Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Making Non-cosmetic Item Exclusive

WitchRanger

EDIT 2:

I did not change anything at all in my original post so ppl can read through the whole thread if you want to.

I'm genuinely not surprised by the reply I get in this post, it's actually kind of amusing since most is just proving my point over and over again without realizing it.

But I can't sit here replying forever, since I have been doing for the last few hours non-stop, so won't be any new reply from me anymore.

Thank you for your time, whether you agree, disagree, being calm or being toxic. I see people in this post come and go, some leave a comment without reading, some just being toxic, some just don't care. Some can be chill all the way, some try to provide argument later, some simply lost their train of thought after a while (its rly funny to see that I'm not even angry). Whatever it is, if this post inspired any serious thinking and logical argument, I've done my part proudly today.

For new people, read everything if you want, and make your own judgement. In the end, it's DE's game, I provide thoughts, can't physically change anything, but do remember, just like everything you like in life, always think what will make it better.

EDIT:

This post actually turns out exactly what I expected it to be.

I do, however, thank you for the very few (like 2 or 3 so far) people that can chill and provide their actual opinion, instead of going to reply section before they read through my stuff.

Those who can be calm and actually think about things are people I respect, whether or not you disagree or agree with me.

If you a new, you can reply, but I do recommend read through everything first, it's fun (whatever your POV is).

For 90% of people, it's fun to see me being 'autistic', etc. For that, you're welcome. Glad to be of any help.

For another 10%, you may seek some actual argument, do think carefully before reply, because most people is assuming my POV at this point,

the common ones are:

1. You just want Excalibur Prime, shut up.

2. Not this again, shut up

3. Yeh, Yeh, Yeh, DE's fault everything, if the We die, that is DE's fault as well.

4. But they said they will bring back those things, so shut up!

5. How long have you played, (you noob), shut up!

6. Why would you want something worse if there are better alternatives.

7. WF is just an chill game where I want to kill some mobs, so shut up about being competitive.

8. Dude, this is so wild, I want to see more drama instead of thinking what is actually better for the game I liked.

And do remember, every time anyone say something around those lines, you are proving my point in the original post.

So thank you.

At this point, I'm not sure if DE is doing this on purpose or just not knowing (either way it is stupid)

I'm a somewhat new player, once in while I want to quit WF and I did (and I came back when I don't have better games to play). The reason is not that WF is bad, is that I'm not sure which road DE is heading towards. 

Yes, I don't own WF, but I like it so I worried about it. 

I play games like a competition, sometimes with others, most time with myself. I have seen my fair share of the gaming world, and to me, DE is like a young, naïve, inexperienced yet still talented teenager. It makes some wonderful surprises, and it also makes some horrible low-level mistake.

The problem is, I'm not sure are those 'mistakes' are done intentionally or not.

I hold my tongue when it comes to some topics, because I don't think the community is quite ready for some extreme-criticism. If you ask me, I think the 'Hype' is slowing killing this game if DE does not snap out of it soon enough. Hype is great, but one can easily get lost in it while not knowing you are lost.

I thin the pay-to-win system is not great for the long run, I think the MR system is preventing people to master something, I think a lot but in the end, I can overcome all of these (but it does make me like WF less)

There is one thing I have to say: Stop making non-cosmetic item exclusive/lime limited etc.

Yes, I'm talking about Excalibur Prime, Primed Chamber and more.

The rule is very simple when it comes to games nowadays, for an online PVE game, I failed to see any logical reason behind gating non-cosmetic items behind walls. Sure, Excalibur Prime is a desperate mistake (as far as I know), Snipetron is a lore mistake (I'm not buying it but OK), Primed Vigor is a loyalty reward (rly?), Primed Chamber is an event reward....

I don't care what some might say, these are mistakes that will eventually kill a game, a game that is aiming for online PVE, a game's current goal is not chill out, we are not playing Stardew Valley here.

And ofc I'm angry, not because I can't get them, because the community is so hyped at this point, nobody is saying anything. (e.g., search for Excalibur Prime, and the things people say in the post, how are you going to expect new players to accept that they can't get that extra armor just because they are late to the game)

People will fight for 1% damage reduction, 5% more dps output, or even much much less in other game, and suddenly it all just 'collector's whining' in this game.

Sure, it's OK that not everybody cares for that 1%, or even 0.00000001% more, just like in any games, but a game must know what is aiming for, what it its goal, why people should play it and what gameplay you want to provide, if this is Stardew Valley, I won't even think about 1% extra walking speed, but this is not, for a competitive game (either with yourself, or with others), every bit counts, no matter how small. It doesn't matter why people want them, or how much of an impact they will make, if there is 0.000001% more a player deserve, it is a mistake to not give them.

I'll give DE the benefit of sympathy for the Founder Pack exclusive, but that's all. Everything else that is gated behind a high mountain (a mountain is so high, it is not actually reachable, e.g. price of Primed Chamber) is not acceptable. Snipetron removal is ridiculous. Primed Chamber is, I don't even want to know how important to Vectis.

Simply put, you can never make a game 100% fair (like MOBAs), but it is your fault to not even try. And DE, IMO, is heading towards the exact opposite way. A very great example of system balance recently is POE (Path of Exile), an almost perfect builds system. I'm not asking DE to be perfect overnight, I'm asking to realize what is right and what is wrong. And stop saying wrong is right just because player can settle with less. (If an item can provide 1 extra dps, a player deserve that 1 dps and a player should have a realistic way to get that 1 dps, no matter what. If they want to put another 1000+ hour for it, that's a player's decision, not the game's)

DE, or anyone, if you read through this, thank you for your time. I am not a very big fan of WF, but I like it nevertheless. Just because I like it, I don't want it to make low-level mistake. I don't actively participate in community in general, so from an somewhat outsider's point of view, a lot of players is protecting WF and DE like protecting a little child. It's cute, but the child will have to pay the price eventually. 

DE, just like older players, new players are also supporting your game, don't screw over them, and they will become older and better players.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by WitchRanger

Snipetron is and was back in game, Primed Chmaber was an event item that not found its way back in game yet simply, thats why its expensive, everythign else comes back in one way or another, everything is farmable without spending one bit of money. Other primed mods come back with Baro same for certain weapons even event ones, others in Invasions.

Things like Rivens or Primed mods are also nto mandatory, jsuta bonus you are able to mange ot get, same for Prime Weapons and Frames, but none of that is locked away from you, neather you have to pay any for it.

Also even mentioning Excalibur Prime is beating a dead horse, you sohuld be ashamed of yourself not thinking straight at all.

Edited by Marine027

Just now, Marine027 said:

Snipetron is and was back in game, Primed Chmaber was an event item that not found its way back in game yet simply, thats why its expensive, everythign else comes back in one way or another, everythign is farmable without spending one bit of money. Other primed mods come back with Baro same for certain weapons even event ones, others in Invasions.

Snipetron is not back, it's little brother is back. Primed Chamber is an event item, and that's the problem, it shouldn't be. 

You can't farm original Snipetron, you can't farm Excalibur prime, you can't farm Primed chamber. If you want to farm for 100k for Primed chamber, I would like a DE developer to try that and see how long it takes.

And judging from your words and your reply time - typing time, you didn't read my post carefully. So your 'argument' is not even a argument.

The only example of non-cosmetic exclusives is the Founders Pack which was almost 5 years ago. Lato and Braton Vandal will be back at some point, and since the founders pack, DE has not made a single exclusive item that was not a cosmetic. Primed Chamber, Snipetron, Machete, Supra Vandal, Plague Zaws etc. will be back in the future, whether or not it is soon is another can of worms entirely.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

They already did stop making things exclusive... ages ago... everything they've made since then gets brought back.

They aren't going to retroactively release founders gear if that's what you're complaining about.

What I'm 'complaining' about is in my post, I suggest you read through it. 

If you don't want to read it, then don't say anything would be a better option.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The only example of non-cosmetic exclusives is the Founders Pack which was almost 5 years ago. Lato and Braton Vandal will be back at one point, and since the founders pack, DE has not made a single exclusive item that was not a cosmetic. Primed Chamber, Snipetron, Machete, Supra Vandal, Plague Zaws etc. will be back in the future, whether or not it is soon is another can of worms entirely.

I don't think Snipetron will since Vandal is here, but I will take your word for it.

Gonna happen in 'TBA' time is basically a no for me since this is WF, but again, I will take your word for it.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb WitchRanger:

Snipetron is not back, it's little brother is back. Primed Chamber is an event item, and that's the problem, it shouldn't be. 

You can't farm original Snipetron, you can't farm Excalibur prime, you can't farm Primed chamber. If you want to farm for 100k for Primed chamber, I would like a DE developer to try that and see how long it takes.

And judging from your words and your reply time - typing time, you didn't read my post carefully. So your 'argument' is not even a argument.

" The Snipetron blueprint was added as a reward for the Project Undermine Tactical Alert from the 2nd of October 2015 to the 5th of October 2015. "

"The blueprint came back again as an item sold by Nakak (as Operational Supply Syndicate seller) in Cetus during the Operation: Plague Star event for ReputationLargeBlack3,000 standing. "

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Snipetron

It was event wise and will come back antoher time eather from Baro or Invasions or antoher event simply. Nothing is gone forever.

Edited by Marine027

15 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

The rule is very simple when it comes to games nowadays, for an online PVE game, I failed to see any logical reason behind gating non-cosmetic items behind walls. Sure, Excalibur Prime is a desperate mistake (as far as I know), Snipetron is a lore mistake (I'm not buying it but OK), Primed Vigor is a loyalty reward (rly?), Primed Chamber is an event reward....

Excalibur prime isn't coming back, nor is it a desperate mistake. See it more like an oath to keep something exclusive to the people who litterally saved the game from not existing.

Snipertron was indeed a lore mistake, lemme explain.

The snipertron was designed as a bullet-type sniper for specifically the corpus, the biggest problem being that the corpus had already stepped over to laser type weapons, the old braton bieng the last bullet-type weapon. (which now is fully tenno) So the snipertron didnt fit in. They instead made the lanka to take its place, but kept the weapon in the game.

Primed vigor? Well you just have to wait or buy it, they are planning to rework the login system tho, so no biggy.

Primed chamber has just never be reintroduced, have patience!

Edited by i_Lex

2 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

what you're 'complaining' about is items that aren't exclusive (with the exception of Founders) being exclusive.

almost all non cosmetic items you mentioned have and will return at some point in the future

Just now, i_Lex said:

Excalibur prime isn't coming back, nor is it a desperate mistake. See it more like an oath to keep something exclusive to the people who litterally saved the game from not existing.

Reveal hidden contents

Snipertron was indeed a lore mistake, lemme explain.

The snipertron was designed as a bullet-type sniper for specifically the corpus, the biggest problem being that the corpus had already stepped over to laser type weapons, the old braton bieng the last bullet-type weapon. (which now is fully tenno) So the snipertron didnt fit in. They instead made the lanka to take its place, but kept the weapon in the game.

Primed vigor? Well you just have to wait or buy it, they are planning to rework the login system tho, so no biggy.

Primed chamber has just never be reintroduced, have patience!

You, my sir, prove my exact point. The very example of hyped player that didn't bother to read ppl's post (and think), just assuming my POV.

And If I have to talk about Founder's pack, if you want to give them something special, make the prime a skin, no actual benefit.

Still, as I said, I will give DE the benefit of sympathy on this one.

4 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

Except you call the Login Tribute system exclusive. Yes, it is unfortunate how long the time gate is, but it is not an exclusive. Anyone can get Sigma and Octantis given they acquire enough days. The system will also be reworked in the near future.

The biggest flaw in this thread is that DE has announced in the past that everything you listed (aside from Excalibur Prime and Lato Vandal (officially)) will return at some point. Just because you cant have it this instant doesn't make it an exclusive forever.

4 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

Says a lot about your personality and your reading ability. 

1) snipetron is 1 of the S#&$tiest snipers so why do you care so much about it. you're not getting any dps buff by using it. and thats not to mention, it was just rereleased a few months ago so there goes your argument.
2) the lore reason made sense. i dont understand why you dont believe them? DE cares about detail like this whether you care or don't. its why warframe is so damn good.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

2 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

almost all non cosmetic items you mentioned have and will return at some point in the future

Primed Chamber will most likely not return

17 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

Sure, Excalibur Prime is a desperate mistake (as far as I know), Snipetron is a lore mistake (I'm not buying it but OK), Primed Vigor is a loyalty reward (rly?), Primed Chamber is an event reward....

I don't care what some might say, these are mistakes that will eventually kill a game, a game that is aiming for online PVE, a game's current goal is not chill out, we are not playing Stardew Valley here.

Oh, so rewarding founders who contributed greatly to making the game advance is a mistake? 

Seems like everything this player cant have right now is the ultimate mistake made by DE... ofc...

EDIT: 

+ asking for no more time exclusive items ingame is basically the same as just asking:

"Can you pls stop rewarding player with nice rewardsin events"

Edited by Teshin_Dax

I'd say that I'm all right with Excal Prime, lato, skana Prime being exclusive. Warframe never would have made it this far without the original contributors putting in the money early on, and such a reward is deserved, because sending them a T-shirt for over two hundred dollars wouldn't be very sporting. For helping the game early on, they deserve what they get here.

But, you already reached a consensus on that point, so I rest my case and accept your opinion. Be warned, I bet most will read your post and think that excal is a main driving point, which is misleading. If I were you, I wouldn't have brought that up, because a lot of people are going to make pointless arguments based on that.

However, everything else you mentioned is not exclusive. Primed chamber has come back. Snipetron has come back. People thought machetes and wrath weapons wouldn't come back, and they did.

I would be as angry as you if I knew they were truly exclusive. But DE has proven many times that they are willing to re-release things unavailable. Only patience is needed, and even primed chamber was once released in a contest again, when absolutely nobody thought it ever would return.

Edited by Snydrex
Clarification.

2 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

You, my sir, prove my exact point. The very example of hyped player that didn't bother to read ppl's post (and think), just assuming my POV.

And If I have to talk about Founder's pack, if you want to give them something special, make the prime a skin, no actual benefit.

Still, as I said, I will give DE the benefit of sympathy on this one.

I read your post, I suggest you try to be a little less agressive and read a little better, I was merely explaining the things you either did not believe or did not get. 
Try to be more contructive then immediately bashing on people that comment on your post in another way then you see fit. 

Also warframe is not in the pay2win mode, sure you are able to get warframes easier and faster, but whats the fun in that? Also getting the right loadout and mods and weapons and levels is something you can't just buy with real life money anyway.

1 minute ago, CaptainZgred said:

Primed Chamber will most likely not return.

8952cffbedce061636f51763ad01fea6.png

Link to [DE]Rebecca's comment

Primed Chamber was never confirmed to be a special exclusive mod, it just has been retired a very long time. Braton Vandal was a similar issue. It has not come back in 4+ years, however, it was confirmed for a later Relay Construction event on Digital Extremes' Reddit AMA:

7b650ac4dc353a77fcdb9f743fdac737.png

3 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

1) snipetron is 1 of the S#&$tiest snipers so why do you care so much about it. you're not getting any dps buff by using it. and thats not to mention, it was just rereleased a few months ago so there goes your argument.
2) the lore reason made sense. i dont understand why you dont believe them? DE cares about detail like this whether you care or don't. its why warframe is so damn good.

OK, we can talk about this like civilized person instead of ' says a lot about what you know'

1) I don't know what the first sentence it, but assuming you are saying dps, like I said in my post, it does not matter, if it is not a skin, a player deserve to make a choice, the game should not make the choice for a player. And if it was 'released' again, where can I find it now?

2) I'm not buying it is because, say you are the developer. You have a great game, you have a weapon in this game, one day you realize 'oops, there is something wrong with lore', and if you are the developer, what would you do? Screw the players and remove it? I'm not not buying the reason, I'm not buying the behavior. And besides, although the lore in whole is not bad, there are plenty other thing I noticed can use a touch, rather than 'let's remove a weapon'. If it was me, I would go ' the weapon is already out there, we can't remove it, it will screw the players, how about change it's lore so it can stay?'. Something along those line would be a better thinking process I would be buying.