Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Eidolon] Lures are just blocking whole view

Unicornu

I saw there was a topic but couldn't find it anymore so just a friendly reminder here. As the "owner" of lures role i'm all happy with new looks and the fact they no longer fly to sky but having just more than 2 of them is causing serious visual problems being literally forced to run ahead of lures to be able to shoot and see anything. I know there are only 2 needed but as a new hunter in process of mastering i'm using at least 3 still in case. We either need them smaller after pick up or make them so they never fly in front of us and also their lighting effect after being charged is just blinding. I think the icon on minimap is just enough or adding a small buff lure icon would do as information how many charged lures we own. Personally the visual experience of hunting those eidolons is the only unpleasant part for me right now.

35d45lw.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, you actually DO need three lures for the other two eidolons, so three lures being completely obnoxious is probably a pretty common thing for people to have to deal with and be troubled by.

...That doesn't... FIX anything though.

The lures are waaaaay to big, especially given their function and lifespan. Making them half the size should fix part of the issue. Then, one could have them hover closer to the ground instead of their current up-and-in-your-face style.

And the blinding aura they have is horribly annoying for one other reason: good luck spoting the vomvalysts closing in to heal the eidolon after having the lures in your face for the whole fight's duration :D

A lure the size of an osprey that floats a waist height and doesn't shine like a sun - maybe just a faint aura, similar to Rhino's Iron Skin when wearing the Palatine skin. I'd like that!

And while we're at it, I wouldn't mind if the vomvalysts would be brighter in their material form... and to compensate, maybe make'em shine like the lures are right now in their energy form. It will be a bit more pleasant. The bright auras having a better purpose than just burning our retinas :)

Yes, to be able to shoot anything i either bullet jump (if they won't block me from jumping because that also happens) or have a marathon with those lures. And hah good luck trying to find a vombalyst indeed, my ears got better at finding them rather than my eyes. That needs change otherwise the team will never have 4 teammates but 3 and a half and so on :)

Also telling which one to hold position is a nightmare too. Maybe just one button for all of them instead of trying to catch them like running toddlers twins and then realize u forgot one....I tried that to see if i can cast buff, tell them to hold and leave the area to decrease my energy pizza spam but nope, too much headache.

Woudn it be possible to change theyr AI so that they would still fallow warframe, but  would be "afraid" of eidolans and would position itself always "outside" of it or "away". Not too sure how to phrase it.

Edited by Enjutsu7

4 hours ago, Enjutsu7 said:

Woudn it be possible to change theyr AI so that they would still fallow warframe, but  would be "afraid" of eidolans and would position itself always "outside" of it or "away". Not too sure how to phrase it.

It wouldn't work due to the Hold Position/Follow interaction, not to mention, them getting too afraid to do their job would just let the eidolon yolo around the plains.

3 hours ago, xXHell_ScreamXx said:

Agreed. Lures should follow behind, not in your line of fire.

which they tend to do 80% of the time.....

Pets don't get in our crosshairs much and neither would the lures if they would be the size of a roller ball and float above the ground, not above our nose.

But you know, I'm kinda wondering if these pesky balloons aren't designed to be an incovenience :D

And an example how far ahead of us lures can bounce. Psst, try to find vomvalyst on picture ;)

28m2z2g.jpg

And this is how i wish to have a view 100% of the time, not 20% after running ahead and without eye blinding energy lighting effects:

Spoiler

2lj5f7o.jpg

Edited by Unicornu

23 minutes ago, Himenoinu said:

It wouldn't work due to the Hold Position/Follow interaction, not to mention, them getting too afraid to do their job would just let the eidolon yolo around the plains.

You missunderstood me, there's a reason i mentioned afraid in quotation marks.

Lures still fallow warframe around, but also make sure theyr position is opposite from eidolan with warframe being in the middle.

But since im not a programmer or how exactly it's made i don't know if it's possible.

Edited by Enjutsu7

Eidolon fight are really good BUT have only one trouble : The lure.

They are always blocking view, and they are made of magic and disappear for no reason before the end of the night .... Two things that make the boss fight a bad experience and a not so fun fight.

At the end of the night (2 min before the real end), active (controled by players) lures must stay utile eidolon disapear.

4 minutes ago, Messkoo said:

and they are made of magic and disappear for no reason before the end of the night ....

That's one problem I didn't face yet, but I have to agree it does sound wrong. Very wrong. Lures are grineer tech. They ain't sentients or void beings or anything inbetween.

Now if I'd try to bring some logic to their half-a-day life cycle, it'd probably have to have something to do with the sentients roaming the plains at night providing the lores with energy. During the day, since there are no vomvalysts around at all, the energy disipates and them annoying balloons just deflate.

That could actually work with the game mechanics too. The lures would just deflate a minute after the eidolon went away with its minions and become unusable objects during the day. At nightfall a player could interact with them again, resuming the hunt (assuming the player remained in the plains), with no need to circle the camps again for new lures.

1 hour ago, Enjutsu7 said:

Lures still fallow warframe around, but also make sure theyr position is opposite from eidolan with warframe being in the middle.

That could actually work! Would still prefer them smaller and not glowing like a mini-sun though :D

2 hours ago, Himenoinu said:

That's one problem I didn't face yet, but I have to agree it does sound wrong. Very wrong.

They pretty much disappear a few seconds after you're warned by Onkko that the day is approaching. Completely bogus. When it happened to me, I thought I accidentally let them die somehow, making me paranoid that the lures are way more fragile than I thought.

But yeah, them getting in the way is also quite annoying. I mean, if you spend half the time trying to line up a shot past all the lures you need to keep around, something's seriously wrong.

There is another problem. All the pin points / marker / objectives that makes whole view blurry.. Doing bounty at night is pretty hard nowadays. Besides main and secondary markers we have 1 for each player that makes sense (6 or 7 together). Plus we have unlimited sentient cores markes/ lures marks/ cyan or ember star marks they are great when you are doing hunting, but they are pain in the back when doing regular bounty mission and have one player who kills Vomvalysts and hack lures all the time. So in minute or two we have plus 20 markers. Can we make them like time or range visible (100 meter)

Lures are probably the most difficult part of the fight for me, they are just too powerful on top of being more literally blinding than an endgame fashion frame.

They Get-Down-Mr-President the Eidolons and completely negate all my damage like its the most natural thing to do and the lures even do damage to players now that almost everyone is using T3 Amps that have self-damage.

Whether I am trying to jump over a telegraphed aoe wave or dodge roll out of a column of retina burning death, they always seem to be there ready to hold me down or sacrifice themselves to prevent me from escaping.

Its like I'm being forced to protect someone that's actively trying to sabotage me in every way and at every opportunity possible.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Is "Hold Position" option no longer available?

I think its as much

• Previously when it was one-shot-chroma, it was a simple fix: Chroma doesn't control the lures and they never block his shot.
  • Previously they held position on your warframe automatically when you went to tenno - so they didn't interfere with your tenno blasts AND you could manage their positions without having to get perfect position to even have the Press X to interact with them
  • Previously you didnt need as many since Terry is pretty much a push over and can be dispatched without much more than halitosis and he only needs 2 for a capture.
  • Previously they weren't as blinding as they are now.

So hold position is still there, but what you really want is a "GTFO of the way" button.