Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx

Ember is Squishy

The recent developments in Ember's kit has started to show just how alarmingly low her EHP is. It wouldn't hurt if maybe something can be done about that by offering her some form of damage reduction. Maybe it can be placed on her 4th somehow. Like as her range and efficiency decreases, her damage and damage reduction scales higher. Putting two negatives on her 4th doesn't seem too fair since other abilities don't have such restrictions and if they do, it's balanced by having something to counteract it that's reasonable. I think damage reduction would be that reasonable exception.

EDIT: Also...PLEASE fix her passive! It's just so situational. There has to be a way for her to proc it herself or atleast have it activate on enemies rather than herself.

I think ember is kind of emphasis on being on the offensive to stay alive.
If the enemies are dead before they touch her then it is 100% damage reduction.

Otherwise being a mobile fire bomb dispenser that is also tanky would kind of break the balance.

Not all frames have to be tanks with +90% damage resistance. Ember excels at stunning and knocking down everything around her. That helps her survivability quite a lot.

I never found WoF to be that great of a defensive ability even with the augment. She was always squishy if you didn't stay mobile

7 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

So is banshee, but ember has more reliable CC abilities to keep her alive. All you have to do is move around. 

6 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I think ember is kind of emphasis on being on the offensive to stay alive.
If the enemies are dead before they touch her then it is 100% damage reduction.

Otherwise being a mobile fire bomb dispenser that is also tanky would kind of break the balance.

5 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Not all frames have to be tanks with +90% damage resistance. Ember excels at stunning and knocking down everything around her. That helps her survivability quite a lot.

Aside from the five enemies at a time that WoF effects and with the decreased range on it which now dampens her from doing it more consistently, her other abilities only play so much in allowing her to CC consistently without spamming all of her abilities. All in all, her kit just isn't cohesive unless you exclusively spam Accelerant. I'm just asking for some synergy.

INB4 people claim not every frame has to have synergy. DE has said in the past that they want to aim for more synergy within a frame's kit.

Her fire doesn't do much to 2/3rd of the factions we face and that 250% damage increase for Accelerant can only do so much unless you integrate a larger emphasis on weapon usage when using her. Not to say you shouldn't use weapons with the plethora we have, but shouldn't her damage merit enough without them

I may not be the best Ember player or that I use her as much as others. But, I still like her. I've always enjoyed the concept of a fire mage in warframe and usning her at most times is more than enjoyable. But I just can't sit here and ignore some of the inconsistetsies of her other abilities. For instance, her Fire Blast knocks enemies back, but you get its full usage if you trap them inside. I'm not telling them to get rid of that eximus knockdown, we've been asking for that for years, but it wouldn't hurt to find a way to get them to find an incentive to want to come in, especially if they're ranged enemies.

And even if you're still having trouble. Quick Thinking is quite viable on Ember due to her energy pool. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx said:

Not to say you shouldn't use weapons with the plethora we have, but shouldn't her damage merit enough without them

Along with other warframes, Ember transitions from damage at the lower levels to CC at higher levels. If you take out all your STR and focus on range and efficiency. you can easily keep a room locked down. If your fighting level 50+ enemies, it would be fine if you have negative str. And use survivability mods. 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx said:

There has to be a way for her to proc it herself or atleast have it activate on enemies rather than herself.

hikou, concealed explosive + heat mod. XD but yeah, not a good way if you are squishy. They would probably do a pass on most of the passives sometime this year. (Speculation based on recent re balancing trend)

Ember has weak CC, her 2 only stuns for a max of 5 secs and depends on the target (it can be only 1 sec stun) and it is not affected by duration, her 3 is also mediocre for CC, she is not impressive stunning, rhino is impressive, equinox, nyx, nekros, vauban, loki, even harrow are better doing CC than ember because of the stun time she has it´s horrible, yes you can reach like 40 mt. with her stun, but 5 sec. so now she has to spam more than before trying to keep everyone on the ground or she dies at a sigth, and as WoF now costs twice to keep it or recast every 6 secs (more spam) she goes out of energy too fast.

This nerf it´s so bad and ridiculous, she still can do the same thing that new or mindless old players were  crying (afk low missions) but screw her end game where she already had some problems.

I have a feeling that people say "Ember is supposed to be a glass cannon!" are forgetting two things:
1. In order for Ember to do a hefty amount of damage, she needs to get nice and cozy with her enemies. Distance closing in Warframe is either done by not getting hit (either via CC or Invisibility), or by having so much EHP/ways to regen health that it doesn't matter if you take a hit. Ember's CC requires her to already be in the middle of a group of enemies, and even then it isn't particularly strong; buying you a second or two at most assuming you hit all targets. The second method of EHP/regen distance closing isn't viable at all with Ember, hence this discussion.
2. Damage falls of incredibly quickly. Damage frames in Warframe (with a few exceptions) end up being relegated to bootleg CC frames, simply because their damage doesn't scale very well and ends up falling off at later levels. This makes the method of "murdering everyone = 100% damage reduction" incredibly difficult to effectively pull of, and usually results in you needing to use your guns more than your abilities (which at that point, why not bring a more durable frame?).

As entertaining as the idea of an unrestrained pyromancer with maximum damage (no matter the cost) is, the problem is that it doesn't quite work, at least not in Warframe or in the way that DE currently have her set up. If DE want to stick with the glass cannon thing, they need to give Ember the ability to either effectively crowd control, or the ability to stay away from enemies and rain fire from a distance. If DE want to go with the "unrestrained pyromancer" feel, then they need to give Ember some way of surviving being in the middle of a crowd, while also rewarding use of her abilities in said crowds (maybe passive damage reduction for each enemy she sets on fire?).