Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Putting univac to rest (SURVEY)

ljmadruga

10 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Not sure how this poll helps.. but i use sentinals currently. But i'd use my cat if i had univac bigger than the lil 3m one we have

I’m trying to show that if Vacuum were applicable to all companions, sentinels would not be as preferred as they are now.

Just now, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

This poll doesn't really indicate whether or not Universal Vacuum is a deciding factor in companion usage. It just says that ____ is most picked. It doesn't say for what reason.

I’m taking the abilities out of the question by generalizing. The one thing sentinels have over other companions is Vacuum. Sentinels have other advantages to use them, sure. However, Vacuum is a major deciding factor.

As of right now, out of 50 votes, Sentinels have 39 (78%), Kavats have 10 (20%), and Kubrows have 1 (2%). I intend to keep checking on this and keep giving results as the come. Right now it’s a very small pool. I’d prefer to see more people answer this for a more accurate answer.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

...but this is just a hasty assumption. There is no indication as to why people are voting for sentinels over pets, only that the spread is roughly 70% versus 30%.

You're assuming that vacuum is the reason for choosing sentinel.

If you can name another reason as to why players would choose a sentinel over another companion aside from Vacuum I’d love to hear it.

Off the top of my head other reasons could include being able to revive the player, but that only works perfectly every now and then. Their multiple ways of restoring health and shields are also a big plus, but they’re not as big of a factor.

Ability to revive users, far greater damage potential, low to zero maintenance, cloaking, near instant accessibility. (Taxon was created literally to be "Baby's First Sentinel"), Crowd electricity stunning, shield-recharge/over-shield gain, ammo mutation, all the unique precept mods such as Helios and its sonar-scanner.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

Ability to revive users, far greater damage potential, low to zero maintenance, cloaking, near instant accessibility. (Taxon was created literally to be "Baby's First Sentinel"), Crowd electricity stunning, shield-recharge/over-shield gain, ammo mutation, all the unique precept mods such as Helios and its sonar-scanner.

I agree with you on all points except damage potential. Kubrows have all companions beat on that.

4 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

DE has the data on how many people are using these things, if that information was the deciding factor in putting out universal vacuum it would be decided already :p

If they had the data they would have shown it by now.

3 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Uh... no?
DE is not easy to comprehend. I'm not saying I disagree with the desire for univac and how stupid it is that we don't have it, but... y'know... just because something makes sense, doesn't mean that's what DE thinks-- usually the opposite, actually.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

Starting since Sacrifice was added to the game.... I can probably count the number of times it has successfully worked on one hand...... 

That aside, yeah sentinels are generally better Swiss Army Kives, tho I'm not sure about their damage potential being higher as I haven't been able to fit an attack precept in my builds for quite some time now. 

I will definitely give you that the maintenance on the Companions is pretty much the reason I rarely drag my Kavat out of storage. It isn't even the universal Vacuum that bothers me as much as the whole Degradation mechanic. 

I use sentinals the majority of the time because

• The mechanic to switch pets is time consuming and exceptionally annoying. (I don't care about the credits to rush recovery)
  • The kubrow loyalty mechanic blows and is inconsistent
  • After getting spoiled by vacuum picking up reactant, its annoying to go back to pets and picking them up manually.
  • Health and energy orbs are not marked on the map and are frequently blocked from view - vacuum just takes care of that.

I generally would prefer to run adarza, smeeta, and huras (in that order) over any sentinal and definitely would if they at least vacuumed Orbs and reactants and I could switch to them quickly. I generally don't care about resources (don't need), life support (easy to see and have special map icons), or mods (easy to see).

So for me, the biggest by far obstacle is the mechanics of switching. Vacuum of Orbs/reactant is a fairly distant second, and vacuum of resources etc is not an issue.

28 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Based on what? They have all the data on the game. There has been no change to the the game besides a 3m vacuum. Why would they release the data if 100 people would find 1000 things that justified their reading being the right way and DE obviously doing something wrong?

4 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Just put that you use sentinels

Last check before i go to bed

Out of 89 total votes

Sentinels have 66 (74.16%)

Kavats have 17 (19.1%)

Kubrows have 6 (6.14%)

I'd bet plat 70%+ is Carrier specifically.

That's the joke of course.

To those saying that vacuum is not the sole reason people use sentinels don't forget the fact that carrier was used over 80% of the other sentinels when they showed us the stats before adding vaccum to all sentinels and I people have since given up on the qol that vacuum provides since then.

I personally use sentinels for the survivability mods though.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

There is no indication as to why people are voting for sentinels over pets, only that the spread is roughly 70% versus 30%.

Instead this should be a poll on which Sentinel you primarily use to see if the Vacuum Within did what it was supposed to and increase Sentinel diversity.