Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie bosses are WAY to durable

(PSN)XxDrakenguardxX

Seriously, without overkill damage frames like chroma(pre Nerf) these bosses have way to much health and armor. I get they need to be tough, but there's a line between tough and bullet sponge on steroids.

Example: Was running the PS4 sortie today and the ambulas LV 112 was literally impossible to kill within the timer without a chroma or frames who can put out similar damage. Couldn't down 1 let alone 6.

Another example was the lephantis fight a few days ago. Boss either bugged when you finally got past stage 1 or it took 1-3 hours depending on how lucky you are. (Or if you've got a team who actually dose anything, that might have been my problem here)

Sortie bosses need their durability turned back a few pegs. Especially if DE is going through with their nerfing of high damage output frames like chroma. 

An easy solution would be to cap all sortie bosses at  A LV that is durable, but not so durable that someone could run all three raids in the time it takes to kill it. (It's an over the top example, but I'm just trying to make a point) either that or cap their stats.

Edit: figured out I was running a bad build for ambulas so I'll admit I was a bit of a derp on that account. 

Edited by (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX

the previous iteration of Vex Armor was incredibly unnecessary to Kill Sortie Bosses.

try:
Corrosive Projection
bringing a Weapon that can liberally apply Corrosive Status
Scanning the Bosses to know what Damage Types they are weak to
using the many choices we have for Abilities which increase Damage or protect you from the Damage the Boss deals out to you
researching the mechanics of Bosses, to understand how to engage with them so you can deal with them in an expedient manner (thinking of Ambulas here mainly, Ambulas is a complex Enemy)

example: i can Kill Sortie Ambulas as a Trinity (so note, no Abilities that increase Damage) during an Elemental Resistance Modifier, with like one Magazine worth of Shots after weakening the Armor.

What was the Sortie condition? Were you geared correctly for it and what Ambulas was weak to?

Sortie Lephantis shouldn't take you an hour let alone 3.

By geared properly, I don't mean FOTM broken damage multiplier. I mean frame and weapons modded correctly.

You know, I was Ash with a Quarttak,  there was two excaliburs and one chroma with, heh, I don't remember the weapon,   we won without too much trouble, and I was top damage as Ash,  sure , the ambulas are reaaaaally tanky, but isn't it the point of end of the line new military technology ?  The reward was crap, we got a reactor, but still, fights like that are fun, it's not instakill, and add some challenge. never got any issue even agaisn't a augmented enemy armor Lephantis, it took time, like a boss is supposed to force.

Edited by Cyberhazard

22 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

You know, I was Ash with a Quarttak,  there was two excaliburs and one chroma with, heh, I don't remember the weapon,   we won without too much trouble, and I was top damage as Ash,  sure , the ambulas are reaaaaally tanky, but isn't it the point of end of the line new military technology ?  The reward was crap, we got a reactor, but still, fights like that are fun, it's not instakill, and add some challenge. never got any issue even agaisn't a augmented enemy armor Lephantis, it took time, like a boss is supposed to force.

Agreed, I don't mind bosses like that. Only ones that have a good chance to bug like lephantis seems too (happened twice for me) and you gotta run it all over again.

We failed the first time, but not due to damage output -- we could one- or two-shot an ambulas (opticors and tigris primes with rad builds); the team just couldn't get it together to kill the adds and they wrecked us. I played Mag, but stupidly forgot about the diminishing returns on using powers on bosses. Mag made Ambulas 1 simple, but ambulas 2-6 took less and less damage.

Second time went better. Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Limbo. Fairly "meta" damage frames, I guess. I was the Chroma, and I actually spent most of my time with Vex armor up meleeing the crap out of all the adds. The Mirage did 50% of the damage and handled the Ambulae with ease; Limbo neutralized the artillery strikes; once we got coordinated it was smooth as silk.

But: absolutely, Sortie bosses are intentionally tough, so you have to capitalize on abilities, understanding their weaknesses, and usually tune / tweak your weapon builds to exploit those weaknesses as much as possible. It takes time to get your gear to the "one-shot the sortie boss" stage. I'm still not there with most of my weapons.  

Edited by Ham_Grenabe