Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seems DE has made end game content pointless

VorsMainAccount

So as a test i created this alt account to see if i could reach "end game" content i.e. the eidolon hunts. It seems at as low as MR1 you can now obtain arcanes... I understand DE wasn't aiming this at low MR's and low MR people won't be focusing on this content but it needs to be addressed imo.

Even when in a party other players can put on both eidolon missions and after completing vors prize you're free to obtain arcanes at MR1.

Proof:

Spoiler

aegqzjV.jpg

Spoiler

ZdFC7ti.jpg

Spoiler

OoEMIbo.jpg

Meanwhile, i, as a 3 year old player, have never touched any arcanes except my speed rhino helmet, which technically only is an arcane by name and have been doing fine.

Thank you for asking.

My whole take is, that it's purely optional anyway, and i can do without it without problems, so i won't mind if someone puts in the effort to actually get them and i don't really care what MR people are anyway.

Just now, motorfirebox said:

So...? Most MR1 players are too busy figuring out how to equip mods to even know what an arcane is, much less finagle their way into a group that can carry them. And in that case, guess what, they can just buy arcanes for plat. Oh noes mah edgames

Night time in the plains? i'm sure a lot of new players are focusing on the plains right now as DE are pushing it very hard, so going into the plains at night isn't hard to achieve...

1 minute ago, VorsMainAccount said:

Not newsworthy i'm just saying it should be MR locked or atleast complete second dream and gara's quest before allowing you to take on a eidolon.

What harm does a new player getting carried through an Eidolon do to the game?  

3 minutes ago, VorsMainAccount said:

Not newsworthy i'm just saying it should be MR locked or atleast complete second dream and gara's quest before allowing you to take on a eidolon.

But technically you can't "take on an eidolon" without completing the second dream, since you need to unlock operators?

EDIT: Of course, with the sole exception of being carried. But that's not "taking on" an eidolon.

Edited by Megakruemel

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of restrictions on eidolons.... doesn't need to be anything too high, maybe mr8 which is just a little higher than highest bounty tier requirements for the single and say mr10 for the three...  

It does get a little tiresome having to keep revive 'newbies' all the time that manage to get into an eidolon fight without half the gear needed to fight an eidolon (ie no amps) and don't take any notice of the higher level players that tell them to 'go further away'.....

Had an mr2/3 come along for the ride before the eidolon bounties were added and even after we tried to advise them to stay away from eidolon till we call them because they couldn't do anything without an operator, they still continued to shoot at the eidolon with the starter weapons....and as such kept being killed.  After a while we just said enough is enough and let him keep being killed.... not exactly the right 'impression' to give but if they don't want to listen what can you do, if there was an MR restriction there wouldn't have been this sort of issue. 

Edited by LSG501

They should lock access from the Eidolon fights away until you get your first amp (the Mote). Have the bounties come from Onkko or someone in that room. To be able to fight them you should at least have the basic tool to do so.

I would even go as far to say that you can't take on the big ones until you have crafted your own amp.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

There is always the option to leave the groups if you are joining a PuG that has a player without an actual operator. If you decide to stay it really is your own problem for not following through on those things you find wrong. If someone doesnt mind carrying a lowbie through an eidolon fight that is up to them. Eidolons have always been there to be killed by lowbies and high levels alike, if the two group up. Now just because they have expanded the loot it doesnt mean the lowbies should be locked out, atleast not by DE.

If players dont see it fitting that lowbies take part in "world boss" fights then the option is there for private parties or leaving PuGs that arent "on par".

Gerade eben schrieb VorsMainAccount:

Because raids are not matchmade so i can't just join a random raid at MR1 where as i can with eidolon fights

Hm, yeah. I guess it's nothing that an MR lock couldn't fix. Then again, i don't think DE did make something pointless that didn't exist to begin with. We have yet to get a proper endgame.

as they are trade-able for plat its a moot point as you could still get them(and always have been able too) with a big enough wallet regardless of MR so the only bonus for locking them behind MR is so you can sell them to new players with more money then good sense. A limit due to the content difficulty might make sense but based on the rewards not so much

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

Addressed how? What is the problem that needs addressing? Just don't carry people who are low MR, since apparently they don't deserve the rewards or such.

Congratulations on seeing if you can get a team to carry you I guess?

It's got nothing to do with low MR people not deserving the rewards, it's better than they experience the second dream and garas quest first to understand the operators and obtain a amp to help kill/capture eidolons

Wouldn't you rather experience that first?

Edited by paul5473

This just further reinforces the notion many have on DE pushing POE to the extreme whist blantantly turning a blind eye to veterans of the game. Many have been asking for an explanation as to what to expect as "end game" content. 

We where under the impression this was going to be it. The fact someone can create an account spend about 30 mins completing the initial quest, then jump strait into a Eidolon hunt is just ridiculous to me quite frankly. 

Edited by TALISMAN_XVII
Grammar.

il y a 21 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

There is always the option to leave the groups if you are joining a PuG that has a player without an actual operator. If you decide to stay it really is your own problem for not following through on those things you find wrong. If someone doesnt mind carrying a lowbie through an eidolon fight that is up to them. Eidolons have always been there to be killed by lowbies and high levels alike, if the two group up. Now just because they have expanded the loot it doesnt mean the lowbies should be locked out, atleast not by DE.

If players dont see it fitting that lowbies take part in "world boss" fights then the option is there for private parties or leaving PuGs that arent "on par".

Leaving the group because matchmaking allowed something that doesn't make sense is not an option.
It's not about minding, it's about not even having the ability to play that content and still getting rewarded for it.

Eidolons have been created and "sold" to the player-base with the idea of being "Higher-Tier" content. So again, no it's not made for lowbies, even less straight up Mastery rank 1 players.

This isn't a world boss.
Fomorian threat and Razorback are world boss, eidolon is supposed to be high-tier challenge.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX