Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance Issues PS4/Xbox One

(PSN)MadDogs98

I get that the ps4 and xbox one toasters compared to a good pc but please we need some optimization.  I have been playing since ps4 came out and we always have had issues but its getting really bad.  We need to be able to turn particles down to reduce lag or decrease graphic looks for better frame rate.  It would also be fantastic if we can get a ps4 pro patch on ps4 and xbox one to use the power of them.  DE please hear our crys on console, we need better frame rates as POE is very hard to enjoy when the game stutters or crashes because it wont run.  Thank you

20 hours ago, (PS4)MadDogs98 said:

I get that the ps4 and xbox one toasters compared to a good pc but please we need some optimization.  I have been playing since ps4 came out and we always have had issues but its getting really bad.  We need to be able to turn particles down to reduce lag or decrease graphic looks for better frame rate.  It would also be fantastic if we can get a ps4 pro patch on ps4 and xbox one to use the power of them.  DE please hear our crys on console, we need better frame rates as POE is very hard to enjoy when the game stutters or crashes because it wont run.  Thank you

When you can convince the majority on console who race to the store to buy the same system 3 times over in a single generation to ask for FPS instead of GRAPHICS and 4K support then maybe you'll get somewhere. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)scrylite said:

When you can convince the majority on console who race to the store to buy the same system 3 times over in a single generation to ask for FPS instead of GRAPHICS and 4K support then maybe you'll get somewhere. 

Why is your response so hostile.  The fact of the matter is we should be able to choose what we want especially because this is a long standing issue.  And if i dont voice my opinion nothing will happen to better the game.  DE needs these platforms to do well and most console player want higher fps to be able to play the game.

17 hours ago, (PS4)MadDogs98 said:

Why is your response so hostile.  The fact of the matter is we should be able to choose what we want especially because this is a long standing issue.  And if i dont voice my opinion nothing will happen to better the game.  DE needs these platforms to do well and most console player want higher fps to be able to play the game.

Wasn't meant to be hostile. The truth however is console players DO NOT want FPS, they want 4K support. You may want FPS and I agree with your desires but the community of console players has made it clear to M$ and Sony what they really want by voting with there wallets. My suggestion is to start with the true bottleneck in regards to system which is actually neither the software or the APU. The issue #1 is the hard drive. Microsoft for example has deployed there Xbox One (regular version not X version) with a 1998 level performance 5400rpm spindle motor drive. The max throughput on a device of this form factor is not even in the 100Mbps sustained. Consider getting a SSD and download the XBOX dashboard USB update files "OSU01" from Xbox.com support. You will need To download ubuntu Linux to partition the new drive correctly but once that's done you can literally dump the dashboard OS files into the correct partitions then crack open your Xbox and swap the drives. Problem solved. If you have further interest message me and I'll provide full details. If you are on PS4 I'd recommend you search up online exactly the type of drive that Sony uses. I'm under the impression they are to be using Hybrid SSD/motor drives which are substantially better than the drives M$ uses however you could still see a noticeable gain by replacing such a drive with a performance SSD. Unfortunately for PS4 i'm not famaliar with the partition layouts so you would need to be technically inclined enough to pull the drive and inspect it on a PC under a Linux environment preferably.

Edited by (XB1)scrylite

Have you read my posting in "performance" section titled  Xbox/PS4 FPS settings? 

Here read below

Ok in regards to FPS and performance I can advise you the optimal settings for the XBOX one, but I do not own a PS4. I can only assume the options to be nearly identical given there nearly identical hardware platforms.

Go to Options\Interface tab

Only one option here of any display importance outside of preferences

Adjust HUD Margins    Highlight this option and press A on Xbox (X on PS4 I believe...) This should bring you to a new screen with corner brackets be sure to adjust them until they are on the frame of your display almost off the edge. It shouldn't allow you to stretch further than your displays edge as long as you have OVERSCAN disabled on your TV. If you can stretch the brackets outside of your display frame then you need to consult your owners manual of your Tv to find out which menu the option to disable overscan resides.  Overscan is sometimes referred to as full pixel (overscan disabled), with the default option being normal (overscan enabled). This setting in particular resides in the "screen" settings area of a Sony Bravia for example. 

Go to Options\Display tab

Field of View = default (maxed setting being ideal for a more obtuse visual field but may result in slight performance hit and an obvious geometric distortion of depth)

Enable Screen Shake = Disabled (only makes it more difficult to aim)

Adaptive Exposure = Enabled (this is conditional to TV and preference, minimal if any performance loss while enabled and helps with extreme dark areas in grenier ships being underlite)

Glare = Disabled (Again an unnecessary feature which impeeds ability to aim under certain lighting conditions, minimal performance impact either way)

Ambient Occlusion = Disabled (provides for an atmospheric feeling of space and air dimension with depth of view, moderate performance increase with it disabled)

Dynamic Resolution = User w/ Resolution Scale setting @ 100 (allows the GPU to scale down texture resolutions while rendering to reduce FPS drop when it's detected, Auto setting allows Device to scale the resolution to the degree of it's choosing, while User setting of 100 dictates the GPU to scale down the texture @ 100% when FPS drop is detected, Disabled prohibits the GPU from down scaling the rendering textures regardless of the FPS drop severity. Moderate to heavy performance impact with setting on disabled or auto. Highly advised   User w/ 100 resolution scale setting to be used for best performance)

Depth of Field = Disabled (provides for a more life like perception of distance by blurring the textures increasingly with distance from player, performance impact moderate to heavy depending on level or zone)

Motion Blur = Disabled ( provides for more accurate perception of acceleration and velocity by blurring visuals increasingly relative to player's speed, performance impact minimal to moderate)

Bloom = Disabled (provides for more realistic light auras relative to the environment and other light events at the moment, increasing the intensity exacerbates this effect, performance impact minimal to moderate)

Color Correction = Disabled (attempts to adjust for D65 standardized illuminant or Warm color temperature as defined by CIE which simulates the normal mid-daylight in northern/Western Europe. This standard is most commonly used as the platform for the motion picture industry. While it has minimal if any impact on performance it can have drastic effects on white balance depending on the color temperature setting on your TV. It is highly recommended that all display devices be set to Warm, or 6500k color temperature for the most accurate representation (Tv side setting). It should be noted that many TVs out of box are configured to Normal or even Cold color temperature resulting in bright whites being rather blue. If you choose to switch to Warm setting for the first time on your TV it is expected that you will believe the whites to be too red, but the reality is your eyes are use to the bluish whites. Try it for a week on Warm then switch back to normal, you will immediately notice the whites to then appear overly blue.) This option should be disabled in game settings always unless your display device has no color temperature setting option)

Keep in mind these settings provided are for best FRAMERATE only, and will certainly result in visual degradation to a degree.

It should also be noted that some of the above options (when changed) may not take full or any effect until the game is relaunched. I would recommend that Xbox One users quit the game after confirming the changes and then highlight the warframe icon on the dashboard and press Start then select "Manage Game". This will bring you to the manage Warframe screen. Now highlight over the "Saved data" on the left column, you should then be presented with 2 files on the right panel, one file named as your gamertag (gamertag icon) and another file named "Reserved space" (Warframe icon), now highlight the reserved space icon and press A then choose clear reserved space. DO NOT DELETE ALL, or you'll have to wait for the cloud to re-sync with Warframe. You can now relaunch Warframe and all earlier applied settings should be in full effect. Not sure exactly how PS4 manages it's virtual pagefiles for games, but I'd imagine they likely have a similar setup in saved games, and youtube probably has a million videos explaining it.

Edited by (XB1)scrylite

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)scrylite said:

Wasn't meant to be hostile. The truth however is console players DO NOT want FPS, they want 4K support. You may want FPS and I agree with your desires but the community of console players has made it clear to M$ and Sony what they really want by voting with there wallets. My suggestion is to start with the true bottleneck in regards to system which is actually neither the software or the APU. The issue #1 is the hard drive. Microsoft for example has deployed there Xbox One (regular version not X version) with a 1998 level performance 5400rpm spindle motor drive. The max throughput on a device of this form factor is not even in the 100Mbps sustained. Consider getting a SSD and download the XBOX dashboard USB update files "OSU01" from Xbox.com support. You will need To download ubuntu Linux to partition the new drive correctly but once that's done you can literally dump the dashboard OS files into the correct partitions then crack open your Xbox and swap the drives. Problem solved. If you have further interest message me and I'll provide full details. If you are on PS4 I'd recommend you search up online exactly the type of drive that Sony uses. I'm under the impression they are to be using Hybrid SSD/motor drives which are substantially better than the drives M$ uses however you could still see a noticeable gain by replacing such a drive with a performance SSD. Unfortunately for PS4 i'm not famaliar with the partition layouts so you would need to be technically inclined enough to pull the drive and inspect it on a PC under a Linux environment preferably.

Well M$ may not be down with fps but games with a ps4 pro patch have the option to go ether way even Sony's exclusives allow this.  So most Sony gamers want fps over 4k.  And believe it or not i run an SSD on my ps4 and only have the ps4 OS and warframe installed on it and i still get fps drops.  Honestly warframe is jut not optimized well and has many netcode issues.  And please its not hard for DE to add in a slider for performance as its already done on the pc.  Btw ps4 you dont need to do any thing hard to swap the drive.  You literally pull it out and re update the system.  Sony allows it. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)MadDogs98 said:

Well M$ may not be down with fps but games with a ps4 pro patch have the option to go ether way even Sony's exclusives allow this.  So most Sony gamers want fps over 4k.  And believe it or not i run an SSD on my ps4 and only have the ps4 OS and warframe installed on it and i still get fps drops.  Honestly warframe is jut not optimized well and has many netcode issues.  And please its not hard for DE to add in a slider for performance as its already done on the pc.  Btw ps4 you dont need to do any thing hard to swap the drive.  You literally pull it out and re update the system.  Sony allows it. 

Great! Not getting into the whole Sony vs. M$ debate (apples vs. oranges) either way your boasting fruit in a conversation that's wanting the perks of a Steak Dinner. True a lot of the performance issue are centered around connection coding and I'm not suggesting that there couldn't be improvements. I for one would love to see AA and AF settings added. Even a lag bar and a way to test NAT status to Warframe servers (level 3 Black Lotus Communications out of Delaware) would be nice. I just see this complaint a lot in the console realm and I begin to think users have forgotten what the word console means. You claim a lot of things about the PC version but I ask you have you ever run it? And if you have what were the specs of the PC than ran it?

Did you even try the settings above that I listed? Did you not see a performance improvement? Or is it the case that the graphics were to heavy impacted negatively for you to tolerate the trade off?

Edited by (XB1)scrylite

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)scrylite said:

Great! Not getting into the whole Sony vs. M$ debate (apples vs. oranges) either way your boasting fruit in a conversation that's wanting the perks of a Steak Dinner. True a lot of the performance issue are centered around connection coding and I'm not suggesting that there couldn't be improvements. I for one would love to see AA and AF settings added. Even a lag bar and a way to test NAT status to Warframe servers (level 3 Black Lotus Communications out of Delaware) would be nice. I just see this complaint a lot in the console realm and I begin to think users have forgotten what the word console means. You claim a lot of things about the PC version but I ask you have you ever run it? And if you have what were the specs of the PC than ran it?

Did you even try the settings above that I listed? Did you not see a performance improvement? Or is it the case that the graphics were to heavy impacted negatively for you to tolerate the trade off?

When i play warframe i have all my video settings of except dynamic res.  Ive used these since i started playing.  But really wf needs to fix console cuz we are a big majority in sales.

1 hour ago, (PS4)MadDogs98 said:

When i play warframe i have all my video settings of except dynamic res.  Ive used these since i started playing.  But really wf needs to fix console cuz we are a big majority in sales.

Ok so you have dynamic resolution on which is good but do you have it set to auto or USER? Try setting it to USER and then set the resolution scale slider below it to 100. That makes a pretty noticeable improvement on the Xbox. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 4:51 PM, (Xbox One)scrylite said:

Ok so you have dynamic resolution on which is good but do you have it set to auto or USER? Try setting it to USER and then set the resolution scale slider below it to 100. That makes a pretty noticeable improvement on the Xbox. 

Dynamic Resolution is the trick you are going to want to go with.  This will help your FPS a ton.  However, being on a PS4 Pro will help the framerate quite a bit.  I rarely lag these days with Dynamic Resolution set to Auto.  On the Xbox One X, the FPS is so high that it doesn't matter.  At least in my experience.  I'm mainly a PS4 Pro user though.