Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Eidolon's granting access to Veteran "content"

Cyandana

So like, what if there was a super duper mega hard Eidolon that you could only summon by forging a key by killing each of the current 3.

Or maybe that key granted you temporary access to so some majorly jacked up version of the current PoE - where all the mobs were level 100+ and the rewards were the same, but the chance for some unique cosmetics were thrown in as well. This way Veteran's can use their high leveled weapons to progress in fashion frame, which is of course the real endgame.

Right now I'm at a point in Warframe where I really just want high leveled targets to shoot at for a reason. I would like built in incentive min-max. The current Eidolon's have been the first thing in years to even kind of scratch that itch, though only for a few weapons (Snipers, Opticor).

Why are we continuing to promote this sort of grind-gating?

I agree that it's important for established players to be able to fight powerful enemies without slogging through hours of endless to get there, but...

1. min-maxing is a niche hobby. There should not be substantial rewards unique to this content; only greater quantities of standard rewards at best. The min-maxing should really be its own reward.
  2. The Eidolons are the worst gate for this sort of content if it must be gated. Bringing them down depends more on players having decent Amps than decent weapons, and defeating them is not particularly indicative of a player's overall equipment strength.

I honestly think this would be better handled with difficulty modifiers applicable to any normal mission.

More PoE is not the answer for this "veteran".

And neither is another migraine inducing light show.

I would rather have things like

• Single loadout sorties (ie not allowed to change frames between the three)
  • The above with some modifiers you perhaps don't know in advance (so maybe rather than "shotgun only" its "primary only" - because you wouldn't have known to pre-equip a shotgun instead of a bow e.g. - but you can be sure to have one of each primary,secondary,melee).  And if you quit and restart, they might get shuffled.
  • Starmap missions starting at level 60,80,100, 150, 200 - with rewards commensurate with the challenge. No taxi's allowed. Maybe only unlocked when you can solo the prior level.
  • Weekly sortie-type missions - that are VERY challenging  - time limits, extreme modifiers, whatever. Maybe the reward could simply be dojo or orbiter decorations or cosmetics or something. Or some kind of clearly visible warframe badge you get to wear - but it only lasts a week - so if you want to keep it, you do the next weekly challenge.  Not sure what the challenge that would actually be challenging, but it needs to be hard enough that the expected completion is only 10% or lower of the people that take it on.
Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

What about once we finish the starmap and/or all the quests, DE could give us the possibility to choose the level of the enemies in any mission we wanted? With some kind of juicy rewards once you passed a certain amount of time on some kind of hardcore mode (even for the veteran's standards). I think I would start paying more attention to my surroundings instead of just being in an autopilot mode, hehe!

17 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Why are we continuing to promote this sort of grind-gating?

I agree that it's important for established players to be able to fight powerful enemies without slogging through hours of endless to get there, but...

1. min-maxing is a niche hobby. There should not be substantial rewards unique to this content; only greater quantities of standard rewards at best. The min-maxing should really be its own reward.
  2. The Eidolons are the worst gate for this sort of content if it must be gated. Bringing them down depends more on players having decent Amps than decent weapons, and defeating them is not particularly indicative of a player's overall equipment strength.

I honestly think this would be better handled with difficulty modifiers applicable to any normal mission.

as a veteran myself i agree with this statement wholeheartedly.