Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair Update

Sarynesthesia

As we all know, the most recent patches have reworked weapon availability to make DPS categories more balanced. 

players who had newly re balanced weapons got to keep them, even if that player's MR was lower than the weapon required.

but what about the players who had no idea this was coming and had plans thrown out the window? I am MR 9, and I have been working towards an Aklex Prime. the weapon was previously MR8 so I believed I was cleared to craft it.

then this update happened and my plans were ruined. I had the link, and both lexes. I was ready to upgrade my secondary weapon to something a little stronger, but the game ruined my chances. 

the problem is that I spent hard earned platinum on the second lex set and on the link. when the update dropped i was stranded with the parts to craft it and the bluebrint required, and no way to do so. where's my refund, DE? where's the three hours i spent farming relics to purchase the parts? where's the time i spent fishing for murkrays to sell? down the drain is where. 

thanks for nothing, DE

49 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

Now you have a great incentive to increase your mastery rank.

Your items and traded gear won't go anywhere unless you tell it to.

I agree, but there are many players who remain at MR-07 and still don't care to move onto the next level.

[There was a time when I did not care to gain Mastery Ranks too.] 

hace 1 hora, MCLapisGaming dijo:

As we all know, the most recent patches have reworked weapon availability to make DPS categories more balanced. 

players who had newly re balanced weapons got to keep them, even if that player's MR was lower than the weapon required.

but what about the players who had no idea this was coming and had plans thrown out the window? I am MR 9, and I have been working towards an Aklex Prime. the weapon was previously MR8 so I believed I was cleared to craft it.

then this update happened and my plans were ruined. I had the link, and both lexes. I was ready to upgrade my secondary weapon to something a little stronger, but the game ruined my chances. 

the problem is that I spent hard earned platinum on the second lex set and on the link. when the update dropped i was stranded with the parts to craft it and the bluebrint required, and no way to do so. where's my refund, DE? where's the three hours i spent farming relics to purchase the parts? where's the time i spent fishing for murkrays to sell? down the drain is where. 

thanks for nothing, DE

If you dont care enought to visit the forum to keep up with the updates why DE is going to care about your "plans" .

Oh noes.  I can't make it either, whatever will I do!  Oh, I know.  I'll grind up my MR and use the materials then.  What a calamity!

EDIT:  Holy crap they tweaked a lot of guns.  I wonder if they bothered fixing the punch through on the Drakgoon's charged shot.  Wish they'd mad the MR higher than gimping the damage per pellet by almost 20%...

EDIT 2:  Nope.  Not fixed.  Sad.  RIP Drakgoon.

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

2 hours ago, MCLapisGaming said:

thanks for nothing, DE

Then build the AkMagnus.  You'll be much better off with it than the AkLex Prime.  This will also give you mastery to help get your MR higher to craft the AkLex Prime.  Just don't sell the AkMagnus before you try out the AkLex Prime.  You can thank me later.

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Then build the AkMagnus.  You'll be much better off with it than the AkLex Prime.  This will also give you mastery to help get your MR higher to craft the AkLex Prime.  Just don't sell the AkMagnus before you try out the AkLex Prime.  You can thank me later.

Akmagnus requires MR 12.

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

I completely forgot about that.  Oh well.  Sux to be him.  

They also have lower stats than the Aklex Prime now. I think the nerf was undeserved, but it happened.

Also, looking through the Wiki, there are no semi-auto dual secondaries before MR 8 except for the Aklato and the normal Aklex, which are rather lackluster.

This means that players who enjoy dual-wielded secondaries can really only use the full-auto ones until MR 8.

4 hours ago, Squalobo said:

Never realized that fish could be sold for plat. I imagine it isn't very much, but that's still pretty interesting to know.

Anyways, it's pretty easy to reach MR 15 once you got the ball rolling down the hill.

What? Wait what? How? 

But to the OP, go increase your mastery rank. Now you have a reason to.

1 hour ago, EndermanBeast said:

What? Wait what? How? 

But to the OP, go increase your mastery rank. Now you have a reason to.

Its under weapon component i think that's what is called, it's the option under blueprints that's where your fish are and gems too. When you're in the trading menu.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, MCLapisGaming said:

thanks for nothing, DE

Don't be mad, pumpkin. I don't favor the MR changes either.

As others have previous stated, these "changes" were posted in the forums to the livestreams (youtube posted each episode of Prime Time & Devstream). Let's face it, not everyone has time to read patch notes or is not tech savvy enough to know they exist. Etc.

I believe the Tenno-type weapons (both in the market & the Tenno Lab) should make up 75% of the weapon base before MR 10, with the last 25% being the Grineer & Corpus weapons you would see on a regular basis. I consider the Tenno weapons as "training" weapons. The only gear familiar to you (other than your warframe), once you awoke into an unfamiliar and alien universe.

Those pieces you've broke your butt to collect, will be safe in your inventory. Again, it sucks. However, you have an universe of weapons to explore at your MR. Such as the Grineer types, which are powerful enough to make you cackle with glee (except for the vipers which are more useful as toilet paper). 
It only takes 20 - 30 mins to level a new weapon to rank 30, providing if you do it right. Grab a rank 30 warframe, a rank 30 weapon that destroys everything it touches (looking at you, sobek, you crazy a-hole), and the weapon you wish to rank. Then, go to the solar map and switch to "public". You'll want to run alerts, invasions (3 times to receive the reward), void relics, dark sectors, and standard survival/defense missions (you can reach 15 to 20 just in the defense on Earth). A partner will give you bonus affinity, so a full group (with brass -----) will have you drowning in it. 

As I've discussed with other Tenno, never be afraid of creating a "wishlist". You never know when a tiny Ivara-fairy may find her way into your ship, run head first into a wall, and leave something behind. Only to mysteriously disappear, save the blood streak left behind from her tiny wounded head...

Hopefully, I've improved your mood a litte. Maybe, I prompted you to call your local law enforcement agency in order to get a restraining order against that creepy Ivara-fairy. Who knows, really. Crazy ---- happens when you're groovin with positive vibes.

Good luck and take care.

:meridian::suda::redveil:

Edit : Prime MR - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime

Edited by GrazewoundZero