casts are punches
  • 3rd tap cast triggers a kick
  • 4rth delivers a spinning kick
  • charge hit 
  • while liquid gold is up punches drain stack % and throw molten gold blobs that deal heat damage and slow enemies, kicks can deal aoe golden statue affect 5 meter on contact with one enemy at minimum

2:Ziato Regalia

Spoiler

casting is a toggle , midas basically is encased in molten gold  that is perpetually liquid state over his body

• while active causes the use of the stack counter for other powers that dont innately pull from it
  • drains stack % and applies a base over-health to midas
  • if Midas over-health is damaged, drops golden health orbs that allies can use to restore their own health at a % of his own lost overhealth
  •  enemies damaged in gold statue form grant over health to him while active to a % cap

3-Armor of Oro

Spoiler

drains stack at a constant % , applies damage reduction up to 80% 

being damaged by heat applies heat damage to weapons

being damaged by shock grants energy

4:Chrysos Crisis 

Spoiler
  • charge cast 0-100 hit once to start charging power hit again to release at desired %
  • percent of charge reflects drain of stack
  • if no stack, deals a 5 meter range 
  • two form casts A & B
  • enemies hit by wave are damaged by heat
  • enemies will slowly freeze into golden statues that lose armor by a % factor
  •  A cast- casting while running releases causes him to releases a blast  of molten gold from his body in aimed direction, causing enemies in the direction have the affects applied from Chrysos Crisis 
  • B cast- charge casting while stationary release a 360 AOE blast that applies the affects of Chrysos Crisis 

Concept Art:

Spoiler

DWWp9PXUMAEc7cm.jpg

wip 3d model

DWWp9PZVMAAwHev.jpg

Thank you -to those who help improve the concept

Spoiler
  • blazeshadow44
  • (PS4)ArtPrince17
  • (Xbox One)kr1sPYDonuts

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
new setup

well it looks interesting but midus sounds way too much like nidus

i think calling him midas would work better (for i think based on the name and the gold theme this is based on the legend of king midas (if you think midas would not work because it is too connected to the legend well we have atlas (the guy tasked with carrying the earth on his back in greek mythology), titania and oberon (queen and king of the fairies in shakespearian legends), wukong (the monkey king (if i remember correctly) from journey to the west), nezha (also from journey to the west) banshee (an creature of irish legends that screams when someone dies), loki (norse trickster (not technically a) god), excalibur (the legendary sword from arthurian legends (galatine is its sister sword and rivals its power (think about that))) and these are only the warframes that share their name with a legend i could find real quick (exept for galatine, that was just some trivia)))

4 hours ago, NeoSmile said:

well it looks interesting but midus sounds way too much like nidus

i think calling him midas would work better (for i think based on the name and the gold theme this is based on the legend of king midas (if you think midas would not work because it is too connected to the legend well we have atlas (the guy tasked with carrying the earth on his back in greek mythology), titania and oberon (queen and king of the fairies in shakespearian legends), wukong (the monkey king (if i remember correctly) from journey to the west), nezha (also from journey to the west) banshee (an creature of irish legends that screams when someone dies), loki (norse trickster (not technically a) god), excalibur (the legendary sword from arthurian legends (galatine is its sister sword and rivals its power (think about that))) and these are only the warframes that share their name with a legend i could find real quick (exept for galatine, that was just some trivia)))

that name is the intent but i was trying to make a variation that sounds similar 

ill just make it midas if it is confusing people 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

On 2/19/2018 at 12:25 AM, NeoSmile said:

wukong (the monkey king (if i remember correctly) from journey to the west), nezha (also from journey to the west)

Nezha had minor roles in Journey to the West. The most well known story in which Nezha is a part is the story of his sacrifice after angering the Dragon of the East so that his family and friends may live.

9 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Nezha had minor roles in Journey to the West. The most well known story in which Nezha is a part is the story of his sacrifice after angering the Dragon of the East so that his family and friends may live.

thank you for this knowledge

i am not that well known with their legends so i did not know this yet (all i knew was that Wukong bested Nezha and they worked together afterwards)

14 hours ago, blazeshadow44 said:

Look up king midas.  less chinese to make sense.  plus fourth kinda leave him vulnerable and have to get very close.  i would see such a frame as this as a support and CC, with loot properties.

whats with the less chines part?

many of our frames have oriental themed design even atlas whos a greek mythos 

i dont see any issue with the design if thats your point 

It sounds cool, but impractical as hell. It would work in the game. Some things just don't make sense, something is completely un-thematic. You have the concept, now you just have to build off of it. Midas is a good start but you went in the wrong direction.

The passive is what I mean. I doesn't make sense at all for someone who profits from everything the undertake. Needs to be more thematic and also useful. Additionally, DE always rejects innate resistance to damage types.

1st ability is alright at best but lacks any detail into it to determine if it's actually effective or not.

2nd ability is just a copy of Landslide but it's not as good.

3rd ability is good... but does have its issues (I'll explain shortly).

4th is also okay at best, and feels like it's a solid toggled weapon ultimate.

But as for the whole concept, it's not that good. The base you used, being Midas actually had some solid potential, but you made it uninteresting and generic. I also feel that Midas lacks any survivability for a melee oriented Frame. Gold is a fairly soft metal. If you've heard of the saying "Midas touch", you should probably work off of that, make his touches grant profit while also freezing enemies and turning them to gold.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

It sounds cool, but impractical as hell. It would work in the game. Some things just don't make sense, something is completely un-thematic. You have the concept, now you just have to build off of it. Midas is a good start but you went in the wrong direction.

The passive is what I mean. I doesn't make sense at all for someone who profits from everything the undertake. Needs to be more thematic and also useful. Additionally, DE always rejects innate resistance to damage types.

1st ability is alright at best but lacks any detail into it to determine if it's actually effective or not.

But as for the whole concept, it's not that good. The base you used, being Midas actually had some solid potential, but you made it uninteresting and generic. I also feel that Midas lacks any survivability for a melee oriented Frame. Gold is a fairly soft metal. If you've heard of the saying "Midas touch", you should probably work off of that, make his touches grant profit while also freezing enemies and turning them to gold.

i created it generic as i see way to many overpowered concepts or some that dont fit so i started low to develop off 

i can furtehr improve it but unsure of the paths that should be developed he is supposed to be a kungfu combat styled frame but i could give him a large health pool and maybe over-health in conjunction with his midus touch passive if its designed right 

On 2/21/2018 at 7:51 AM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

^ I was in a rush and in public.  And with the Chinese part, there's only a couple with Chinese themes in their kit, that being nehza, Wukong, chroma deluxe skin (if that counts) and possibly Excalibur Umbria (in association of being a Chinese prime variant only).  What he said was what I was thinking as well, just did not have any time to explain.

2 hours ago, blazeshadow44 said:

^ I was in a rush and in public.  And with the Chinese part, there's only a couple with Chinese themes in their kit, that being nehza, Wukong, chroma deluxe skin (if that counts) and possibly Excalibur Umbria (in association of being a Chinese prime variant only).  What he said was what I was thinking as well, just did not have any time to explain.

ah well im writing a overhal and hope to have it out friday 

If you don't mind I have a suggestion for a new passive:

Midas Touch- Enemies hit by Midas's melee weapon are turned to gold for 3 seconds. During this time, golden enemies have their armor reduced by 25% and can "conduct" any electric status they may contract, as well as the statuses of electric-based damages (corrosive, magnetic, radiation). When an enemy that is gold dies, they shatter, dealing 150 damage to nearby enemies in a 5 meter radius, with a 50% chance of effecting damaged enemies with whatever status it may be conducting.  

Edited by (XB1)kr1sPYDonuts

20 hours ago, blazeshadow44 said:

Im glad to hear it.  you can do it!

ok so heres the overhaul cocnepts i had going after rethinking this frame 

Passive 

touch of gold:

physical contact with midas causes enemies to freeze into golden statues 

or

drop of gold

enemies slain under golden statue effect have drop credits

Mechanic development 

innate counter concepts

Spoiler

Counter specific to one of these factors is derived and is utilized for the kit  

1. enemies turned to gold add their HP to counter gauge number
  2. picking up credits adds to counter
  3. enemies turned to gold add add # to counter

names used is gold in other languages

Powers 

Golden Fury

casting is tapping power button, single taps causes midas to punch and kick

• first to tap casts are punches
  • 3rd tap cast triggers a kick
  • 4rth delivers a spinning kick
  • while liquid gold is up punches drain stack % and throw molten gold blobs that deal heat damage and slow enemies, kicks can deal aoe golden statue affect 5 meter on contact with one enemy at minimum

Ziato Regalia

casting is a toggle , midas basically is encased in molten gold  that is perpetually liquid state over his body

• while active causes the use of the stack counter for other powers that dont innately pull from it
  • drains stack % and applies a base over-health to midas
  • if Midas over-health is damaged, drops golden health orbs that allies can use to restore their own health at a % of his own lost overhealth
  •  enemies damaged in gold statue form grant over health to him while active to a % cap

Armor of ORO

drains stack at a constant % , applies damage reduction up to 80% 

being damaged by heat applies heat damage to weapons

being damaged by shock grants energy

Chrysos Crisis 

• charge cast 0-100 hit once to start charging power hit again to release at desired %
  • percent of charge reflects drain of stack
  • if no stack, deals a 5 meter range 
  • two form casts A & B
  • enemies hit by wave are damaged by heat
  • enemies will slowly freeze into golden statues that lose armor by a % factor

A cast- casting while running releases causes him to releases a blast  of molten gold from his body in aimed direction, causing enemies in the direction have the affects applied from Chrysos Crisis 

B charge casting while stationary release a 360 AOE blast that applies the affects of Chrysos Crisis 

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)kr1sPYDonuts said:

If you don't mind I have a suggestion for a new passive:

Midas Touch- Enemies hit by Midas's melee weapon are turned to gold for 3 seconds. During this time, golden enemies have their armor reduced by 25% and can "conduct" any electric status they may contract, as well as the statuses of electric-based damages (corrosive, magnetic, radiation). When an enemy that is gold dies, they shatter, dealing 150 damage to nearby enemies in a 5 meter radius, with a 50% chance of effecting damaged enemies with whatever status it may be conducting.  

i was thinking something similar to this actually on the physical contact by him or to him causes a gold statue proc , but not as elaborate 

Looking at the later variation (the revamped version of the main thread) made this sound really compelling to me.

His passive is usable even if not struck by melee (I assume it's like the Volt augment where just bumping into them applies the effect) there isn't just one way to freeze enemies into gold statues, I assume that the hand-to-hand stuff is like Atlas's Landslide but with greater range and slightly faster (if Landslide wasn't fast enough already) and an AOE that ends in gold statues, like Frost but with Gara's freezing effects. Of course the burn applied would only last moments but still...

What if recasting his 4th did no damage to already frozen targets, but if hit again stacked time onto the counter? An augment that makes a hazard on the ground that freezes enemies that touch it and slows the depletion of the timer for frozen enemies and maybe stack armor for allies?

Also, how will mods effect his abilities? What will be his "personality" in his animation sets? I imagine Noble to make him look royal, kingly, the special part of it being flicking a little gold dust off his fingers? Agile might be this "I'm kind of bored, I have this power but what am I to do with it" type feel? 

I'm not sure your ideals, but having gotten a lot of negativity on my form post about a frame based on King Midas, I really want to see this idea float instead of sink...

1 hour ago, PhoenixOfTheLost said:

Looking at the later variation (the revamped version of the main thread) made this sound really compelling to me.

His passive is usable even if not struck by melee (I assume it's like the Volt augment where just bumping into them applies the effect) there isn't just one way to freeze enemies into gold statues, I assume that the hand-to-hand stuff is like Atlas's Landslide but with greater range and slightly faster (if Landslide wasn't fast enough already) and an AOE that ends in gold statues, like Frost but with Gara's freezing effects. Of course the burn applied would only last moments but still...

What if recasting his 4th did no damage to already frozen targets, but if hit again stacked time onto the counter? An augment that makes a hazard on the ground that freezes enemies that touch it and slows the depletion of the timer for frozen enemies and maybe stack armor for allies?

Also, how will mods effect his abilities? What will be his "personality" in his animation sets? I imagine Noble to make him look royal, kingly, the special part of it being flicking a little gold dust off his fingers? Agile might be this "I'm kind of bored, I have this power but what am I to do with it" type feel? 

I'm not sure your ideals, but having gotten a lot of negativity on my form post about a frame based on King Midas, I really want to see this idea float instead of sink...

yes basically the golden touch applies on any physical contact , though im unsure if that should be by him as with a whip melee he could be kinda cheesy in terms of sue 

i am unsure of the timer mechanic as if everything stays frozen in gold it seems again cheesy , but then i always try to design concepts on a low bar tot hen raise them up

personally i see him as i showed him standing tall and golden , maybe flicking golden globs from his finger or dust i dunno 

yea kinda why i always leave my frames open to editing, many concepts are either to OP or dont flit to lore outright so i tried designing this one to base wise fit lore and mechanics and coding to a simpler method if needed 

Mako, it has a lot of potential, but it's still not there yet.

I still think it's way generic. Especially for you, considering how creative you are. I saw it in Xenon's concept, which is a shame, because you didn't do anything with it. I also think you're making the concept way more complicated than it should be, which conflicts with how simple and generic you're trying to make it, which makes it... confusing?

It's not bad at all either, but it is hard to understand. At least in this format, that is. It's because of the way you're describing the abilities, and how it's said as though the reader already knows what you're talking about. So, let's go over it again.

Passive - I like the credit based one more. Mainly because Midas Touch is just a better (overpowered) version of Frost's Cryogenic Passive. I do have some suggestion for tweaking. But that'd require tweaking his entire kit.

1ST - It's good for a first, but it's a slightly better copy of Atlas's Landslide. I'd hope to see something that clearly divides the two.

2ND - Really good, and pretty unique. But gold is technically a soft metal, so how good would it scale?

3RD - It's a buff and damage reduction? Why? I feel like giving over-health and then damage reduction is redundant, and would probably make Midas too tanky.

4TH - It's alright, but underwhelming for an ultimate.

He's not inherently bad, but I'd really like to see more. I'd touch on what I'd like to see but... surprise me!

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes basically the golden touch applies on any physical contact , though im unsure if that should be by him as with a whip melee he could be kinda cheesy in terms of sue 

i am unsure of the timer mechanic as if everything stays frozen in gold it seems again cheesy , but then i always try to design concepts on a low bar tot hen raise them up

personally i see him as i showed him standing tall and golden , maybe flicking golden globs from his finger or dust i dunno 

yea kinda why i always leave my frames open to editing, many concepts are either to OP or dont flit to lore outright so i tried designing this one to base wise fit lore and mechanics and coding to a simpler method if needed 

I see where you stand and like the fact that you aren't a fan of OP frames, but by this point it's pretty par for the course. Maybe melee shouldn't take advantage of his passive, or melee has a near precentage to proc his passive? Maybe melee with greater base range (like whips) freeze for a far shorter time than say some of the more in-your-face melee weapons (like sparing) as a way to punish people who use those whip builds and stuff.

I'm always a person to shun the more powerful frames and weapons, but I also embrace them when it comes to tedious tasks and I can't be bothered. I still use Zephyr pre-patch on ps4 and enjoy it. I like birds, I like her Tennogen and I enjoy mobility with the added bonus of her not being able to fit into the meta.

I normally would say "super powerful is super bad" but variables and specifics matter in balance. Gara's passive only works in bright light, Atlas while airborne, Mess is half pistol based and not having a melee, Nova is on knockdown, Volt is running around grants extra damage on the next shot and if you were to copy something like Frost's passive you may want a variable or two as well to encourage not using those really annoying whip builds. Maybe make it something like you have a 40-50% chance for it to activate and less so on melee. Like a 20-30% chance?

It's nice to keep things simple at first but you may need a few variables here and there like how to balance a powerful passive, how much damage abilities do, base duration of effects and so on. Maybe how things behave like how his 4th would work. Frost's form of it works like a scan and hits enemies while allies (radiation proc or not) remain unaffected while Gara has her ring expand and I'll describe it as a projectile (instead of scanning like Frost, anything that gets caught in it's wake that it can freeze will be frozen be it allies with radiation procs or not) and I honestly prefer Gara's version because it warrants caution since you can be in a sortie and you suddenly find that you aren't getting energy, just to find out you made the team's Trinity a statue 30 seconds ago because she had a radiation proc and you weren't paying attention. It makes it something you can't use freely because you may end up carrying a teammate to extraction (speaking metaphorically of course) because you weren't careful when using abilities.

I remember the time a slow Nova managed to catch me and I was pretty helpless for a while...

15 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Mako, it has a lot of potential, but it's still not there yet.

I still think it's way generic. Especially for you, considering how creative you are. I saw it in Xenon's concept, which is a shame, because you didn't do anything with it. I also think you're making the concept way more complicated than it should be, which conflicts with how simple and generic you're trying to make it, which makes it... confusing?

It's not bad at all either, but it is hard to understand. At least in this format, that is. It's because of the way you're describing the abilities, and how it's said as though the reader already knows what you're talking about. So, let's go over it again.

Passive - I like the credit based one more. Mainly because Midas Touch is just a better (overpowered) version of Frost's Cryogenic Passive. I do have some suggestion for tweaking. But that'd require tweaking his entire kit.

1ST - It's good for a first, but it's a slightly better copy of Atlas's Landslide. I'd hope to see something that clearly divides the two.

2ND - Really good, and pretty unique. But gold is technically a soft metal, so how good would it scale?

3RD - It's a buff and damage reduction? Why? I feel like giving over-health and then damage reduction is redundant, and would probably make Midas too tanky.

4TH - It's alright, but underwhelming for an ultimate.

He's not inherently bad, but I'd really like to see more. I'd touch on what I'd like to see but... surprise me!

warfarmes imo  are supposed to be generic , because most i see are over the top  never make it as a warframe. not every part of a frame needs to be overly powerful or complicated , having to much to do to maintain or use a frame can kill its effectiveness in combat 

the counter mechanic   functions much like nidus to make it so certain aspects dont rely solely on energy and can be used on command

passive is as i said a either or scenario 

as ive said hes simply a combat frame  , hes ment to be physical and punch and kick to achieve his combat style that was the intent of the design atlas is a puncher , midas is punch and kicks , they are both physical combat style but different in implementation 

the 2 mechanic i though was unique enough as no warframe currently utilities overhealth

the 3 is a placeholder as i couldnt really think of anything not overly powerful , possibly utilize overhealth in tangent to this power in some sort of affect i dunno 

4 is more for cc and utility and damage intermixed and can be adjusted on demand