Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Math Behind Chroma Vex Armor?

---Greed---

Question

I just got back for awhile and heard chroma got nerf

Could anyone give me info about the detail new math / formula behind chroma new Vex Armor skill (Scorn & Fury Effect)

So I could rearrange new build for him

I check warframe wiki, it's still the old formula...

Edited by ---Greed---

2 answers to this question

Wiki has new formula for damage bonus, armor formula been changed too, but we got no confirmation since the update, was it intended or not.

They used to be applied after other bonuses, so you multiplied total armor with Steel fiber etc, now it multiplies only base armor.

For damage it now stacks additively with raw +damage mods (Serration, Pressure Point, Hornet Strike etc) so building weapon without said mods can be better choice. Also is better scals with ability power: with 130% AP and +175% damage buff you got 1+ 1.75*1.3 = 3.275, now you have (1+1.75)*1.3 = 3.575. Just to sweeten the pill.

Vex Armor's buff is now calculated as follows:

B = base damage, MB = added total of base damage mods (serration, heavy caliber, etc.), VB = Vex Armor Fury buff percentage, BM = total modified base damage, A = base armor, MA = added total of armor mods (steel fiber, armored agility, etc.), VA = Vex Armor Scorn buff percentage.

Damage calculation:

B(MB+VB+1)=BM,
BM+(BM(Elementals))=Total Damage

Armor Calculation:

A(MA+VA+1)

This means that Vex Armor's buffs are now additive with base damage and base armor mods, as opposed to multiplying the values after modding. This results in a very large reduction in both damage and durability.