Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your favorite rifle?

skyfiredraco

Hey guys. Simple question i suppose... but should make for some interesting discussion (to me anyway :P).

But what is your favorite rifle? And how did you build it up?

I'm currently building and leveling a ton of weapons and i'm starting to get to the point that i can settle on "favorites" to use when i'm not just leveling stuff for mastery points.

I have a favorite shotgun (Hek), a favorite bow (<3 my Lenz), a favorite secondary (twin grakatas) and a favorite melee weapon (orthos prime... condition build... max range... so. much. fun.)

But now i'm looking into rifles. Mainly to get some nice headshots and hit weak points on stuff like juggernauts and bursa (lenz and orthos aoe to much to hit em it seems :().

Leaning towards Soma Prime right now but i hear good things for many others... from Braton prime to boltor prime to tenora to... well, you get the idea. I even hear gorgon was buffed recently?

Etc. lol.

So yea... give me some rifle suggestions :)

And maybe a mod setup or two for some funzies :)

Cheers Tenno :)

Well, my favorite rifle is Supra Vandal because is the closest thing to a minigun.It has 3 (non rotary) barrels,a high firerate and 300 bullets magazine size

I loved it before the buff but now...oh boy....this thing is a monster.

Edited by FumezSunca

On most of my rifle primaries are crit builds with hunters munition with some 60/60 status mods occasionally. My favorite rifles currently are:

Sybaris Prime / Dex Sybaris (we should be getting it soon for the WF anniversary)

Prisma Grakata

Vectis Prime

Rubico

Honorable mentions but haven't tested fully personally:

Tenora

Opticor

Amprex

Not rifles technically but great primaries:

Dread

Rakta Cernos / Cernos Prime

Baza

Astilla

Scourge

Ferrox

My favorite rifle (even more after the sound and weapon revamp) is the Latron Prime ! That baby may not be on the meta, but it gets the job done, and i have fun using it  since Update 9 !

The Latron Prime got an increase of Critical chance (15 and then 22%, which means with Point Strike, you have 55% of critical chance), damage (a little) and critical damage (up to 6.2x with Critical Delay)

I've built my Latron Prime in a hybrid modding style of critical and status, so in the end it gives me like 60% Status and 55% critical chance for 6.2x damage. More than enough to OS up to 35-40lvl grineer without aiming for the head. And when aiming for the head, i sometimes have a 6 digits critical damage.

I hope it helps you for you choice ! And if you do choose the Latron Prime, show it your love, it'll reward you for this :D

Happy hunting fellow Tenno

Favorite rifle...

Has to be the Braton Prime. It's been my most used for quite some time and it still gets used quite often. It's even better after the MR adjustments. Much better. And it was excellent before. 

Honorable mention has to go to the Supra Vandal. This thing...man, if you really want a bullet hose, this is it. Moreover, it brings the pain. 

I like lots of gun and lots see frequent use, but these two are go-to weapons at present. The BratonP always was and the Supra Vandal is now just incredible stupid fun that actually does take care of business when things get dicey. 

14 minutes ago, skyfiredraco said:

ty all!

taking notes :)

and last question before i crash for a few hours... why so many braton mk1's? People just trolling sortie groups or am i missing something? lol.

more or less a joke yeah. though imo it has far lost its flavor over time as its no longer unique.

Though there are pros for the MK1 over the standard as it has more slash, there is no reason to take it over the Prime variant that is far superior.

I'm actually surprised that my favourite has been mentioned already. Every time I mention enjoying it I usually get laughed out of the room, so to speak, despite the weapon's power

Latron Prime. High accuracy, high damage, no need for a fire rate mod, plenty of crit and status to satisfy most needs. Admittedly it never reaches 100% status, but frankly? With such a ridiculous crit multiplier it doesn't matter

My build for it is basically just pure elemental-crit with some added punch through. Leaves a slot for whatever else you want to add (if you have bladed rounds I would highly recommend that. Argon scope's a good choice too)

I also have a very nice Riven for it, but I've been in love with the rifle for over 2 years before rivens were even a thing, so I can tell you with certainty that, while it definitely benefits from a good riven (as opposed to any disposition 1 weapon imo) you certainly don't need one

Hope this helps!

I don't have favourite rifle or frame, just weekly favourites. Now I mostly use lens/Arca plasmor, or opticor. one of my all time favourites is Ignis wraith. Gun I return most often to is 10 forma, 5k riven kohm with pinpoint accurate, full status build which I'm using in all difficult content (sorties and kuva flood farming)

4 hours ago, FumezSunca said:

Well, my favorite rifle is Supra Vandal because is the closest thing to a minigun.It has 3 (non rotary) barrels,a high firerate and 300 bullets magazine size

I loved it before the buff but now...oh boy....this thing is a monster.

Use it with Zephyr with her projectile speed increase augment and then fly up really high and rain bullet hell down on the enemies bellow :P

Justice rains from the sky!!!