Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Throwing melee no longer can go through nullifier bubbles with or without punchthrough.

Versa

Exactly as the title says, throwing melee are now immediately deflected or detonated on the outside of Nullifier bubbles instead of being able to actually be used to deal with the nullifier as has been the case for the last several YEARS. Im not certain if this is a bug or a "fix" but it needs to be returned back. This has been a large feature of the entire line of weapons for as long as i can remember. I Have explicitly confirmed it with both punchthrough and without on the glaive and the Kestrel and the effect is the same. I seriously hope this isnt actually intended to stay like this and turn the weapons from being a good way of handling nullifiers, to being practically useless against them because of their short reach and only one throw at a time.

12 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

Exactly as the title says, throwing melee are now immediately deflected or detonated on the outside of Nullifier bubbles instead of being able to actually be used to deal with the nullifier as has been the case for the last several YEARS. Im not certain if this is a bug or a "fix" but it needs to be returned back. This has been a large feature of the entire line of weapons for as long as i can remember. I Have explicitly confirmed it with both punchthrough and without on the glaive and the Kestrel and the effect is the same. I seriously hope this isnt actually intended to stay like this and turn the weapons from being a good way of handling nullifiers, to being practically useless against them because of their short reach and only one throw at a time.

a thrown melee weapon is a projectile. nullifiers are supposed to block projectiles. its a fix

Edited by Ragingwasabi

1 minute ago, Xion said:

Didn't they do this shortly after they released the Kulstar and was instantly killing nullifiers like 2 years ago?

I have seen it properly passing into and allowing me to detonate inside the bubble until just after this recent update with all the weapon and warframe changes. It required you to have punchthrough, from either the dual wield or the mod, but it had still worked until a bit over a week ago when I was last using it against them.

6 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

a thrown melee weapon is a projectile. nullifiers are supposed to block projectiles. its a fix

It has been the case that the entire throwing melee series has been able to to so from practically the beginning, and considering that was what its primary use case was for quite a long time, other than self damage, its not really reasonable to just entirely change the an entire class of weapons to not be able to serve their known function. This change basically turns throwing melee from the best anti nully melee to one of the worst in most cases just above daggers. This is only going to make all the high range galatines, whips, and polearms even MORE useful than this already fairly underutilized weapons. You don't just entirely re-purpose an item to be the opposite of how it has been until now.

Edited by Kurayami_No_Yenshi

24 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

they can if its an unintended bug

This exact statement is used to shut people down and as a cop out to justify practically anything. In this case it is a feature that people have made use of for close to four years now and being the sole saving grace of the line of weapons for most of that time, so no it is not exactly unintended or it could have been addressed long before this when it was even more necessary against nullifiers, being the sole item that could deal with them efficiently in their older state. This is both entirely unnecessary and makes the weapon not useful for some of the things people inherently take is as being useful for as thats what they have used to for before.

20 hours ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

This exact statement is used to shut people down and as a cop out to justify practically anything. In this case it is a feature that people have made use of for close to four years now and being the sole saving grace of the line of weapons for most of that time, so no it is not exactly unintended or it could have been addressed long before this when it was even more necessary against nullifiers, being the sole item that could deal with them efficiently in their older state. This is both entirely unnecessary and makes the weapon not useful for some of the things people inherently take is as being useful for as thats what they have used to for before.

Follow this logic to its end.

Is DE no longer allowed to fix anything if it benefitted the player in any way? Is there some sort of Statute of Limitations needed for bug fixes?

At this point, nullifier have unlocked a technology that even Orokins and Tenno are unaware off. The Nullifier shield

-Prevent any kind of projectile or hit to go through, you need to enter the "Corpus Safe zone" to put it down or aim at the drone.
-Cancel ANY power upon contact. "Oh, Your limbo was dancing on a total OTHER DIMENSION ? Feelsbadman, get forced back into the original dimension !"
-Flashy, at a certain point, when nullifiers are swarming, it's like being back in the 80's with disco parties.  At least, some Tennos do it aswell, but nonetheless.

As a High ranked crewman said one day "Yeeshepayoo  Yeshpopoyee !" 

Join Corpus today,  They know how to have fun.

30 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

At this point, nullifier have unlocked a technology that even Orokins and Tenno are unaware off. The Nullifier shield

-Prevent any kind of projectile or hit to go through, you need to enter the "Corpus Safe zone" to put it down or aim at the drone.
-Cancel ANY power upon contact. "Oh, Your limbo was dancing on a total OTHER DIMENSION ? Feelsbadman, get forced back into the original dimension !"
-Flashy, at a certain point, when nullifiers are swarming, it's like being back in the 80's with disco parties.  At least, some Tennos do it aswell, but nonetheless.

As a High ranked crewman said one day "Yeeshepayoo  Yeshpopoyee !" 

Join Corpus today,  They know how to have fun.

dont forget....5-10 nullifiers all ganged up together will be impossible to get thru lol

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Follow this logic to its end.

Is DE no longer allowed to fix anything if it benefitted the player in any way? Is there some sort of Statute of Limitations needed for bug fixes?

By this reasoning of immediately justifying any changes, does that mean that any change is also entirely above criticism? What I brought here was either to grab the attention to fix a feature that was unintentionally removed, or to also serve as my criticism to this being a negative change that I believe is bad for the item in question. Just as I am not immune to or above your criticism here in the forum, changes that I see and disagree with are also justifiable for me to criticize. I believe this is bad for this weapon and should be changed and all I can really do is present that, contesting for and hoping that it is changed to be able to do what it is expected to. The point being, nothing is above criticism.

Trying to devalue my argument by saying that "it was a fix so your point doesnt exist" is just ignoring the reason that I presented the view in the first place. It inherently makes the weapon less usable and more hazardous against a very large enemy that can now bounce it back and make it kill you instead, and that seems very much counter-intuitive to how it was before.

8 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

By this reasoning of immediately justifying any changes, does that mean that any change is also entirely above criticism? What I brought here was either to grab the attention to fix a feature that was unintentionally removed, or to also serve as my criticism to this being a negative change that I believe is bad for the item in question. Just as I am not immune to or above your criticism here in the forum, changes that I see and disagree with are also justifiable for me to criticize. I believe this is bad for this weapon and should be changed and all I can really do is present that, contesting for and hoping that it is changed to be able to do what it is expected to. The point being, nothing is above criticism.

Trying to devalue my argument by saying that "it was a fix so your point doesnt exist" is just ignoring the reason that I presented the view in the first place. It inherently makes the weapon less usable and more hazardous against a very large enemy that can now bounce it back and make it kill you instead, and that seems very much counter-intuitive to how it was before.

It's expected that all projectiles will bounce off the bubble. That glaives didn't was obviously outside the expected result and has been fixed. Now excuse me as I go collect my paycheck from DE.