Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minning and fishing should be removed from the game

FormatDriveC

Hello guys,

I decided to start this topics after i lost hours of minning to craft a amp ( fishing too ), ive trown like 3 hours minning and fishing just to arrive at cetus gate and get bugged, yeah i lost everything, so someone explain how this minning and fishing experience increase my gameplay, because right now i feel real mad. I had to stop my farm and lvling just to mine and fish and guess what i got nothing from it because of a stupid bug, im so happy now, best gamming experience ever.

please developers remove minning and fishing from the game, cetus is unstable, sometimes people disconect from bounties for no reason and when we leave cetus to open area without get a bounty the stupid town gate dont open. SO PLEASE REMOVE THIS FROM THE GAME, WHY IN NAME OF GOD MINE AND FISH IN THE GAME! wish i could just shot fish with my gun.

7 minutes ago, FormatDriveC said:

Hello guys,

I decided to start this topics after i lost hours of minning to craft a amp ( fishing too ), ive trown like 3 hours minning and fishing just to arrive at cetus gate and get bugged, yeah i lost everything, so someone explain how this minning and fishing experience increase my gameplay, because right now i feel real mad. I had to stop my farm and lvling just to mine and fish and guess what i got nothing from it because of a stupid bug, im so happy now, best gamming experience ever.

please developers remove minning and fishing from the game, cetus is unstable, sometimes people disconect from bounties for no reason and when we leave cetus to open area without get a bounty the stupid town gate dont open. SO PLEASE REMOVE THIS FROM THE GAME, WHY IN NAME OF GOD MINE AND FISH IN THE GAME! wish i could just shot fish with my gun.

okay idk where to start, minning isnt a word what your looking for is MINING, the topics you put in there shouldnt be plural, you dont 'shot a fish' you shoot it.... its thrown trown isnt a word, also your statment 'why in the name of god mine and fish... it should be why in the name of god IS minING and fishING in the game... i cant understand what your trying to say so please rephrase it 

Some people like it, it took a fair bit of effort to add, and it's a fairly well marketed feature.

I don't see it being removed.

Your problems, however, stem from the resource gathering itself. If you could get fish from doing normal missions, we wouldn't be having this argument right now. You'd just be out doing that.

The resources were made exclusive to the plains, because DE wanted Veterans to be unable to instantly burn through all the content due to their stockpiled resources.

But if you ask me, that doesn't mean they have to be limited to the niche mini-game activity, especially when the crafting results apply to outside the plains as well.

I personally be more glad if they add treasure hunt above all else. Like buying "map" from someone in Cetus, then buying a "shovel" or sort of and happy digging around the plains!

As for topic - stop demanding to kill the variety in game. To be honest (no offence, DE) the replayability of the game is low: killing mobs - very low, exploring - somewhat medium, leveling and advancing in gear and mainly developing character stats - insanely limited. So NO, enjoy fishing and mining.

Just now, FollowTheFaceless said:

I personally be more glad if they add treasure hunt above all else. Like buying "map" from someone in Cetus, then buying a "shovel" or sort of and happy digging around the plains!

As for topic - stop demanding to kill the variety in game. To be honest (no offence, DE) the replayability of the game is low: killing mobs - very low, exploring - somewhat medium, leveling and advancing in gear and mainly developing character stats - insanely limited. So NO, enjoy fishing and mining.

i love how you say this just as they intend to remove an entire feature of the game because 'it takes too much time to bugfix' when it hasent been patched all that often in the last few months

16 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

okay idk where to start, minning isnt a word what your looking for is MINING, the topics you put in there shouldnt be plural, you dont 'shot a fish' you shoot it.... its thrown trown isnt a word, also your statment 'why in the name of god mine and fish... it should be why in the name of god IS minING and fishING in the game... i cant understand what your trying to say so please rephrase it 

You're.

If you're going to slate somebodies grammar and spelling maybe sort your own out first.

Fishing and Mining in a game based on high mobility gun and swordplay is a chore. Add to this the bugs and crashes when attempting to exit the plains and the problems a host migration can cause with losing everything you've worked for? Yes, OP has valid concerns.

Just now, 2old4gamez said:

You're.

If you're going to slate somebodies grammar and spelling maybe sort your own out first.

Fishing and Mining in a game based on high mobility gun and swordplay is a chore. Add to this the bugs and crashes when attempting to exit the plains and the problems a host migration can cause with losing everything you've worked for? Yes, OP has valid concerns.

but then it wouldnt be a S#&$post

3 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Not forever. Dark Sector (despite how controversial it looks now) are returning in nearest future.

oh godness, lets not forget the feature that has been gone for totalling 3 years now and de throwing together about 4 hours worth of work to simply say 'oh but we have gotten work done itll be fine'....

Are you positive they're gone? Supposedly it auto-saves your inventory every time you mine/fish, so whilst you may have bugged at the gate and had to quit it's possible that the resources have still been moved to your inventory.

Also no, it won't be removed, you're delusional if you think it will.

Edited by DeMonkey

2 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

oh godness, lets not forget the feature that has been gone for totalling 3 years now and de throwing together about 4 hours worth of work to simply say 'oh but we have gotten work done itll be fine'....

I'm not saying it's good. Honestly I don't understand why they not ask the Design Council to "brainstorm" that mode.

16 minutes ago, 2old4gamez said:

You're.

Or ya know, rather then asking for features to be removed on the merits of a bug, how bout we just fix said bugs?

I'll never understand the "BUG BROKE GAME REMOVE X" crowd. It just makes no sense.

18 minutes ago, 2old4gamez said:

You're.

Somebody’s or someone’s.

20 minutes ago, 2old4gamez said:

If you're going to slate somebody’s grammar and spelling maybe sort your own out first.

Honestly I find mining and fishing to be a relaxing change of pace. 

I get that they aren't everyones jam tho so I can see the potential need for an alternative method to acquire them. That said you can trade for fish from other players, I don't know about gems/ore but I would think you probably could if you can trade fish.  

Like @DeMonkey said, check your inventory. The gates are only needed to save your progress for some things. (I think just resources and Sentient cores).

From the initial PoE patch notes (#4 in this case):

Saving your Progress on the Plains happens in a number of ways - most of which are automatic!

1) If you return to Cetus through the gates at any point, your mission concludes and all progress is saved.
2) If you return to your Landing Craft via the escape menu. 
3) All progress is automatically saved on completing Bounties or Incursions.
4) Fishing, Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used). 

Why would people (and why on your first post) ask DE to remove something just because they had a bad experience? 

I have lost a lot of rewards to host migrations in non PoE areas and had to learn to leave with it, the last one my Brakk BP which after many (many many) hours of farming had finally dropped. But I didnt come to the forums asking DE to remove hydron defense because I lost my hard earned BP, instead you should be asking them to fix it. 

Also some people might actually enjoy fishing or mining, I for instance prefer it before other things, I find it an excellent method to earn reputation, 10 minutes fishing and I have enough reputation for the day, sometimes I can get up to 45k in 15 minutes if I am lucky.

So if they removed it, how are you thinking you are gonna get easy rep?

Edited by (PS4)El_Senior_Fats