Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Making Non-cosmetic Item Exclusive

WitchRanger

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

8952cffbedce061636f51763ad01fea6.png

Link to [DE]Rebecca's comment

Primed Chamber was never confirmed to be a special exclusive mod, it just has been retired a very long time. Braton Vandal was a similar issue. It has not come back in 4+ years, however, it was confirmed for a later Relay Construction event on Digital Extremes' Reddit AMA:

This post dates back to July 19 2013. If something needs over 4 years to come back in a game which is not even 5 years old, it will, and I'm gonna say it again, *most likely* not return.

7 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

Seems like everything this player cant have right now is the ultimate mistake made by DE... ofc...

EDIT: 

+ asking for no more time exclusive items ingame is basically the same as just asking:

"Can you pls stop rewarding player with nice rewardsin events"

Asking rewarding player with nice events rewards with ACTUAL BENEFITS it's like,

'Let's play Stardew Valley'

Meh. everything that is not the founder pack can return in time. Some of the old ones have already returned over time in some way. The old vandals are known to return at some date so those are not a permanent issue, just a matter of time. and no new exclusives have not been made, some just require you to be around in a certain time frame.

24 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

a lot of players is protecting WF and DE like protecting a little child.

the moment I read this I realized OP will never lose this debate not because he'll win but because he's just going to refuse to lose.

if you're going to essentially call everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view a protective fanboy then your argument holds no value anymore

Founder pack is exclusive and will remain so forever (but you already accepted that)
it was not a 'mistake'

all other items have and will return one way or another
if you don't like that they're not available 24/7, too bad.
the game is already pretty diluted with loot.
people already complain about Baro bringing trash every 2 weeks, adding more to him will just increase that.
bounties already have so much stuff that adding more will just make it worse.
the same goes for Sorties

23 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

1) I don't know what the first sentence it, but assuming you are saying dps, like I said in my post, it does not matter, if it is not a skin, a player deserve to make a choice, the game should not make the choice for a player. And if it was 'released' again, where can I find it now?

2) I'm not buying it is because, say you are the developer. You have a great game, you have a weapon in this game, one day you realize 'oops, there is something wrong with lore', and if you are the developer, what would you do? Screw the players and remove it? I'm not not buying the reason, I'm not buying the behavior. And besides, although the lore in whole is not bad, there are plenty other thing I noticed can use a touch, rather than 'let's remove a weapon'. If it was me, I would go ' the weapon is already out there, we can't remove it, it will screw the players, how about change it's lore so it can stay?'. Something along those line would be a better thinking process I would be buying.

1) The Snipetron Vandal is much better than Snipetron, that is what their point was. It has made multiple appearances in the past for time-sensitive events, but it is hardly an exclusive.

2) DE has not screwed anyone, it was made available multiple times. It is not DE's problem you did not buy it. Are you going to complain now that Acolyte mods are exclusives and so is Gorgon Wraith? Give me a break.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

5 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

8952cffbedce061636f51763ad01fea6.png

Link to [DE]Rebecca's comment

Primed Chamber was never confirmed to be a special exclusive mod, it just has been retired a very long time. Braton Vandal was a similar issue. It has not come back in 4+ years, however, it was confirmed for a later Relay Construction event on Digital Extremes' Reddit AMA:

7b650ac4dc353a77fcdb9f743fdac737.png

My main point is basically, NO RETIREMENT, if the item provide actual benefit, why would retire it in anyway possible, in  an competitive game?

1 minute ago, CaptainZgred said:

This post dates back to July 19 2013. If something needs over 4 years to come back in a game which is not even 5 years old, it will, and I'm gonna say it again, *most likely* not return.

You didn't even quote my counter example which clearly proves that DE will still release it in time. Trying to determine DE's priorities and scheduling is beyond impossible unless you can mind control Steve with Nyx and make them release what you want when you want it.

2 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

My main point is basically, NO RETIREMENT, if the item provide actual benefit, why would retire it in anyway possible, in  an competitive game?

This game is not competitive. It is unfortunate it is retired, but your OP is "Stop exclusives that are not a cosmetic" not "Stop Retiring gear". Maybe you should make a more thought out OP next time if you meant something else.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1) The Snipetron Vandal is much better than Snipetron, that is what their point was. It has made multiple appearances in the past for time-sensitive events, but it is hardly an exclusive.

2) DE has not screwed anyone, it was made available multiple times. It is not DE's problem because you did not buy it. Are you going to complain now that Acolyte mods are exclusives and so is Gorgon Wraith? Give me a break.

Why wouldn't you make them always available in a competitive game? For rewards purpose, k, ill buy that. Let's say you are playing a MOBA, or any other game, a item was on sell 1 day before you play, and if provided 100% extra free damage, are you going to complain it or just say to yourself 'damn, I still can be NO.1 w/o that 100% extra damage'

You didn't even quote my counter example which clearly proves that DE will still release it in time. Trying to determine DE's priorities and scheduling is beyond impossible unless you can mind control Steve with Nyx and make them release what you want when you want it.

7b650ac4dc353a77fcdb9f743fdac737.png

"no details on the event ETA!" - doesn't sound overly optimistic, does it

This game is not competitive. It is unfortunate it is retired, but your OP is "Stop exclusives that are not a cosmetic" not "Stop Retiring gear". Maybe you should make a more thought out OP next time if you meant something else.

If this game does not have a competitive bone in it (with yourself, others, of the PVE), what it is? Why people should play it? What it it's goal?

21 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

2) I'm not buying it is because, say you are the developer. You have a great game, you have a weapon in this game, one day you realize 'oops, there is something wrong with lore', and if you are the developer, what would you do? Screw the players and remove it? I'm not not buying the reason, I'm not buying the behavior.

Here's the thing, though-- they didn't remove the Snipetron. It was retired from the marketplace, but it's still an event weapon that becomes available to everyone on rare occasions (with the understanding that it is 100% not viable and 100% not lore-friendly).

I don't get why you're so frustrated by this. You're fairly new, so it's not like you need the Mastery exp from the Snipetron (since you can get what you need from the hundreds of weapons already available). Not to mention that if you absolutely need the Snipetron because you like its mechanics, you can just grab a Snipetron Vandal (which is better than the Snipetron in almost every way).

EDIT:

12 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

If this game does not have a competitive bone in it (with yourself, others, of the PVE), what it is? Why people should play it? What it it's goal?

Is this your first time playing a PVE game, by any chance?

The entire game is centered around teaming up to defeat AI-controlled enemies. Warframe isn't competitive, in the same way that Left 4 Dead or Cuphead or <literally any multiplayer game that isn't directly PVP> isn't competitive. Your goal isn't to somehow outdo each other, your goal is to help each other win.

Edited by SortaRandom

il y a 10 minutes, CaptainZgred a dit :

Oh, so rewarding founders who contributed greatly to making the game is a mistake? 

FTFY. Founder packs were basically a crowdfunding operation considering the state DE was at the time.

On topic: there are a grand total of 4 things that are not cosmatic and are not back in the game. 

1) Founder pack: like it or not, out of respect and more importantly a legal commitment DE will NOT re-release founder pack gear. It's not a question of whether it's good/fair/you like it etc, it just won't happen. 

2) Primed Chamber: admittedly the wonkiest one, though i can assure you that most snipers save for a Vectis have far better options. That said, it has come back in the form of lottery reward thrice and was given out in 100 copies during an event. It might even come back, nothing definite has been said afaik. 

3 and 4) Braton and Lato Vandal: the devs have stated multiple times they want them to come back and that they will work on the how, no ETA though. 

Snipetron has been back twice already. 

So besides that, what is the point of your post exactly apart from a bit of the good old doom speech?

1 minute ago, CaptainZgred said:

"no details on the event ETA!" - doesn't sound overly optimistic, does it

Plains of Eidolon and Plague Star happened, but such systems for relay reconstruction have been talked about on Devstreams before and if you watch closely when DE plays on the Dev Build, you can clearly see on the star-chart that such mechanics are in place. Again, whether or not something releases in a certain time frame is IMPOSSIBLE to determine from DE.

1 minute ago, WitchRanger said:

Asking rewarding player with nice events rewards with ACTUAL BENEFITS it's like,

What do you have against Stardew Valley?

Anyway, what reason would the players have to play the events if they wouldn't be rewarded something noteworthy?  Think a bit before speaking, please.

Furthermore, your focus on Founders content is misguided. DE literally made a contract with them and it is ILLEGAL for them to break that contract. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, accept the fact that those things are never coming back, because that's how laws work.

Finally, stop complaining about not being able to get "exclusive" event content, play the game, and when they return, be there to snatch them. You're complaining about game spoon-feeding you, while at the same time demanding spoon-feeding. Make up your mind!

P.S. Warframe is not a competitive game, stop acting like it is.

Just now, Autongnosis said:

FTFY. Founder packs were basically a crowdfunding operation considering the state DE was at the time.

On topic: there are a grand total of 4 things that are not cosmatic and are not back in the game. 

1) Founder pack: like it or not, out of respect and more importantly a legal commitment DE will NOT re-release founder pack gear. It's not a question of whether it's good/fair/you like it etc, it just won't happen. 

2) Primed Chamber: admittedly the wonkiest one, though i can assure you that most snipers save for a Vectis have far better options. That said, it has come back in the form of lottery reward thrice and was given out in 100 copies during an event. It might even come back, nothing definite has been said afaik. 

3 and 4) Braton and Lato Vandal: the devs have stated multiple times they want them to come back and that they will work on the how, no ETA though. 

Snipetron has been back twice already. 

So besides that, what is the point of your post exactly apart from a bit of the good old doom speech?

Besides that, rly?

You proved my point, what is wrong should not be consider right just because a player CAN settle with less.

Most argument I see is about ' why would you want xxxx, xx is much better.'

No, that is player's decision, not anybody else's. 

In an extreme case, why wouldn't we all just have the best sniper, the best shot gun, etc, and throw away everything else.

'You don't need anything else anyways/'

vor 3 Minuten schrieb WitchRanger:

Events always brought new special time exclusive items with benefits to the table. (Tradition)
If that is and will be an issue for you.. then this is simply not a game for you.

You questioned the way they rewarded founders? It "kills" the game?

You know, these people paid money when this game had nearly no content.. i get it.. you are new and cant know this..
However .. if you do a Little more research you would know that this game nearly died and wouldnt exist without the Founder Packs (and the items from it)..

It saved the game.. there is no reason to question the way they rewarded founders if the game wouldnt exist without them.. 
If someone saves your big Project in life or even your life itself... you shouldnt question if this one deserves the reward 

You proved my point, what is wrong should not be consider right just because a player CAN settle with less.

And what is your definition of right and wrong?

Most argument I see is about ' why would you want xxxx, xx is much better.'

Yeah, that's a stupid argument since Warframe is in a big part a collecting game.

29 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

There is one thing I have to say: Stop making non-cosmetic item exclusive/lime limited etc.

Yes, I'm talking about Excalibur Prime, Primed Chamber and more.

..... I failed to see any logical reason behind gating non-cosmetic items behind walls.

First off, Excal prime was a founder only deal........ are you a founder ?

Did you pay $250 to support the development of the game in its infancy?

NO?

Oh well sorry you're never getting excal prime. It was intended as a reward for those that helped fund the game to start with.

Primed chamber will likely NEVER return

Primed vigor..... Never EVER needed this but i guess if you want it that badly..... be more dedicated and play more often and get your tribute reward

Snipetron - i unlocked via plague star event as they returned it during that...... i already have snipetron vandal... and snipetron has been outclassed by other snipers since its hayday

these are mistakes that will eventually kill a game

5 Years anniversary this year

Also putting HUGE sections of bold comes off as agressive.

Now...... put your big boy pants back on a get on with the grind! !!!