Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the recent massive weapons rework, we could use an increase on Riven Slot limit.

Exterminator

I'd also like to finally see a mod config and appearance config tab increase.

ABC is no longer sufficient. It feels like the NHS/emergency services in the UK - struggling under the pressure despite the ever increasing demand. Too many cosmetics T_T

Edited by Valiant

9 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

I don't think you understand why the riven slot limit is even in place.

Riven mods take up more memory on DE's servers than regular assembly line mods.
increasing the limit to a level that the servers can't handle will negatively affect the game

So. Riven slots are purchased with money. If people are reaching the limit, via purchasing, then it's in their best interest to figure it out, and increase it. It's their job to meet the demand of paying customers. If they don't, then they lose out on sales. It's not the concern of the customer as to how difficult game design is, online or not. 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb BaIthazar:

increasing the limit to a level that the servers can't handle will negatively affect the game

yep. every riven is unique so every single riven takes more space. even at 90 maximum slots there are many many riven in existence and each and every single one takes up a tiny bit of space to save its individual roll. buying slots means buying space on DEs servers directly, kind of, more so than for any other item in the game. its not that easy to just increase the limit in this case because the server actually need the space and power to handle all of it where the space is prolly the way bigger issue rather than just handling the processing.

vor 1 Minute schrieb shoopypit:

So. Riven slots are purchased with money. If people are reaching the limit, via purchasing, then it's in their best interest to figure it out, and increase it. It's their job to meet the demand of paying customers. If they don't, then they lose out on sales. It's not the concern of the customer as to how difficult game design is, online or not. 

there are already tons of rivens out there and fusing rivens is actually one way to recycle all the overrolled garbage noone would buy anyway and actually just takes up slots. i assume most ppl with 90 rivens have many they still need to roll or at least are cycle fodder so if a riven really doesnt want to turn out great its now recycleable with 3 of its kind of bandaid. for those at 90 rivens and each and every single one being very usable its kind of an issue tho but i dont think thats the majority.

Edited by Xydeth

2 minutes ago, shoopypit said:

what Xydeth said.

what part of "DE's servers have limited space for Rivens" did you not understand

8 minutes ago, shoopypit said:

Increasing the limit also increases the size taken on the server, which leads to that they need to upgrade the servers capacity, which leads to an increased operating cost. Servers themselves arent exactly cheap to run, and the increase in cost may not be worth it in their economy or that is what i assume.

1 hour ago, Exterminator said:

With new weapons suddenly being more viable and usable, I find myself picking up more Rivens than I have bothered to since last August. Riven slot limit increase could help tremendously on regard, as many more people's riven storage gets bloated.

Have you bought all the extra Slots from the Market?

The cap is 90. You nor anyone else routinely uses 90 separate weapons. More space is not needed to sit on something that has no realistic shot at being sold for anything near the "thousands" of Plat that seems to pervade this community.

DE doesn't care that the market they have no hand in is cratered every time they unvault something or they make a change to the game.

46 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

what Xydeth said.

what part of "DE's servers have limited space for Rivens" did you not understand

Oh. I understood perfectly. I responded with an argument. I wasn't paraphrasing what they said. 

It is not the consumers concern about the operating cost or limitations or any other number of obstacles the developer might face. It's irrelevant to the actual feedback. 

You know, it's called a brain, most people have one. You should try using it every once in a while

54 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

yep. every riven is unique so every single riven takes more space. even at 90 maximum slots there are many many riven in existence and each and every single one takes up a tiny bit of space to save its individual roll. buying slots means buying space on DEs servers directly, kind of, more so than for any other item in the game. its not that easy to just increase the limit in this case because the server actually need the space and power to handle all of it where the space is prolly the way bigger issue rather than just handling the processing.

there are already tons of rivens out there and fusing rivens is actually one way to recycle all the overrolled garbage noone would buy anyway and actually just takes up slots. i assume most ppl with 90 rivens have many they still need to roll or at least are cycle fodder so if a riven really doesnt want to turn out great its now recycleable with 3 of its kind of bandaid. for those at 90 rivens and each and every single one being very usable its kind of an issue tho but i dont think thats the majority.

My only point, was that it isnt a consumers concern what the limitations of the developer are . It's irrelevant to feedback. If someone has ninety rivens, and wants more, it is an actual critique that they're allowed to have, wanting more riven space. They're willing to use real world money, and actually purchase.more space. If they want more buying customers, or rather, existing customers spending more, then this is a way to do it

1 hour ago, BaIthazar said:

Dude, having the little rotating icons update based on server data what of what boosters and crafting you have going on is more intensive on servers than the 22-38 bytes it takes to store id for riven values (assuming the person/people that implemented rivens wasnt/werent all hit in the head with a hammer every second while at DE and made it based on PRNG offset tables, which is very likely seeing how there is no unique factors on rivens). Even so, you could give everyone 100 rivens and it still wouldnt do anythingsince the game isnt using weapon data in calculations till you are in a mission hitting things which are P2P so at worst the "performance hit" is the same rivens already cause when someone has a riven on each weapon... and it would only effect loading time.

Back to topic, Rivens are a platinum bait/built as a moneygrab bordering in P2W (probably designed by someone outside of the actual weapon/warframe/enemy design/gameplay loop team) so slots for it have to be a proportionally expensive platinum sink to not entirely break everything as market inflation keeps going (with riven transmutation being the second part to vastly slow down value deflation of the rivens themselves at least as more and more are generated), thus wont happen/wouldnt even be smart to happen despite the positive reception.

Edited by Andele3025