Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

transparent warframe effects should switch between additive and subtractive automatically

TeCoolTenno

Some warframes with transparent effects on them either brighten or darken the background (of course, by different amounts by hue), and this creates the 'shape' of the transparent effect. However, when a transparent object tries to brighten the background with a dark colour, or darken the background with a light colour, the object will appear invisible instead.

An example of this was when I was changing my Ivara's energy colour. While white and bright blues worked perfectly fine, I could not make her tattered bits appear with a darker colour (the one I used was the near-black brown colour provided by valentine), even after I wiggled her model around to get it directly in front of a light source.

Instead they should change automatically based on the selected colour's brightness. This doubles the possible colours a transparent object can express and lets us take more combinations

If needed, let us just change the alpha of each colour directly for the very few people that want to 'hide' some transparent object on their warframe intentionally

Also, it's most noticeable when you put on a black and bloom doesn't blur out the surrounding background. Put white on a glowy bit on your warframe (usually energy) then switch it to black. The black will look like the energy is 'turned off' though it'd be cooler if it actually 'radiated' darkness

Edited by TeCoolTenno