Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game disappearing from Steam library | How to Fix

StrangeLettuce

Question

Uh, since my Steam kept removing WF from my library, I'll just make this thread in case someone else would need it.

If your game disappears from the library even though the store says its already in there, and hitting the 'Play' button asks you for confirmation to install it, don't.

To fix this without re-downloading, close steam first, then you'll need to edit your WF's appmanifest file named "appmanifest_230410" at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps. Open it with notepad then paste the following:
(Note: Don't forget replacing the "LastOwner" with your steamid64, you can get that in https://steamidfinder.com by pasting your steam profile URL in there.)

"AppState"
{
    "appid"        "230410"
    "Universe"        "1"
    "name"        "Warframe"
    "StateFlags"        "4"
    "installdir"        "Warframe"
    "LastUpdated"        "1513645168"
    "UpdateResult"        "0"
    "SizeOnDisk"        "23034406406"
    "buildid"        "2362179"
    "LastOwner"        "<replace with your steamid64>"
    "BytesToDownload"        "0"
    "BytesDownloaded"        "0"
    "AutoUpdateBehavior"        "0"
    "AllowOtherDownloadsWhileRunning"        "0"
    "UserConfig"
    {
        "language"        "english"
    }
    "InstalledDepots"
    {
        "230411"
        {
            "manifest"        "5301169201249491747"
        }
    }
    "MountedDepots"
    {
        "230411"        "5301169201249491747"
    }
    "InstallScripts"
    {
        "230411"        "installscript.vdf"
    }
}

So, based on my experience, Warframe will disappear from your library if you force shut down (holding down the power button or unplugging the power) your PC with Warframe still running. Each installed game has its own appmanifest file, and apparently, WF's would magically go blank so you have to put those text up there to restore it back to your library.

(Sorry with bad english, if I had.)

Hello Tennos, I know it's an old post but that happened to me nearly everyday and I got tired of fixing it. So I wrote a little fix that you can use ! You can find it here:

Warframe Steam Fixer

The source code is Open Source, feel free to fix, change, or implement anything you like. It's kinda basic right now, but does the job. Enjoy your game !

How to use:

Download the msi or exe file. Install it : you should have a link on your desktop named Warframe Fixer.

On 2018-07-20 at 7:35 AM, Meniole said:

Hello Tennos, I know it's an old post but that happened to me nearly everyday and I got tired of fixing it. So I wrote a little fix that you can use ! You can find it here:

Warframe Steam Fixer

The source code is Open Source, feel free to fix, change, or implement anything you like. It's kinda basic right now, but does the job. Enjoy your game !

How to use:

Download the msi or exe file. Install it : you should have a link on your desktop named Warframe Fixer.

Im not sure if this will work. I really don't want to risk it. (Yes im still having this issue in 2020.)

I know this is an old topic but this does not seem to work for me. The game file is there, i did rewrite the acf file but steam re-edits the acf file. should I place both the game file and manifest in common, the game file gets deleted and the acf file edited. If i paste the game file after i start the download, it just starts redownloading and the acf file is edited by steam again.

I'd appreciate if someone with the same issue and managed to fix it would reply.

This worked for me. I have inconsistent power and suffer the odd crash or two. . . . .

Everything as the instructions say but note: 1 Your user ID is probably of the form "username" NOT "<username>"

2 Be aware that if you install in other directories or drives do a window search ON THOSE DRIVES, not just "C:"

Maybe , like me you have your steam library on  "D:" drive or "E:" so . . search there . . be sure you have the right file, some files have names quite similar so check carefully

Thanks again for solution

I have had this happen 3 times. This is what happens When "Steam" will not Sync with its cloud based crap. Steam in return thinks your doing something funny to the game and will not accept it. I will have to leave steam up for a whole hour before its safe to close it. If im on the desktop and say a power outage happens than 70% chance that it will loose the data on warframe. I will try this if this guide should it happen again.

Remember the days when you did not need 3rd party clients to play games? Pepperidge farm remembers.

On 2018-02-19 at 2:49 AM, StrangeLettuce said:

On 2018-07-20 at 7:35 AM, Meniole said:

Warframe Steam Fixer

How to use:

Thankssss so much you realy saved me 

On 2018-07-20 at 1:35 AM, Meniole said:

Warframe Steam Fixer

How to use:

Scanned source and executables, Used with success and was back gaming in 5 minutes, thanks a bunch

Archived