Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seems DE has made end game content pointless

VorsMainAccount

I don't see the issue with ridding the game of what the community currently considers "endgame" - that being hour long endless missions and trials. You should probably think about what a good designed endgame is before jumping on the "we need stronger enemies" bandwagon. If an endgame content is defined as gameplay that requires a certain amount of grind spent in game to level up your gear to a point where it can deal with enemies of that level as easily as those of the starting ones, then I'm sorry to say that I don't care for endgame one bit. There is nothing continually rewarding in being able to fight increasing hitpoints and damage output. It's just a front to provide you with the illusion that you're not wasting your time doing the same grindy missions maxing out your gear. It's the cheapest solution to a problem the game intentionally creates in order to keep you playing.

Ouch. Better not mention that Newbies and buy full Prime Access Packs, and Prime Unvaultings from right now too. That once "End-game" material....in the hands of a newly joined player......Ssss, must sting these types of folks something fierce.

In the logical Universe though, New Player Eidolon Experience (WITHOUT being carried by a oddly considerate squad) goes more like this:

"What is that?"

"What IS THAT?!"

"Ah?! Am I doing no Damage?! How do I...What do I...Aaaaahhh!!! I'm out of here!" *Goes out of Plains, and into the rest of the Star Chart Progression Nodes*

"*Grumble Grumble* I'll be back for you later.....someday..."

While I do kinda agree with you, OP, locking an Eidolon Fight behind MR is... very bad and annoying thing. I'd rather arcane slot on frames is unlocked after the played finished Second Dream, seeing how it was related to Sentients and it gives players enough time to learn about the game.

Fun Fact: You could also get carried in LoR as well, even at MR 1. 

This is no different, anyone who says "this" is proof DE is abandoning vets while catering for new players is hypocritical.

New players can outright buy arcanes if they wish. Endgame rewards aren't sacred items

Edited by Buzkyl

Eidolons are too accessible to be a true endgame. even so, for a new player getting in a group that won't immediately disband to escape them is one thing, actually having the skill as an MR1 player to just survive because you won't be doing more than tickling the Teralyst with MK-1 weapons is another. and the Arcanes are only supposed to be there temporarily (at least that's the idea, but DE haven't helped matters by not saying anything about how long remastering Raids will take).

locking it behind Mastery Rank isn't going to do much more than make new players beg to be carried up to a certain point so that they can then be carried again during an Eidolon run. if you have a problem playing alongside low ranks, don't PUG. simple.

51 minutes ago, VorsMainAccount said:

Spoils the game especially if you haven't done the second dream 

Being in Cetus or in any other Mission where ppl change into operator mode spoils the game as well. Lets face it, low MRs will most likely not be interested in Arcanes. They could theoretically bought them with MR2 before, now they could theoretically get them with MR1. Wasnt a problem before, isnt a problem now.

53 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Ouch. Better not mention that Newbies and buy full Prime Access Packs, and Prime Unvaultings from right now too. That once "End-game" material....in the hands of a newly joined player......Ssss, must sting these types of folks something fierce.

In the logical Universe though, New Player Eidolon Experience (WITHOUT being carried by a oddly considerate squad) goes more like this:

"What is that?"

"What IS THAT?!"

"Ah?! Am I doing no Damage?! How do I...What do I...Aaaaahhh!!! I'm out of here!" *Goes out of Plains, and into the rest of the Star Chart Progression Nodes*

"*Grumble Grumble* I'll be back for you later.....someday..."

Except they don't do that.. they stay even after numerous warnings, die constantly, and get rewarded for it bc there's no kick option. You can't even tell them why they aren't doing damage without spoiling operators. If you say it's endgame, they stay hoping to get endgame rewards for free. 

It's a mess honestly, I enjoy pub groups, but having 1 area built around new and end game is a mess.

I would prefer a Monster Hunter World solution where you have two options for plains. Low Rank and High Rank. Low Rank Eidolonz would be immortal, and High rank requires a higher MR to even load in. MHW you can't do high rank til a certain point, it blocks you out. Then make arcanes only equippable at certain rank as well regardless if bought with plat on trading.

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo

Arcanes were never endgame.

I mean since platinum can be traded, anyone can just buy an arcane off another player.

Raids content was arguably endgame and it has been removed temporarily.

Dark Sector is returning as the next endgame.

Eidolon hunting is difficult but the terraryst isn't endgame now that hydralyst and gantulyst are out.

It has an equipment check in the form of zero damage if you don't own a decent amp and can be impossible to capture (especially the last 2) if you are being carried and do not have the right equipment.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

Well now that you can get arcanes from the easiest of cheesiness of all mission types, I’d say any MR deserves an arcane since anyone could essentially do a “raid” now.

They should make Arcane slots locked behind MR 10 MR 20 and MR 30.

That will make people have to get MR to use them.

Warframe is about fun, not nail biting difficulty. The only challenge this game provides is just enough to test your gear and skill. Anything beyond that is purely optional and doesn't grant additional rewards.  

If a mr1 player is good enough and has the wherewithal to join and complete an Eidelon hunt, then they deserve it. I appreciate the open nature of the game. 

LOL, I have kept saying that DE created Trails and Sorties to be the end game content that vet players can play. Fashionframe and collecting are the other endgames.

The problem was that most of the vet players went so far ahead of what the devs consider standard difficulty they never realized trials and sorties were never seen as a true challenge.

Another issue is that fundamentally this game is not properly balanced. DE is quite deficient at creating a sophisticated combat, power, and level mechanics to sustain the type of continuous play they strive for. For them difficulty is not measured by DPS or body count but by number of missions played and total hours playing.  They do not nor have never built the game beyond lvl 100 and the 4 rotation rounds reward table.

And finally, and this is something I have just recently concluded, is that DE is terrible about teaching their players how to play the game and how they intended the game to be played. They largely use inference and design choices communicate their intent, but because of the previous referenced deficiency in designing sophisticated and balanced systems they have inadvertently or unwittingly allowed veteran players to break the core mechanics and play the game in a manner it was never designed for.

If you think that killing lvl 100+ mobs is a achievement DE doesn't agree with you.

If you play endless waves beyond the AABC reward cycle you are playing the game in a manner not intended and non of the games core mechanics are optimized to provide a true experience of the game as the devs designed it.

Seriously, guys, it's been FIVE YEARS that DE has been developing this game. At this point if they wanted the type of endless waves infinitely scaling mob spawning mission type that you all think is in there, they could have done so years ago. Every single decision and effort they have made has been moving away from this idea. And at a basic level, DE is not interested in having this be a thing in the game.

I agree that veteran content is dwindling, but not in this manner at all. Your post literally just shows "I got carried". I would like to see you get "carried" through an LoR or JV which weren't your buddies and they would just kick you out. This thread accomplished nothing and doesn't even back up your argument.

1 hour ago, VorsMainAccount said:

Not via matchmaking 

Irrelevant. The only difference between Raids and Hunts were the fact that Hunts have public matchmaking.

The point is using the fact that an MR 1 could join a hunt is fallacious as a MR1 can join a trial.

2 hours ago, Aggh said:

What harm does a new player getting carried through an Eidolon do to the game?  

The hardcore 1337 Trials players' Arcane inventories are now worth pennies on the dollar and they are salty they can't over charge people.

37 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Irrelevant. The only difference between Raids and Hunts were the fact that Hunts have public matchmaking.

The point is using the fact that an MR 1 could join a hunt is fallacious as a MR1 can join a trial.

It's not irrelevant when you have a choice of inviting that MR1 into the raid where with a hunt you don't 

7 minutes ago, VorsMainAccount said:

It's not irrelevant when you have a choice of inviting that MR1 into the raid where with a hunt you don't 

I N V I T E O N L Y

R E C R U T I N G C H A T

Or simply creating a group yourself.

The options are available to you.

24 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The hardcore 1337 Trials players' Arcane inventories are now worth pennies on the dollar and they are salty they can't over charge people.

Let's kill the riven market too by giving every new player free scoliac and opticor rivens.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

Let's kill the riven market too by giving every new player free scoliac and opticor rivens.

Is this supposed to be something I disagree with? Are you confirming this entire thing is because people can't sell Arcanes now?

3 minutes ago, --Q--Captain said:

Would be a good reason to nerf the dispositions of both weapons too...

Oh yeah has to be god roll.