Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your favorite rifle?

skyfiredraco

I have a few that i use often:

Ignis for farming resources and syndicates medallions;

Braton prime and tenora for DPS and plain fun, I got the tenora last week and am still formaing it, but I am enjoying it thanks to the high cap mag and ammo stock, the secondary fire is also fun;

Baza for stealth with Ivara and cause it is fun too;

Latron wraith is pretty nice in the ocasion, and the vectis is my fav sniper.

Otherwise I use the rakta cernos.

As for modding I use the general three damage mods, plus vigilant armaments and shred, then I add elemental mods based on the weapon's best option, hunter munitions on crit weapons and dual stats mods for the status ones. Otherwise I just mod in the way that I feel that is the best for my style.

Definitely Vectis Prime, with Sybaris (all variants) coming in the seconds place and the Supra Vandal following right after.

I knew Vectis was the thing for me. The thing, though, Ash Prime had just gotten vaulted and I had three relics. One of each part. Got them all and then traded some prime junk for the main BP.

Hey, this isn't really a rifle but man I love the strun wraith. 

I'm using a 99% status build(I think) and man is it satisfying to see the corrossive damage melt those grineer and not even mentioning all the numbers on your screen.

Then there's also it's mobility, kill an enemy reload while going to the next one in no time... Have I mentioned it is really satisfying? Try it!

Edited by VirtualPeanut

The Argonak.  I like the the increased zoom for semi mode with a crit focus (boom, head shot), and the low fire rate of auto mode (conserves ammo).  I really like the highlight special feature when I am on PoE.  I want it to do a little more damage as it doesn't quite meet my needs for T5 bounties, but it is hard for any weapon to compete with the Sybaris Prime.  It is a weapon that provides a lot of options which is good in a game where you only can have 3 weapons (4 if you count the operator).

Really the only I don't like is its appearance. I don't like sea cucumber look or the disk magazine on the bottom.

Edited by Saturmorn_Carvilli

Assault: Soma Prime so far. Works amazingly well with Viral along with high crit damage.

Bow: Dread, nothing else comes close and it fills the primary role well on Ash or Ivara. Fully built with slash, crit damage.

Sniper: Lanka, I love the elemental damage possibilities on it, either with a high gas+electricity build, full radiation or full corrosive build. My go-to weapon for sortie assassination missions along with Ash Prime. Unless of course they have elemental resistance at which point I'll bring Soma.

Pistol: Akstiletto Prime, they are like pocket sized assault rifles with high crit and status. What is there not to love?

Shotgun: Boar Prime. 100% status chance, high RoF viral+radiation build. Wrecks havoc. Not a weapon to bring to boss fights though.

Misc: Ignis Wraith and Sybaris Prime. Since these are used 100% of the time when playing Ember (Ignis) and Titania (Sybaris).

Melee: Lesion, a real beast. 96% status with the build I'm using (could get 100% if I ever get hold of a riven for it). High slash damage, free toxin + attack speed proc when proccing other status effects. Toxin can be combined with a single other element to create viral, gas or corrosive while also proccing the lone element. So you can have 3 elemental damage types on it. Lots of opportunities for condition overload, but it wrecks havoc even without.

All weapons mentioned above are equipped with atleast 150% multishot, well not Lesion and Ignis for obvious reasons.

I can't name one favourite, but while most generic rifles are lacking a bit compared to shotguns, I'm lately diggin':

Argonak - Feels good, looks great, sounds absolutely amazing. Pretty good rifle for headshots.

Prisma Grakata - When I feel like going full zerg grakatatatatatatatatata. 

Karak Wraith - As close to generic AK as it gets in Warframe. I dig the Grineer guerilla design and it's actually pretty decent after recent buffs.

Sybaris Prime - Feels like some high quality, exclusive weapon and it performs very well.

I would have to say that nothiny beats the classics. Braton Prime has so much versatility and reliability it's amazing. 

Good runner ups are Soma Prime with his Hunter Munition slash memes and Riven Latron Prime. That 9.8x crit multiplier is juicy on headshots and bodyshots alike.

Latron Prime for me. Nice and powerful, especially with the Riven mod i have for it (149.9% extra damage before Serration plus another 30% damage to Corpus in particular) plus I just prefer semi-autos to full autos and it's just so nice to hear shot hapless Grineer/Corpus/infested targets at medium to long range. It's great

my personal favorite rifle is the latron prime. it's clearly not the best, but i just love semi-auto weapons that aren't sniper rifles. i go for a hybrid build with 2 dual stat mods, 1 90%, serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, and argon scope. the argon scope is just there so i can consistently crit with that whopping 6.8x multiplier. though if you aren't hte best at aiming, vigilante armaments works just as well. you can also improve your crit chance with gladiator mods i believe.

8 minutes ago, Zyr1987 said:

Latron Prime for me. Nice and powerful, especially with the Riven mod i have for it (149.9% extra damage before Serration plus another 30% damage to Corpus in particular) plus I just prefer semi-autos to full autos and it's just so nice to hear shot hapless Grineer/Corpus/infested targets at medium to long range. It's great

latron prime gang

Latron Wraith, crit build with rapid fire, and a mouse wheel firing
"FG42 build"

Damage wise it is already reaching the range of Sybaris/ Grinlok, but being able to fire rapidly is kind of the winning factor.
Latron Prime is kind of in the same process of formaing into similar build.

23 hours ago, skyfiredraco said:

Hey guys. Simple question i suppose... but should make for some interesting discussion (to me anyway :P).

But what is your favorite rifle? And how did you build it up?

I'm currently building and leveling a ton of weapons and i'm starting to get to the point that i can settle on "favorites" to use when i'm not just leveling stuff for mastery points.

I have a favorite shotgun (Hek), a favorite bow (<3 my Lenz), a favorite secondary (twin grakatas) and a favorite melee weapon (orthos prime... condition build... max range... so. much. fun.)

But now i'm looking into rifles. Mainly to get some nice headshots and hit weak points on stuff like juggernauts and bursa (lenz and orthos aoe to much to hit em it seems :().

Leaning towards Soma Prime right now but i hear good things for many others... from Braton prime to boltor prime to tenora to... well, you get the idea. I even hear gorgon was buffed recently?

Etc. lol.

So yea... give me some rifle suggestions :)

And maybe a mod setup or two for some funzies :)

Cheers Tenno :)

Latron Prime 

Rifle type only? Mine would be Quartakk (crazy status chance, pretty much Rifle Tigris with multishot mods) and possibly Ferrox (Super high damage, charge is a bit annoying though)

Boltor Prime deserve a mention here since it was my most used weapon (I started the game around Rhino unvault luckily), but I'm not exactly a fan of full-auto gun anymore. Good damage and feels, I just feel like wanting to take my time and actually aim.