Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Making Non-cosmetic Item Exclusive

WitchRanger

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

The way you used SV there made it look like you were referring to it as an unrewarding game, which, I disagree with.

Look, I'd agree with the skin if it was a one time only deal. That would make said skin rewarding. But  with riven fluctuation, DE duffing/nerfing weapons and so on, a weapon is a much better reward, because even if today it is trash, who knows if it won't be the meta tomorrow. Which makes weapons such as the Supra Vandal super desirable these days, and further incentivizes players to play the game. A skin... eh, big deal. I wouldn't personally waste my time on an event just for a mere skin.

Excalibur Prime was mentioned in the first post. That's where the war begun, mate.

Look, that's fair enough and all, but, I seriously doubt there is a single MMO out there that allows to farm all of it's content. Locked content is a strategy to keep players engaged. Locked content makes said content more valuable when it comes back. Your view is very idealistic in this situation, and while I don't particularly agree or disagree with that view, that everything has to be grind-able, the realist in me just says it is never going to happen, simply because this is an MMO.

P.S. I don't. I just play Warframe cause it's fun. Numbers mean nothing to me. Not to mention, even after this long, I still take my time in mission, cause I just enjoy the game. Simple as that. Maybe your competitive streak is much (and I mean MUCH) higher than mine, but Warframe is just a co-op game to me, so, no competition to be found.

Thank you for being chill.

And yes, SV is great.

You would be surprised in MMORPG what people would do for cosmetic. 

But, generally, I think you argument is valid but the problem being, if you think about a game in a bigger picture, for example, you are a dev yourself. You have to care for all aspects and decided which road you want head, what choices are much important than others. If we are talking about the game's problem, I don't think it is right to only think I about 'I don't care about xxx, so whoever is talking about xxx should shut up right now.'

No, that is not the right way. To make anything better, you have to think of the bigger picture, and in this case, think about everybody's possible opinion and make the choice.

2 minutes ago, Xion said:

Didn't you read his other posts? People compete for 1% extra damage. Because you know, this game is competitive. Because you know, we aren't OP enough already. Because you know, we need to be able to farm this strong, yet situational mod 24/7.

/s

My bad. I did not realize I queued up Ranked on the Warframe Forums when I launched Chrome.

/s

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, Xion said:

Didn't you read his other posts? People compete for 1% extra damage. Because you know, this game is competitive. Because you know, we aren't OP enough already. Because you know, we need to be able to farm this strong, yet situational mod 24/7.

/s

Although you are being sarcastic, you kind of proved my point.

So.....maybe try think it from another POV?

15 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Everyone besides you has read the OP and your comments. I think the internal issue is that you are not reading anyone else's comments and just throwing the same argument at people who already proved them invalid.

You too :heart: 

...I'm being replying non-stop. Sarcasm need to build on some truth, dude. Or it just....stupid.

4 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

And yes, SV is great.

But, generally, I think you argument is valid but the problem being, if you think about a game in a bigger picture, for example, you are a dev yourself. You have to care for all aspects and decided which road you want head, what choices are much important than others. If we are talking about the game's problem, I don't think it is right to only think I about 'I don't care about xxx, so whoever is talking about xxx should shut up right now.'

No, that is not the right way. To make anything better, you have to think of the bigger picture, and in this case, think about everybody's possible opinion and make the choice.

And as game devs you say that it is up to them to make the choice, but you here, not a dev of Warframe, saying that they made the wrong choice. You are saying your choice is superior to those you claim are the ones who's job is to make the choice.

As a game dev myself, I can assure you there are distinct reasons devs retire things.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

Just now, RayxAyanami said:

Mate, how long have you played for anyways. We get threads like these on the daily from "New players" who clearly do not have any experience with Warframes.

Mate, I literally said in the second paragraph.

I get reply like this every 1 second from players who clearly do not read people's post carefully enough.

1 minute ago, WitchRanger said:

Mate, I literally said in the second paragraph.

I get reply like this every 1 second from players who clearly do not read people's post carefully enough.

That's because it's 4 pages of the same thing being said

Edited by --Q--Captain

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

And as game devs you say that it is up to them to make the choice, but you here, not a dev of Warframe, are saying that they made the wrong choice. You are saying your choice is superior to those you claim are the ones who's job is to make the choice.

As a game dev myself, I can assure you there are distinct reasons devs retire things.

Have you ever, ever, at all, heard of something called 'feedback'? 

Are you saying your, as a dev, your choice is always better with or without any feed back.

And as a player myself, I can assure you there are reasons and decisions were made right, and wrong.

1 hour ago, WitchRanger said:

I'm a somewhat new player, once in while I want to quit WF and I did (and I came back when I don't have better games to play).

Oh yes. It clearly gave me the exact time, not vague at all. Sorry for my ignorance.

Edited by RayxAyanami

Just now, WitchRanger said:

Have you ever, ever, at all, heard of something called 'feedback'? 

Are you saying your, as a dev, your choice is always better with or without any feed back.

And as a player myself, I can assure you there are reasons and decisions were made right, and wrong.

If we are going to talk about feedback, DE is not really someone you can back up about listening to feedback..

Just now, --Q--Captain said:

If we are going to talk about feedback, DE is not really someone you can back up about listening to feedback..

I'm 100% aware of that. But does it physically pains you that something you like is making mistakes (whatever the mistakes are), and everybody else is like 'OH YEAH! DE IS THE BEST OF THE UNIVERSE!'

I'm 100% aware of that. But does it physically pains you that something you like is making mistakes (whatever the mistakes are), and everybody else is like 'OH YEAH! DE IS THE BEST OF THE UNIVERSE!'

8 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

You said it yourself here buddy, not everyone shares the same opinions..

we all know they make mistakes, big ones in fact, but they do more good than bad, that's why they're the best 

and ye I guess, some ppl have blind faith, but why even make mention them? 

4 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

And yes, SV is great.

Oh, I'm aware people are going mental for skins. Which is why it is a better business strategy for DE to sell them rather than give them away. So long as they don't have infinite money, like Valve does, DE will be forced to think of Warframe as a business first and as a game second, and strike a balance with that.

And that''s really what i boils down to. If DE makes the game better, they will have to take something away so that the business survives. Games are business these days, and, as much as we don't like it, decisions are taken based upon that. DE nerfs stuff because people are being sent away by the thing they nerfed, which means they are losing money. DE buffs many things at once because they will give them an immediate surge in profit. DE locks content away because of the ever increasing value of said items, which they make money from. They'd rather get the profit from your 300 plat transaction to get the Surpa Vandal than get the 50 plat you could potentially spend to rush building it.

It's not about making the game better. It's never been about making the game better. DE needs money, like any company. Warframe is just the means for them to get those money. So, items will come out of lock only when DE doesn't see them as valuable anymore.

2 minutes ago, RayxAyanami said:

Oh yes. It clearly gave me the exact time, not vague at all. Sorry for my ignorance.

I forgive your ignorance, my noble sir, for one man's ignorance is other's wisdom. And my wisdom of the day is that, 'I don't know it is a universal rule to write down how much time you have played a game in the beginning of a post, especially detailed to the last second.'

1 minute ago, WitchRanger said:

The only problem I see with the arguments so far is that you treat the game as a competitive one and the only reason to get this mod is to compete? However, there is a way to get this mod, and idk if it's out of pride or laziness, but you refuse to go and work to get this mod. Yes, this mod has been inflated to the point that it's not realistic, but it is possible. You CAN still get it, you CAN work for it, and if as you say, competitive people would grind and grind for that 1%, what's stopping you from working towards that 60%?

In this game, if you can still buy it, then it's not exclusive. It's just reserved for that 1% (or in Primed Chamber's case, 0.000~1%). All of your other examples: Founders, Snipetron, etc can all be labeled as some form of exclusive, timed or otherwise. Primed Chamber, I would argue it's only limited to the people who worked hard enough for it.

6 minutes ago, WitchRanger said:

Which is? If you would be so kind to sum up what is the same thing and save everybody's time.

Literally the 4th comment on this thread:

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The only example of non-cosmetic exclusives is the Founders Pack which was almost 5 years ago. Lato and Braton Vandal will be back at some point, and since the founders pack, DE has not made a single exclusive item that was not a cosmetic. Primed Chamber, Snipetron, Machete, Supra Vandal, Plague Zaws etc. will be back in the future, whether or not it is soon is another can of worms entirely.