Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Successful squad extraction on PoE should not place downed players in "fail" state with no rewards

CorerMaximus

Edit- my second comment (third reply) rationally explains what the problem is and what I propose to fix it. 

Just got out of a 40 minute run to cap the hydro- I used up all my revs and my squadmates didn't rev me- apparently- doing so makes makes you "fail" the mission and gives you NO rewards (blank end of mission screen). I'm really upset and screaming internally for spending 50min of my weekend amounting to nothing (I was the host, 10min recruiting); please fix this to give you atleast what you pickedup on PoE when the rest of the group extracts. People can spend hours in one session and this current system is really unfair.

Edited by CorerMaximus

23 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

1 minute not moving triggers the AFK detection. Understand its frustrating. But that's just the way it is.

AFK detection stops you from getting a rotation reward (for instance, a mission reward from a defense mission). That's fine, I support that decision. You still get whatever you pickedup during the course of that mission though and all the rotation rewards for which you were active when extracting though. 

I'm referring to the "fail" state the game places you in on the Plains when you use your four revs and you stay down till the end of a PoE session when the squad is extracting through the gates. Under this condition- you get no rewards; no rotation nor retain any pickup items that you may have accumulated in this scenario. The AFK system is fair since you only miss out on the rewards for that mission instances rotation; the fail state on the Plains deletes all the rewards you may have accumulated all together, and given some squads may stay over the course for a full day and night rotation (2 hours); I think this is unneedingly unfair to players who happen to go and stay down, moreso to newer players who may be spending that time entirely on resource collection. 

In my opinion, the "fail" state on dying undermines the attractiveness of the Plains for newer players while infuriating veterans; I propose changing it to the system in the rest of the game where if your squad successfully extracts- the mission still counts as a success for the player who's dead and lets them keep their rewards.

Edited by CorerMaximus

Just now, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I suppose it is a countermeasure from those who join and afk to leech the loots.

People cannot join a session after the first Teralyst goes down; if it's a pub match and they join end-session on a tera fight, they still get the loot. 

The problem I'm referring to is that people already in a session who go and stay down (use 4 revives, go down again and don't get revived) don't retain any of their rewards when the rest of the squad extracts. In normal non-PoE missions- the downed players still keep whatever they got as a mission reward and the loot they collected with the mission still counting as a success; on PoE, the mission is a failure when a player goes down.