Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacement idea for convergence orbs

nokinoks

I have a measure for normal people, it is rule of thumb but I think it's alright. I think that a normal player should be able to max his daily focus cap within 45 minutes to 1 hour. I think that is reasonable. Players who min-max using Ivara/Equinox/Banshee should be able to do it in 20 minutes to 30 minutes (or maybe less since I think they are already doing this or maybe there's no need to change that). I think that is reasonable. If I am being unreasonable please tell me, as I just want to make the game better and if I'm going about it the wrong way then I'd like to go about it the right way. Now after sharing that perspective, that rule of thumb, let's get to my suggestion.

I suggest that we have an "operator" only mode that replaces the convergence orbs. I think the way we farm focus is NOT at any way related to the operator which is outright strange. There are possible problems with this suggestion but let's do the good things first

One: it makes people notice the different trees more instead of just doing Naramon or Zenurik. There are a lot of amazing skills and passives in other schools and more people are noticing because fighting Terry, Garry and Harry makes it necessary to notice. That Naramon passive affinity won't do jack against Eidolon but the bonus damage from Unairu(?) will. I know some people hate Operator and I kinda get it, they squishy and slow and they are almost the opposite of our frames that we worked hard on but if we get a decent way of leveling them up then maybe we will appreciate this more. I certainly see something in it.

Two: it makes sense. Using your frame to stealth farm in adaro then max focus? Doesn't make much sense how it will improve your operator. Killing all the things in Hydron, again, doesn't make much sense BUT actually using your operator to level your operator up? That sounds like an idea that does make sense. 

Three: It's an idea worth considering at least. There are other ideas I'm sure and I know DE is doing (planning?) a revamp on the focus system but this is something that is relatively easy to consider I think. No need to add much of something, just remove the orbs and make it so that we get tons of affinity while in operator mode.

Problems about this and possible solutions:

One: some people don't like operator mode. 

Valid but also if a person doesn't like operator mode then maybe they shouldn't be able to enjoy the bonuses it provides. It is entirely possible to play the game with just a mote amp if that person wants to stay there so I think this isn't really an issue. And that person can play with friends to enjoy a lot of the operator bonuses anyway so I think that's alright. Multiplayer is an incredibly big part of this game.

Two: I'm forced to carry while my teammates are all jumping around like idiots in operator mode.

An immensely important concern and something we should avoid. I think one of the best ways to do it is to have a mission like the "hunt terralyst" bounty in PoE. I don't think you need to do that bounty, Terry will appear at night either way but it does group people who want to that kind of mission. Maybe the time where operator mode grants a bunch of affinity like orbs can be synchronized so all the members are in operator mode or maybe it can be desynched so only one at a time. It can be an alert type mission, or just a few added nodes in the starchart. Basically right now if you want to level up, go to Hydron so it could be the same. If you want to level your focus up then go to this node especially for that. 

Three: what about the lenses?

Maybe the lenses multiply your focus gain even more. So there's no need to un-equip weapons and having more lenses is actually now beneficial instead of just using two at a time.

Now whether the affinity bonus is like the orb where it is timed or it is permanent, I suppose that can be figured out later if this idea holds water. But storywise, it does make sense. It really does. Use the operator to level it up, right? Makes a ton of sense.

Edited by nokinoks
Added lenses

Look, I honestly didn't read your suggestion(s), the devs already discussed their idea on some devstream. They are going to make focus gain higher with diminishing returns the more the player grinds the same type of missions, and they are going to make the cap soft, meaning that on reaching the daily limit, focus points won't stop coming, they will just be coming less.

Just now, Bouldershoulder said:

Look, I honestly didn't read your suggestion(s), the devs already discussed their idea on some devstream. They are going to make focus gain higher with diminishing returns the more the player grinds the same type of missions, and they are going to make the cap soft, meaning that on reaching the daily limit, focus points won't stop coming, they will just be coming less.

That totally fixes it, though it still has nothing to do with the operator. My suggestion can help in that regard. I appreciate the info tho. :)

il y a 57 minutes, Bouldershoulder a dit :

Didn't they say that like 3 months ago ?

To OP, people have been asking about "getting more focus while playing as operator" for a while.

They want to force us into playing operator and yet there is no benefit from doing so.

26 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

They want to force us into playing operator and yet there is no benefit from doing so.

I really hope they won't do something like this. Now DE is too focused on pushing players on the Plains and that's going not very well.

It is true that they are pushing people towards the Plains so much, and I agree it's not something I like. People who have completed the Star chart should be in Plains and the beginners should finish star chart fist or most of it. I know there's a number of people who are against more operator play but as for this suggestion I think we can all agree that it does make sense (using operator to level up the operator) and with proper setups, the operator can really do some hurt. It's at least a new dimension to the game and if we make it an incentive, an option rather than something that is compulsory then this could really be something good. Also at the least, it won't affect people who want to stay away from Operator mode as this is extra focus. Maybe it will remove the soft cap where the focus points will be slow once it reaches daily limit.  

Il y a 2 heures, Syasob a dit :

I really hope they won't do something like this. Now DE is too focused on pushing players on the Plains and that's going not very well.

Well they're forcing us to use them for teralyst and to get the bonuses from the focus.

Can't wait for more...

35 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Well they're forcing us to use them for teralyst and to get the bonuses from the focus.

Can't wait for more...

Using them for Terry makes sense though. They are weak to Void and Tennos have that. It seems you have a negative opinion on using operators, may I know why?

il y a 30 minutes, nokinoks a dit :

It seems you have a negative opinion on using operators, may I know why?

I don't actually, I just happen to know many players who hate the whole "operator" business. I find it funny to play useless teenagers from time to time. Too bad they're very weak.

I'm more pissed at focus being BORING to farm, which is why, I don't farm it (unless by teralyst hunting).

The whole convergence thing is even more annoying in my opinion.

Edited by Trichouette

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

I don't actually, I just happen to know many players who hate the whole "operator" business. I find it funny to play useless teenagers from time to time. Too bad they're very weak.

I'm more pissed at focus being BORING to farm, which is why, I don't farm it (unless by teralyst hunting).

The whole convergence thing is even more annoying in my opinion.

They can be quite strong especially support wise though of course it is the Frames that will dish out damage. I see what you're trying to say and I hate farming focus too. Stealth is buggy so it being the best way to farm just sucks and the problem is, it's really the only way to farm. Now tho we have some eidolons to give focus which I guess makes more sense. Very small amount tho, I still think that a normal player should be able to max their cap within 45 minutes to 1 hour and that's not gonna happen even with the new eidolons.

il y a 36 minutes, nokinoks a dit :

They can be quite strong especially support wise though of course it is the Frames that will dish out damage. I see what you're trying to say and I hate farming focus too. Stealth is buggy so it being the best way to farm just sucks and the problem is, it's really the only way to farm. Now tho we have some eidolons to give focus which I guess makes more sense. Very small amount tho, I still think that a normal player should be able to max their cap within 45 minutes to 1 hour and that's not gonna happen even with the new eidolons.

Since riven and operator power added, I really feel like the game went the wrong way. But that's my opinion and the devs don't care about a single player, focus and rivens makes the game even more grindy and full of powercreep, and players love that. Especially when people start selling rivens for stupidly high price.

Meanwhile some players have farmed focus to the point they don't have anything left to upgrade...