Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding dynamic challenges for a more varied experience in the later parts of the game

nokinoks

I cheese a lot of things with Limbo, combined with Huras and he's pretty much unkillable and I know there are a lot of frames that can "cheese" even sortie level missions and of course there's nothing wrong with that. We work hard so we deserve to be able to cheese missions. 

BUT, I remember when I was ranking stuff and wearing bad gear when Stalker came and I had to jump around, lure him to Corpus enemies so they will distract him, had to use some specters and it took a while but I was able to kill him and I remember that fight.

I also did a kuva flood, infested, rescue when suddenly Stalker came, I was wearing decent gear here but failed because I was cheesing these things so easily that when something like this came it was jarring in the lightest sense of the word and I died. But I also remember that mission out of all the missions I've played.

So my suggestion, and this is just a suggestion. Is that when we reach a sort of "high level" or "end game" areas maybe we can have more dynamic challenges. Here are some suggestions and maybe you guys can add some too!

(Please keep in mind that these are all for high level places, what high level is will be up to DE in the end I guess if they choose to implement this but I am hoping something that is 60 and up)

1: "Nullifier" rooms for Grineer tileset. I recently did the Fomorian event and those that participated knows that you can't use skills while you are near the core. So maybe we can make a small version of that in certain rooms where you won't be able to use skills. Either indefinitely until you leave that room or area or until you destroy a mini-version of the core.

Reason: This prevents reliance on skill, not even over reliance but just reliance and forces especially caster frames to think quick.

2: More mini-boss that adds a layer to your game. It doesn't have to be Stalker and I would prefer not having those syndicate mobs that doesn't really add anything because they are mobs, which are present all over the map anyway. It can either be there to fight you OR we can do the opposite of the syndicate mobs and have sudden syndicate challenges for your allied syndicates. For example those with Perin will suddenly have some kind of challenge like kill this many enemy at this amount of time or a corpus teleporter will appear and ask you if you wish to fight a mini boss in a certain map and you will be rewarded. Maybe with creds, standing or some random offering from that syndicate. 

3: 2 missions at once. I hate it when capture turns into exterminate. Makes no sense and there's no reward for it. BUT if maybe interception suddenly ADDS sabotage, then that could be interesting. Or Interception then defense at the same time. Maybe Maybe capture, survival and sabotage but enemies don't drop life support (and space mom will drop more for obvious reasons). Your team will have to split up and prioritize.

4: This one is two-fold; Lock you in 3 to 5 stage mission (like bounties) where enemies becomes smarter. Let's say we don't know the missions and we don't know the factions and we have no idea what to expect. But space mom tells us we need to go there and "fix" stuff as we always do. First part of this is really simple, we go in blind. Second, enemies are smart. Maybe in a grineer tileset, Enemies will have formation and utilize strategies like barrages. If in stage one a Nuker frame destroys them all then on stage 2 they will turn the lights off and employ manics. They will learn to use cover but not just cover, they will learn to synchronize so that they aren't just hard hitting and annoying, they are fearsome. If we have 4 people doing spin2win then the next challenge will have a bunch of those grineer guys that teleport, they teleport just at that moment you stop, they attack you and like normal beings, teleport away for a hit and run tactic. Or a commander will teleport you to a group of butchers, that should be fun. If one person deals so much damage then they will be the "target" on the next stage. In fact, they should be the target on the next room. Though this one isn't much of a dynamic challenge as a new kind of mission type so to speak.

5: Sudden operator only mode that triggers instead of convergence orbs. (must be optional)

There are rough ideas but I think with the community especially of bored veterans adding and polishing then maybe we can have more memorable matches. What challenges can you guys think of?

Edited by nokinoks
added another suggestion

18 minutes ago, ShirokiHagane said:

Oh god... I hate when that happen more if the enemies are over 100 but its fun because its the only thing that show that the commander brain works well sometimes xd

I also hate it, but I'd like the experience of fighting smarter AI. Though if they do this I hope they remove the animation where your frame is like "wtf?!".